Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: #5 Maine vs #4Merrimack HEA quarterfinals

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
    Also Maine won as many Hockey East playoff games as Merrimack has played under Dennehy. If expetience counts the edge to Dennehy and Merrimack is nkt as decisive as its being made out.
    Home ice is the biggest factor, Dennehy isn't going to turn this series, Da Costa Might so might many other guys playing against Maines D. Canata is a game changer for sure, after the last 2 weeks which way does he change it. I'm picking Maine for no reason, just a feeling. Timmay wants his job, Maine loses its going to be a long offseason and next season doesn't look great if you ask me. He best get some good will now or fire Timmay pamphlets will be signs on the boards
    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      MCs coach has turned in to Jerry in one season? I realize Timmay is the butt of all jokes(rightfully so probably) but Dennehy is now a savior? I'll give ya goaltending, Maine is lacking for sure yet Sully hasn't gotten yanked 3 out of his last 4
      yeah and Sully does not have a 7.0+gaa in his last 120 minutes
      I hate to think that this series is actually going to be determined by the officials, but I think that that just might be the case

Comment

KIA I don't if if you deleted the toe drag post or what, I don't dispute that SDC is a great player. Gus in 8 playoff games, 5 goals 9 points. SDC in 3 playoff games, 1 G, 0 A and a game misconduct in the decisive game 3. I'll take my chances with Gus.

Unfortunately, I agree about the refs.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
          KIA I don't if if you deleted the toe drag post or what, I don't dispute that SDC is a great player. Gus in 8 playoff games, 5 goals 9 points. SDC in 3 playoff games, 1 G, 0 A and a game misconduct in the decisive game 3. I'll take my chances with Gus.

Unfortunately, I agree about the refs.
          i deleted it... i don't JUST wanna disagree.

Did anyone find out what the deal was with House getting butt ended Friday night out at UMass? That said... keep an eye out for Ross behind the play... another master of the butt end away from the play.

and if Maine IS losing, I hope Maine fans can enjoy watching Stollery... the closest thing to Chris Imes (and Chay Genoway) I have seen in a long time.
          AND DaCosta... close to Teddy Purcell, in my opinion... just without a Leveille to feed him.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
            and if Maine IS losing, I hope Maine fans can enjoy watching Stollery... the closest thing to Chris Imes (and Chay Genoway) I have seen in a long time.
            AND DaCosta... close to Teddy Purcell, in my opinion... just without a Leveille to feed him.
            Stollery is a stellar all-rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowItAll View Post
              right... and Orono sits right next to Veazie, a town with
              -- an unacredited HS (yes, unacredited, meaning you cannot go to college with a diploma from there),
              --more third generation, unemployed , NON ENGLISH Speakers than any town in the state
              --a crook of a mayor, who also does not speak English, who collects 2 state paychecks...
              --is the reason that car insurance rates are so high in Orono(because you are almost garunteed to get your car stolen at least once if you park in Veazie)
              --is a complete welfare suck on the rest of the state and supplies NOTHING
              and...I can go on... but then I realize that I am not thinking of Orono-Veazie, I am thinking of Andover/North Andover and their border town
              Hey, leave Boxford, MA alone.

Also, if you google Veazie, ME, "Trailer Park Road" is pretty clearly indicated in the little preview map.

Comment

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
                Hey, leave Boxford, MA alone.

Also, if you google Veazie, ME, "Trailer Park Road" is pretty clearly indicated in the little preview map.
                Veazie is a nice town, I would guess you are a little off there.

I thought their kids could pick any hs, which is why many go to Hampden Academy, John Bapst etc.

If MC loses this series to Maine I will never post here again. Ever....

See you in the Garden
                Last edited by Hokydad; 03-10-2011, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post

See you in the Garden
                  Sounds like a win-win!

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                    Go Black Bears!!!!

Alas... he'll probably just change his handle.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                      Go Black Bears!!!!

Alas... he'll probably just change his handle.
                      he probably means that he'll never post to this specific thread..
                      Curse of the Timmy

Comment

So, anyway here is the average of all the HE pickers picks for this weekend. According to them, BC is a slamdunk over UMA. UNH likewise over UVM but a little closer. BU is coming in a slight favorite over NU but close. And Maine seems to be picked over MC unless it goes 3 games, where MC is favored to win the series. So, first game at MC looks to be very important. Now you all can joke about how those decimal goals will be scored.

UMA 1.6 BC 4
                        UMA 1.6 BC 3.9
                        UMA 1.7 BC 4.3

UVM 1.8 UNH 3.2
                        UVM 1.7 UNH 3.6
                        UVM 1.7 UNH 3.4

NU 2.9 BU 3.3
                        NU 2.6 BU 3.3
                        NU 3.0 BU 3.3

ME 3.4 MC 3.4
                        ME 3.0 MC 2.7
                        ME 2.8 MC 3.1
                        Last edited by acs64; 03-10-2011, 06:08 PM.
                        I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                          So, anyway here is the average of all the HE pickers picks for this weekend. According to them, BC is a slamdunk over UMA. UNH likewise over UVM but a little closer. BU is coming in a slight favorite over NU but close. And Maine seems to be picked over MC unless it goes 3 games, where MC is favored to win the series. So, first game at MC looks to be very important. Now you all can joke about how those decimal goals will be scored.

UMA 1.6 BC 4
                          UMA 1.6 BC 3.9
                          UMA 1.7 BC 4.3

UVM 1.8 UNH 3.2
                          UVM 1.7 UNH 3.6
                          UVM 1.7 UNH 3.4

NU 2.9 BU 3.3
                          NU 2.6 BU 3.3
                          NU 3.0 BU 3.3

ME 3.4 MC 3.4
                          ME 3.0 MC 2.7
                          ME 2.8 MC 3.1
                          Why do you say maine is favored according to this? Looks like 1-1-1 to me, including the totals even being exactly the same. Should be a great series. Does jeff the flag guy still travel with the band??
                          As everyone knows... there was a crisis, as Justin (MCHOCKEY) went AWOL 4 minutes into the first game... and thankfully he wandered his way to the meet and greet in one piece... listening to Mike (Warrior51) tell this story was *** hilarious...

-Redman after the first night of the HE Tournament(2004).

Comment

I'm taking my parents down to tonight's game - their first-ever Maine road game!

Comment

I wonder how many Mainers will be in attendance tonight? Should be a great atmosphere. Hope Maine's D shows up
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                I wonder how many Mainers will be in attendance tonight? Should be a great atmosphere. Hope Maine's D shows up
                                I am also curious; Maine typically travels well when they play at UNH. I've often wondered how many were fans making the trek from Orono, and how many were 'transplants' taking the opportunity to see their team without driving for days and days up I-95.

Hotels are just too expensive nowadays when you're trying to travel on a UNH Salary . . .
                                I haven't been on here in a year...
                                Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Working...
                                X