NCAA Quarterfinal: Mercyhurst @ Boston University

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal: Mercyhurst @ Boston University

Any thoughts on matchups? Lots of players North of the Border on both teams... probably some inside knowledge, eh?
    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal: Mercyhurst @ Boston University

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
    Any thoughts on matchups? Lots of players North of the Border on both teams... probably some inside knowledge, eh?
    Tough draw for BU. Mercyhurst looks like a real solid team.

How does the NCAA drop Mercyhurst to #6?? and raise BC to #4?? So, basically the PWR is useless in womens' hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
      Tough draw for BU. Mercyhurst looks like a real solid team.

How does the NCAA drop Mercyhurst to #6?? and raise BC to #4?? So, basically the PWR is useless in womens' hockey?
      To me it is BC that ended up with the though draw. Some reward for moving up to 4th spot (supposedly). NOT.

Is this the first time this year MC travels this far East ?.

Comment

I think if Mercyhurst plays the way they know they can they will win this game. If Pattenden has a game like she did against cuse they will probably lose, but if she actually plays well they have a good shot at this.

Comment

On paper, Mercyhurst definitely seems like the more solid team with a ton of offensive weapons so I wouldn't be surprised with a "upset" if you can even call it that.

There are a ton of connections between the players on the two teams so yes, maybe some inside info.

I'm excited to see this game in person as I wasn't able to see the game last year, although BU probably had 0 chance of winning that one. Should be fun to see the great Meghan Agosta play as well.

Comment

Despite the shortcomings of the bracket as a whole, this looks like a good pairing. Should be fairly high scoring, I would guess.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If Mercyhurst plays to their capabilities they should have a good chance of winning, and that extra incentive to be in the frozen four at home should help them out too.

Comment

Originally posted by hurstfan87 View Post
                I think if Mercyhurst plays the way they know they can they will win this game. If Pattenden has a game like she did against cuse they will probably lose, but if she actually plays well they have a good shot at this.
                Were you there??? Cuz the 4 PP goals scored against Hurst were all Defensive error and not Goal Tender error. It was easy to predict the goals in advance as soon as the MC D didn't cover the SU player at the net.
                Other than those 4 goals, SU didn't have a prayer 5 on 5

Comment

Originally posted by hurstfan87 View Post
                  Originally posted by myStuff View Post
                  Were you there??? Cuz the 4 PP goals scored against Hurst were all Defensive error and not Goal Tender error. It was easy to predict the goals in advance as soon as the MC D didn't cover the SU player at the net.
                  Other than those 4 goals, SU didn't have a prayer 5 on 5
                  Please see my "signature" quote below, which in the end is what it's all about!
                  Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bumbles View Post
                    On paper........ .
                    They play the game on the Ice, not on the paper. My money is on BU in this game. Much of it rides on the health of "Pou Pou".......BTW who can tell me the most famous athlete with that nick name. He is a legend and revered in his sport. ?

Comment

The WCHA Dynasty
                      Wisconsin
                      National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                      MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                      National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                      MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                      National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                      MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                        They play the game on the Ice, not on the paper. My money is on BU in this game. Much of it rides on the health of "Pou Pou".......BTW who can tell me the most famous athlete with that nick name. He is a legend and revered in his sport. ?
                        Wakefield scores on a beautiful backhand move
                        BU up 1-0 with six to play in the first.

Comment

Horrendous icing call on BU leads to faceoff in Mercyhurst offensive zone and they score to tie it at one. There was no way in hell that was icing. None whatsoever.

Comment

video feed for this game is truly terrible

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Horrendous icing call on BU leads to faceoff in Mercyhurst offensive zone and they score to tie it at one. There was no way in hell that was icing. None whatsoever.
                              You sound like TBA.
                              Originally posted by mookie1995
                              bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                              Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                              Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                              X