Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: #5 Maine vs #4Merrimack HEA quarterfinals

Originally posted by Jacques "Rabbit" Poriveau View Post
    Furste I gots nutting against Merrimacks. Mais dey overrated. If one a da Big 4 finsih forf wit turty five pointe moste people be saying yeah big deal ou even oof not greate year pour dem, eh. Mais because it Merrimacks et it a new ting people tend to get more excited et ovurrate it. I not saying dey bad, juste overrated. Specially cuz one da teams dey all excited bout beating is even more overrated den dey are, UNHs.

Mais I is saying dat Merrimacks OOC schedule is a joke. What, was d’Home Pour Leetle Wandereurs Pee Wee Selects busy dis year?
    all i gud du sey is dat yur is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
      all i gud du sey is dat yur is a joke.
      Yes, he is a joke. That's the point.

Oh wait, you weren't taking him seriously, were you?

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
        SDC looked ok to me on friday....3pts
        He's already back? Shows how much attention I'm paying this year.

Still, apples and oranges. PC was already eliminated.
        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Au contraire mes amies I dead to rites serieux. Like I saying I like zee Merrimacks mais when it coming to zat OOC schedule I tinking der too much Cheese wif dat Mac eh HONH HONH HONH zut alors me!

Comment

Merrimack's schedule is 45 out of 58 nationally, anybody who looks at the PWR knows that. If you throw out the record against BU, BC and UNH then you gotta ask, how'd Mack do against Lowell and PC? Whats worse failing against the top 3 or losing to those dogs? Logic swings two ways.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
              He's already back? Shows how much attention I'm paying this year.

Still, apples and oranges. PC was already eliminated.
              PC makes the playoffs if Maine beats UMass Saturday, they weren't eliminated until the conclusion of that game

Comment

Little known fact: Merrimack is the most penalized team in the nation. Maine's power play is at 23 percent the last ten games. If Maine's skilled guys show up, thats a possible gamebreaker.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
                  PC makes the playoffs if Maine beats UMass Saturday, they weren't eliminated until the conclusion of that game
                  I refer you to the first line in my post.
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Maine is experienced in the post season, their goaltending has been better of late, their top 6 are more skilled. The depth is the only issue I see for Maine in this series. I don't like the way Merrimack slumped into the post season. Really sends a bad message with the way they played lately. Maine in 2.

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                      Little known fact: Merrimack is the most penalized team in the nation. Maine's power play is at 23 percent the last ten games. If Maine's skilled guys show up, thats a possible gamebreaker.
                      Little known fact: Maine is the second most penalized team in HE league play. For the season, MC's powerplay % is 20.8% vs 17.6% for ME. I guess MC must not have any skilled players (Cucci with a league-leading 9 powerplay goals, and 3 others with 5 or more; Dimman leads ME with 4). If MC's powerplay guys show up, that could be a game changer.
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

so maine beat the tar out of merrimack at their place and merrimack beat the tar out of maine at their place. these games are at mack's place. if the game at Lawler was in feb and the two losses were in january would people be thinking different?

Comment

Not sure I'm sold on Merrimack once they leave Lawler for the Garden (especially if they draw BC in the semis)... but I'm taking the team with the good goalie, good coach, and home ice in this series. These 3 things are... ya know... kinda important in the QFs.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                            Not sure I'm sold on Merrimack once they leave Lawler for the Garden (especially if they draw BC in the semis)... but I'm taking the team with the good goalie, good coach, and home ice in this series.
                            Couldn't agree with you more. I don't know a single Merrimack fan that wants to draw BC at the Garden. I'm hoping NU knocks off BU.

Comment

Ah the bs she thick here. Listen...itz playoff hawkey. Throw all the useless garbage youve collected about who beat who when and by how much and who wuz coaching and wot they ate for lunch that day and how much curve is in their blades and who hits hard and who takes cheap shots and who blowz who. Its all USELESS ...it will, as it alwayz is, determined by the playrz on the ice.....thats it and thats all and so it is written and so it shall be for all of eternity. But continue carrying on this useless banter of why X will beat Y and yaddah, yaddah bs.
                              Last edited by acs64; 03-08-2011, 12:13 PM.
                              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
                                Couldn't agree with you more. I don't know a single Merrimack fan that wants to draw BC at the Garden. I'm hoping NU knocks off BU.
                                I know one Maine fan who would loooooooooooooove to have Maine meet BC in the Gahdin though.
                                Last edited by acs64; 03-08-2011, 12:14 PM.
                                I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Working...
                                X