Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - 2011 Playoff Quest

Capable sure, consistent no

On UVM's first crash the net goal DeSimone did a fabulous job of back checking, that is why his guy was uncovered out front for the tap in.
    "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

In honor of Gordie Clark being named to the ECAC 50th Anniversary Team,
      and in recognition of the beginnings of UNH's Playoff Quest many years ago,
      I have posted a video of Gordie Clark, Jamie Hislop and Cliff Cox scoring 3 goals in 1 minute and 45 seconds in the 1974 ECAC Quarterfinals against RPI:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUEHAUJsKDE
      Last edited by C-H-C; 03-16-2011, 04:59 PM.
      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
        I have posted a video of Gordie Clark, Jamie Hislop and Cliff Cox scoring 3 goals in 1 minute and 45 seconds in the 1974 ECAC Quarterfinals against RPI:
        I can remember it being so loud you couldn't here yourself think. Louder than any other sporting event i have ever been too. Do you have any other footage

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
          I can remember it being so loud you couldn't here yourself think. Louder than any other sporting event i have ever been too. Do you have any other footage
          Not of that particular game.
          The thrill that would run through your veins when the Snively crowd went wild was second to none.
          The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
            Not of that particular game.
            The thrill that would run through your veins when the Snively crowd went wild was second to none.
            I was only nine but all my brothers who were older would take me. I grew up going to brown games , at that time brown had some good teams and meehan was loud but nothing compared. I remember the brown playoff game where unh won 4-3 in ot ,think 1976

Comment

Charlie Holt Team Sportsmanship Award: New Hampshire Wildcats

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/16/hock...#ixzz1GoKYo4Cd

seems like you guys get this every year huh? excellent

Comment

Just boarded my plane in Minneapolis, which had just arrived from Denver loaded up with the Pioneer hockey team, readying themselves for the wcha final 6. I razzed them a bit about our 'cats getting it done this year. Nice guys. As I spend half my life out here, it's really something to watch minnesotans come alive this time of year, what with televised high school hockey tourneys and the final 6.

I only hope it's a flight from manchvegas unloading in a few weeks. And I hope the outcome is better than the last visit. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.
                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  Just boarded my plane in Minneapolis, which had just arrived from Denver loaded up with the Pioneer hockey team, readying themselves for the wcha final 6. I razzed them a bit about our 'cats getting it done this year. Nice guys. As I spend half my life out here, it's really something to watch minnesotans come alive this time of year, what with televised high school hockey tourneys and the final 6.

I only hope it's a flight from manchvegas unloading in a few weeks. And I hope the outcome is better than the last visit. But maybe I'm getting ahead of myself.
                  We shall see, best of luck

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    Charlie Holt Team Sportsmanship Award: New Hampshire Wildcats

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/16/hock...#ixzz1GoKYo4Cd

seems like you guys get this every year huh? excellent
                    I actually think this could be an important factor in the game. UNH is averaging 10 minutes in penalties per game, best in the league, while Merrimack is averaging 24, worst in the league. I know that majors and misconducts can skew these numbers but, even so, this is a decided advantage for UNH. Since the two teams PP are very close, I can see this being the difference in the game.

The other thing that struck me when reading the HE stats is how DiGirolamo tops Cannata in every stat - gaa, save percentage, total saves and, of course, wins. The differences aren't great, but when you combine it with the penalty stats, I think it is enough. Prediction, if UNH scores 4, they win.

Comment

Being a newer, younger UNH fan, that video was amazing! That place looked rockin'!
                      Bobby Butler for Hobey 2010
                      Paul Thompson for Hobey 2011
                      Stevie Moses for Hobey 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHFan1 View Post
                        Being a newer, younger UNH fan, that video was amazing! That place looked rockin'!
                        You have no idea the noice level, big thing was mostly students the lines would form late in the afternoon

Comment

• Originally posted by UNHFan1 View Post
                          It was deafening when they scored and the chants, oh my god

Comment

I'll be at TD North and I hope UNH shows up to play. My biggest worry is the verizon center. Such a bad record there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                              OK... that was sick!
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Clark-Hislop-Cox View Post
                                That was awesome. Wish there were more older videos around for us younger folks who never got to see some of the goings on in the 70s and 80s. As a Merrimack fan, I'd love to have a video of the 78 D2 Champ team or the 80s run to the NCAAs against NU and LSSU. Heck, I've been a HE fan since 1993, but I often think to myself how much I'd love to see videos of some of the great games I saw of the 90s and early 00s.

Comment

Working...
                                X