BC gearing up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC gearing up.

Once again Boston College is hitting its stride just in time for the NCAA t'ment,Eagles captured HE regular season title with home and away victories over closest rival UNH this wknd.

Re: BC gearing up.

Who knew?

Comment

No wonder newspapers are dying....
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

And yet I remember recently being told by several people, quite a few times, and very emphatically, that BC sucks! Are you questioning their analysis of the situation?
        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

I never knew UNH was BC's closest rival!

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
            I can only assume he meant closest competition in Hockey East??
            Boston College Eagles National Championships: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Minnesota Golden Gophers National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003

Comment

Well, BC does play them more for relevant hardware than they do vs. BU. Perhaps Parker should put down the Jack Daniels and get working on improving his 1 good season a decade clip that he's been running on since Jerry showed up down the street!
              Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
              The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by TKDen View Post
                Once again Boston College is hitting its stride just in time for the NCAA t'ment,Eagles captured HE regular season title with home and away victories over closest rival UNH this wknd.
                Honestly most BC fans would rather have the HE Tournament. Coming in 2nd place would not be a big deal. Vermont did beat BC once this year but UMass plays BC tougher. It would be sweet playing BU again in the post season. It's possible we could play them 2 more times, HE Tournament and NCAA's.
                NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Well, BC does play them more for relevant hardware than they do vs. BU. Perhaps Parker should put down the Jack Daniels and get working on improving his 1 good season a decade clip that he's been running on since Jerry showed up down the street!
                  A good season a decade is at least consistent. BC, however, has been very inconsistent. Going half a century without a national championship. Then picking up three in a decade. Very inconsistent indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                    Honestly most BC fans would rather have the HE Tournament. Coming in 2nd place would not be a big deal. Vermont did beat BC once this year but UMass plays BC tougher. It would be sweet playing BU again in the post season. It's possible we could play them 2 more times, HE Tournament and NCAA's.
                    I'd rather have both

But ya, if you're only gonna win one...obviously the tourney. I'm certainly not looking past UMass. While they aren't winning games, they've been very competitive with some good teams down the stretch. UMass won't be a cupcake like Michigan Tech is out in the big, bad WCHA

As for BU, wouldn't you much rather see poor old NU end their season?

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post

I'll take playing BC two more times this seasons, as it would likely mean that BU beat BC in the HEA Tournament to meet them in the NCAA's. :-D

BU Alum '07

Comment

Well since BC isn't in Boston, maybe it is closer to UHN.
                        Originally posted by mookie1995
                        bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                        Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                        Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by TKDen View Post
                          Add in the Beanpot title & I don't really see a need to even play out the rest of the season. Duh! Winning!
                          Life's A Journey, Not A Destination......
                          Steven Tyler

Comment

IF BC doesn't win the national title this year, the 2010-2011 season will be a disappointment. Defending national champs with most of last year's team back. Should be a slam dunk

Comment

What? Arrogance isn't just a Minnesota thing? Well gee... I need to move.

Comment

Working...
                              X