PDA

View Full Version : Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

EaglesNest
03-07-2011, 05:58 PM
yes they did JC , we should be home.

03-07-2011, 06:10 PM
The problem is that if you beat a team that is ranked, and beating them makes them unranked, then you don't get credit for a win against a ranked team. You hurt yourself by winning...

Prof I understand what you are saying but for Wisc Sup to boast they have 17 games against a ranked opponent and after 6 weeks of the poll only St. Norberts is ranked (except for wisc sup in weeks 10,16 and 17) really skews the numbers, So in 17 weeks of polls,teams other than St Norberts were ranked 9 times all in the first 6 weeks

NUProf
03-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Prof I understand what you are saying but for Wisc Sup to boast they have 17 games against a ranked opponent and after 6 weeks of the poll only St. Norberts is ranked (except for wisc sup in weeks 10,16 and 17) really skews the numbers, So in 17 weeks of polls,teams other than St Norberts were ranked 9 times all in the first 6 weeks

Wrong ranks, they are talking about the NCAA regional rankings, not the USCHO rankings.

03-07-2011, 07:22 PM
Wrong ranks, they are talking about the NCAA regional rankings, not the USCHO rankings.

so tell me where does one find these NCAA weekly rankings or are they secret? I was just going by what dmac 1103 posted and those were obviously from USCHO

Birdwatcher
03-07-2011, 07:26 PM
so tell me where does one find these NCAA weekly rankings or are they secret? I was just going by what dmac 1103 posted and those were obviously from USCHO

NCAA.COM, then click on mens sports, ice hockey, DIII, rankings.

LakerEagleLover
03-07-2011, 07:27 PM
so tell me where does one find these NCAA weekly rankings or are they secret? I was just going by what dmac 1103 posted and those were obviously from USCHOIt's a little late to be asking that question, don't cha think? Check the NCAA website.....

PSUChamps2001
03-07-2011, 07:30 PM
It's a little late to be asking that question, don't cha think? Check the NCAA website.....

Gotta love it, those who complain the most have no clue what they are talking about like always....

norm1909
03-07-2011, 07:36 PM
NCAA Rankings (http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/icehockey-men/d3/regional_rankings_) ;)

03-07-2011, 07:40 PM
It's a little late to be asking that question, don't cha think? Check the NCAA website.....

ok smart guy...I have looked at the regional rankings, that by the way have been posted for what the last 3 weeks/ So tell me how that equates to Wisc Sup having 17 games against ranked teams

Saints17
03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Potsdam got ripped!

They tied Neumann. Tied Neumann! We all know Utica should have gotten in when they went 0-4 against Neumann. Potsdam tied Neumann, so how do they not get in?!?! That's better than 0-4 against Neumann.

Plus, Potsdam played a game ... well, okay, two periods ... in a Division I rink (Clarkson). How does that not get you in?

How many years does it take for Potsdam to beat national playoff selected teams and not get recognized?

Freaking ridiculous!

Listen pal, you can take your fake tan and leave Potsdam outta this conversation. Us Bears fans (when I say us, I mean me), would prefer to forget this season. Don't forget our dominance over SNHU.

03-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Gotta love it, those who complain the most have no clue what they are talking about like always....

When one responds to a post that spews false figures and uses what they had used to get to the point does not mean we don't know what we are talking about.....oh I forgot if you are not part of the good ol know it all boys of the dIII forum you shouldn't challange anything....who was complaining just making a statement

LakerFan99
03-07-2011, 07:45 PM
ok smart guy...I have looked at the regional rankings, that by the way have been posted for what the last 3 weeks/ So tell me how that equates to Wisc Sup having 17 games against ranked teams

The last published rankings were from 3/1. My calendar may be wrong, but that's not 3 weeks. The last NCAA rankings (the ones the committee used) are not released.

I think it's time to let it go.

Birdwatcher
03-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Page 2 of West Region scoring report prior to this past weekends games. They were 8-8 at that time: http://web1.ncaa.org/champsel_new/exec/pdf/staticpdfrank

norm1909
03-07-2011, 07:52 PM
The last published rankings were from 3/1. My calendar may be wrong, but that's not 3 weeks. The last NCAA rankings (the ones the committee used) are not released.

I think it's time to let it go.

I believe the commitee's rankings (the Gold Standard) start in Jamaica, Columbia, …

dmac1103
03-07-2011, 08:00 PM

Nope the games played were all mentioned in the Blog last night when they were discussing if Wisconsin-Superior would make it in; the rest of the stats came straight from the NCAA. USCHO has their own rankings that the NCAA doesn't use the NCAA use the regional rankings. When you go the regional rankings there is a link for East and West which is where I got my information. Sorry to disappoint you

03-07-2011, 08:08 PM
Nope the games played were all mentioned in the Blog last night when they were discussing if Wisconsin-Superior would make it in; the rest of the stats came straight from the NCAA. USCHO has their own rankings that the NCAA doesn't use the NCAA use the regional rankings. When you go the regional rankings there is a link for East and West which is where I got my information. Sorry to disappoint you

this does not say what teams were ranked and when they were ranked,,,,,having only 24 teams in the west there is a stronger chance of a team being ranked 1 time and then being able to count that when you play teams 3 times a year in league play as opposed to the east where there are 47 teams....I was not on here last night but the simple question wasa who was ranked and when were they ranked

eagle beagle
03-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Just a simple observation about all the consternation created be the UWS selection. I have
not observed any defenders of the said culprit. They are just sitting back and smiling knowing they have been given a large gift . The NCAA committee like justice
is sometimes blind to what's happening. UWS should start a post your thank you thread

03-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Look while I feel for Castleton they had a chance to take care of things and didn't do that, still with 4 losses and a 5-2 record against "ranked teams" think they deserved a shot, I know I know...SOS...unfortunately with the interlock they had to play ECAC and Nescac and don't have the schedule of playing 6 teams 18 times and if the happened to get ranked 1 time then wow does that help against ranked teams or what?

one_to7
03-07-2011, 08:33 PM
this does not say what teams were ranked and when they were ranked,,,,,having only 24 teams in the west there is a stronger chance of a team being ranked 1 time and then being able to count that when you play teams 3 times a year in league play as opposed to the east where there are 47 teams....I was not on here last night but the simple question wasa who was ranked and when were they ranked
The west only gets to rank 7 teams. The east gets to rank 15.

So no, having 24 teams doesn't make it more likely that someone will randomly get ranked. Especially since they use the NCAA criteria to rank those teams, so only the top 7 teams in the region get ranked. Same as the east (except they get slightly more than 2x the ranked teams as they have slightly more than 2x the teams)

dmac1103
03-07-2011, 08:34 PM

Yes I understand you have a better chance in the west but like I said that is 1 thing they look at. The other numbers I listed were the WL Pct in-region, Opp Avg Win Percentage (Region), Opp Opp Avg Win Perc (Region), In-Region SOS (Weighted OWP-OOWP) & In-region results vs. ranked teams are listed by the NCAA and using that also Wisconsin-Superior beats Castleton 3 out of 5 so they are in. Look at every NCAA sport SOS means everything and like you said there are 47 teams in the east so Castleton has a better chance to add to thier SOS the Superior. Try for instance to get into a tournament like when they were in the Cardinal Classic or try to add a game from against Oswego or Elmira or maybe add one those teams from out west to thier tournament. The plain and simple solution is to either have a VERY strong SOS or win your conference or both.