PDA

View Full Version : Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

CSC Dad
03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
You will be told that it is CSC's fault that the Norwich player pulled his helmet off, CSC is responsible for the other teams penalties as they would not take them against other teams but it is because of the way CSC plays

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?94384-Castleton-vs.-Norwich&p=5034818&viewfull=1#post5034818

Actually Castleton was bashed again for penalties and destroying the Interlock. Oh, no one from Norwich explained why the player who ripped of the Castleton player's helmet never sat for that infraction (15 PIMs in one play - 5 Facemask and 10 minute misconduct). Yet questioned why a Castleton player did not get benched for accumulating 20 penalty minutes over 2 games.

jerrynu26
03-08-2011, 10:36 PM
http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?94384-Castleton-vs.-Norwich&p=5034818&viewfull=1#post5034818

Actually Castleton was bashed again for penalties and destroying the Interlock. Oh, no one from Norwich explained why the player who ripped of the Castleton player's helmet never sat for that infraction (15 PIMs in one play - 5 Facemask and 10 minute misconduct). Yet questioned why a Castleton player did not get benched for accumulating 20 penalty minutes over 2 games.
Perhaps because it was an aberation, not a consistant thing. As far as "destroying the interlock", shouldn't you be asking NESCAC people that?

hockeyfan77
03-08-2011, 10:41 PM
Never bashed CSC or said the were the reason the interlock died. I said that was the presumption with most of the teams that they play on the edge and teams didnt want to play them. If you can't handle the truth than you are just thin skinned and can't deal with reality. Other than that one incedent with CSC I have no problem with them. If the truth hurts dont read my post.

03-08-2011, 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by hockeyfan77
Teams just don't want to schedule them...I have heard that many of the interlock teams don't want to play them: NESCSC teams hate them, a main reason they left???? not sure but I think so(CSC is not the only team in this boat however): I am not a huge fan of the NESCAC anyway...

There are reasons why but I will not share them on this board....You played Colby because of the interlock by the way....I am in no way typing to slam CSC players but if you can't find opponents their is a reason...I am also not trying to diss you either 1985 because unlike Northern Bile you bring reason and decent thought out post to these boards...CSC is going to be TOUGH next year, not looking forward to playing them twice....

in this post, I read "nescac main reason they left?" this post led to others bashing CSC and their "pattern" of dumb penalties. 20 min a game, many contact to the head penalties etc etc.....perception of cheap play and then the spewing of stats that were eithere 1/2 truths or needed to be put in perspective....so yes it would appear that CSC is being bashed

93GreatLaker
03-08-2011, 11:19 PM
A more appropriate thread title may have been:

Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here....but know that if you do we will beat you to a bloody pulp, say that you are a moron, and absolutely rip your favorite team to shreds!

MW4Bucky&SNC
03-08-2011, 11:20 PM
I never thought I'd be so learned when it came to Castleton hockey.:)

hockeyfan77
03-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Originally Posted by hockeyfan77
Teams just don't want to schedule them...I have heard that many of the interlock teams don't want to play them: NESCSC teams hate them, a main reason they left???? not sure but I think so(CSC is not the only team in this boat however): I am not a huge fan of the NESCAC anyway...

There are reasons why but I will not share them on this board....You played Colby because of the interlock by the way....I am in no way typing to slam CSC players but if you can't find opponents their is a reason...I am also not trying to diss you either 1985 because unlike Northern Bile you bring reason and decent thought out post to these boards...CSC is going to be TOUGH next year, not looking forward to playing them twice....

in this post, I read "nescac main reason they left?" this post led to others bashing CSC and their "pattern" of dumb penalties. 20 min a game, many contact to the head penalties etc etc.....perception of cheap play and then the spewing of stats that were eithere 1/2 truths or needed to be put in perspective....so yes it would appear that CSC is being bashed

Man, but am I doing the bashing????, I never said anything about hits to the head but the perception is there: as evidenced by the post of other poster....If you think that perception wasn't there before this thread than you are sorely mistaken...I also said I was not sure if that was the main reason but it THOUGHT is was: again perception and informed opinion....I also stated (CSC is not the only team in this boat however)...Get it right...Please....

XYZ
03-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Did I read a post in one of either this thread or the speculation thread regarding SOS < .500 being dropped from the field per the NCAA handbook (as the case with Castleton)? Or, was that one of the Bracketologists' own rules?

If a NCAA rule, obviously this would not apply to an AQ team like Adrian, Curry, Bowdoin.

(Based on the 3-1-11 rankings)

Josh considered .500 his arbitrary cutoff for his own analysis purposes. Generally speaking, history has shown that when in doubt it's usually wise to pay heavy deference to SOS. More often than not it seems to carry significant weight in a given year's selection.

Russell Jaslow
03-09-2011, 07:23 AM
I never thought I'd be so learned when it came to Castleton hockey.:)

I'm beginning to hate Castleton as much as Adrian...

LakerFan99
03-09-2011, 07:27 AM
A more appropriate thread title may have been:

Post all your cries whines, objections, complaints here....but know that if you do we will beat you to a bloody pulp, say that you are a moron, and absolutely rip your favorite team to shreds!

I'm starting to think the appropriate title should have been:

Post all your whines, objections, complaints about Castleton here

:D

LakerEagleLover
03-09-2011, 07:39 AM
I'm starting to think the appropriate title should have been:

Post all your whines, objections, complaints about Castleton here

:D I propose the rest of us leave '77, '85 and Daddy alone and let them slug it out here - make this the LAST POST by an "outsider" on this bloody thread...DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!!!

03-09-2011, 08:18 AM
I propose the rest of us leave '77, '85 and Daddy alone and let them slug it out here - make this the LAST POST by an "outsider" on this bloody thread...DROP THE PUCK ALREADY!!!

just leave........ if it's not about Oswego you consistantly talk down to anyone that posts about the team they follow

bakdraft21
03-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Perhaps because it was an aberation, not a consistant thing. As far as "destroying the interlock", shouldn't you be asking NESCAC people that?

No RIT destroyed it

norm1909
03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I do not think it is appropriate to whine about the whiners on the whines thread. Those that do should be ashamed of themselves. :p

snc1
03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
I'm beginning to hate Castleton as much as Adrian...

Adrian will always be the champ when it comes to this.

03-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Man, but am I doing the bashing????, I never said anything about hits to the head but the perception is there: as evidenced by the post of other poster....If you think that perception wasn't there before this thread than you are sorely mistaken...I also said I was not sure if that was the main reason but it THOUGHT is was: again perception and informed opinion....I also stated (CSC is not the only team in this boat however)...Get it right...Please....

As for USM, I do think they are making good strides and after getting some players back from injuries they had an impressive 4-2-1 record down the stretch, they have seemed to cut their penalty minutes and that is always a good thing......may want to get more than 15 shots on net thou to have any chance against Norwich :)

GoBullDogsGo
03-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Adrian will always be the champ when it comes to this.

Geeeez......just no love for the BullDogs! For your sake, I hope that SNC & Adrian can get at each other for another tilt! I hate seeing you lose sleep dealing with all this anger. :)

joeyc3402
03-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Geeeez......just no love for the BullDogs! For your sake, I hope that SNC & Adrian can get at each other for another tilt! I hate seeing you lose sleep dealing with all this anger. :)

I'd love to see that - MCHA vs. NCHA for the national title.

NorthernLite
03-09-2011, 10:26 AM
I'd love to see that - MCHA vs. NCHA for the national title.

.....joey.... have you been peeking at my bracket ?

NUProf
03-09-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm just going to make one last statement about CSC's PIM - 1985 said that their mean was distorted by some outliers. The best way to measure the center or typical value for a data set with outliers is to consider the median value. The median is a resistant measure of center which is not distorted by unusual values. For CSC PIM the median is 18 - not so different from the mean of 19.8. Interestingly enough, the median PIM for Castleton's opponents was 14. I'm not trying to make a value judgement here, just reporting data.