Bracket breakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bracket breakers

Okay, hopefully you've had a chance to digest the bracket, get your complaints out of your system, and begin to look at the possible match ups! I think the bracket could end up being one of the best tourny's in years. I think the most intriguing match up that stood out to me right off the bat is Elmira tarvelling to Adrian. No doubt the biggest home game in Adrian history and a great out of conference match up! What other's stand out to you?

Re: Bracket breakers

Originally posted by pierre maguire View Post
    Okay, hopefully you've had a chance to digest the bracket, get your complaints out of your system, and begin to look at the possible match ups! I think the bracket could end up being one of the best tourny's in years. I think the most intriguing match up that stood out to me right off the bat is Elmira tarvelling to Adrian. No doubt the biggest home game in Adrian history and a great out of conference match up! What other's stand out to you?
    SNC meeting another SUNYAC powerhouse in the Semis, potentially - that one is an utter toss-up to me, and will be a splendid one to behold. As a Lakers fan, this is an extremely interesting road to the FF. There's plenty of action beyond the Green and Gold to be savored as well.
    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
    this is for you."
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

This year is a real toss up. Just when you think Oswego is going to run away with it, they are playing .500 hockey with loses to the #5 and #6 teams in their conference. Norwich is coming in strong. Plattsburgh...just leave it at that. Elmira has a tough road but is dangerous. Bowdoin/Neumann could easily surprise Oswego. Its a tough year to pick.
      Remy Babineaux
      remyb616@gmail.com
      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

If I'm Oswego, I really don't want to play Neumann. Simply for the fact that Neumann's Sr. and Jr. class already went in to PSU and beat them in Overtime back in '09! They know what it takes to walk in to a big time game and steal it!

Comment

This is a tough one to pick...Plattsburgh is playing some good hockey right now, and so is Norwich, although I'm still not sold on Parker Carroll. St. Norbert has played consistently well all year, and Elmira is dangerous. I will say, I won't be picking Curry to win it all

Comment

Originally posted by sticksnstones View Post
            I'm still not sold on Parker Carroll.
            Statistically he looks very ordinary, but the way he played it OT against Babson was darn good. Even though he comes from PA, Parker is not Klinger, but he's getting the job done.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

I'm more worried about the Norwich firepower then Carroll. He gives them a chance to win. Can Leis have another great game or will be see the Plattsburgh team that went 0-2 against Buff State? Plattsburgh has to hold Norwich to 2 goals to win I believe. That's not an easy task.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by pierre maguire View Post
                If I'm Oswego, I really don't want to play Neumann. Simply for the fact that Neumann's Sr. and Jr. class already went in to PSU and beat them in Overtime back in '09! They know what it takes to walk in to a big time game and steal it!
                And Oswego has beat Plattsburgh 5 straight times. So what? Neumann beating Plattsburgh has nothing to do with how they'll play against Oswego. It all depends on which Oswego team shows up on Saturday. If it's the team that dominated the first 12 games of the season, then Oswego has a pretty decent shot of getting to the championship. If it's the team that played Fredonia in the SUNYAC semi's, they're not going to Minneapolis.

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                  And Oswego has beat Plattsburgh 5 straight times. So what? Neumann beating Plattsburgh has nothing to do with how they'll play against Oswego. It all depends on which Oswego team shows up on Saturday. If it's the team that dominated the first 12 games of the season, then Oswego has a pretty decent shot of getting to the championship. If it's the team that played Fredonia in the SUNYAC semi's, they're not going to Minneapolis.
                  +1. This Saturday is a major measuring stick.

Simply from a viewpoint of seeing new teams, I wouldn't mind seeing Neumann Saturday. That is to say I take nothing from Bowdoin in terms of their power, nor to say Neumann is weak. Simply looking for...new blood, that's all.
                  "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                  this is for you."
                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by LakerFan99 View Post
                    The fact that Oswego has beat Plattsburgh 5 straight times has nothing do with it either, what he is trying to say is that the upperclass at Neumann has the experience of coming in to the Opponent's barn as an underdog and beating them. Like he said they came into Plattsburgh against a top team in the nation with what many people said no hopes of winning but the hopes of keeping the game close so that it would be entertaining and walked out with a win and the road to the title. Many of my friends from Oswego said that the SUNYAC tournament played out like the year Oswego won the National title when they lost to Ferdonia so they were hoping that history is going to repet itself. But history could also be repeting itself for Neumann as well having to go in to tournament favorites barn and play. (Sorry SNC fans but I would have to say Oswego would the favorites coming in or at least tied with SNC for the favorite to win it all.)
                    Last edited by dmac1103; 03-07-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

The ONLY reason this Laker fan want to play Platty again is because that would mean we made it to the FINAL....

The Birds are peaking and the Soaring Eagles have hit their stride - could just as easily be an All Audubon Final...
                      LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

the birds are playing well, still not sold on Leis.....Norwich playing well, goalie???.......Oz, my team, not sure which one will show up, the one who crushed Genny or the one who lost to Mvill/freddy.........I would NOT want to play HELLMIRA they seem to be on fire........as far as west teams have not seen mych of them so cannot comment........should be fun.........

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                          the birds are playing well, still not sold on Leis.....Norwich playing well, goalie???.......Oz, my team, not sure which one will show up, the one who crushed Genny or the one who lost to Mvill/freddy.........I would NOT want to play HELLMIRA they seem to be on fire........as far as west teams have not seen mych of them so cannot comment........should be fun.........
                          Those reasons you gave for the east teams are the same reasons I'm going with SNC this year. No I'm not color blind either. I thought I wasted my money going to LP last year cuz I thought Oz was going to take them out in the semi. This years team has a shut down D with just enough O to come out on top. I had questions about this team early on, but not anymore. They are firing on all cylinders right now. The NCHA game wasnt even as close as the 2-1 score said. One good scoring chance out of 30 sog. The D just didnt allow any good looks and B.J. is playing as good as ever.

Comment

I'm surprised that Curry is getting so little attention...They're in the mix and I wouldn't want to think that any Cadet player, coach or fan is looking past them. Babson was hard enough to get by on Saturday, there is no room for let down now.
                            Formerly known as NUSuntan

Comment

Originally posted by The Real Georgia Peach View Post
                              I'm surprised that Curry is getting so little attention...They're in the mix and I wouldn't want to think that any Cadet player, coach or fan is looking past them. Babson was hard enough to get by on Saturday, there is no room for let down now.
                              No team should be looking past anyone else now. However, Curry had close to 15 penalties in their game against Wentworth. 3 of them were majors. If they even come CLOSE to doing that again against Norwich, it'll be over real quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X