UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Well, I would happily throw him (the trash would be first choice, the harbor the second) but I still wouldn't trust him
    The guy is an enemy of UMass-Lowell hockey and should not be involved.

Comment

Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by UML View Post
      The guy is an enemy of UMass-Lowell hockey and should not be involved.
      I don't like it either but I'm sure Marty knows what he's doing.

What's that saying? "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer"

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        I don't like it either but I'm sure Marty knows what he's doing.

What's that saying? "Keep your friends close, but keep your enemies closer"
        He may know what he is doing but I don't respect what ever it is.

Comment

Stephen Tocco's Master Plan:

Step 1: Have UML hire Tim Army
          Step 2: Watch Lowell sink further to a yearly "Providence level"
          Step 3: Try to disband Lowell hockey just one more time

Seriously though.. How can this guy possibly be involved in this process? E-mails and letters need to be written. There's no way Tocco should be anywhere near UML hockey after the stunts he's tried to pull not once, but twice!! Argh!!!

The rest of the committee is mediocre at best. Bruce Crowder? Really? Where did they drag him in from?
          UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
            Stephen Tocco's Master Plan:

Step 1: Have UML hire Tim Army
            Step 2: Watch Lowell sink further to a yearly "Providence level"
            Step 3: Try to disband Lowell hockey just one more time

Seriously though.. How can this guy possibly be involved in this process? E-mails and letters need to be written. There's no way Tocco should be anywhere near UML hockey after the stunts he's tried to pull not once, but twice!! Argh!!!

The rest of the committee is mediocre at best. Bruce Crowder? Really? Where did they drag him in from?
            Crowder succeeded at Lowell ... he knows what it once took to get that program to be good. I don't mind that one at all.
            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Soup signs an ATO with the Houston Aeros of the AHL.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                Crowder succeeded at Lowell ... he knows what it once took to get that program to be good. I don't mind that one at all.
                Other than Tocco, I have no problem with this list... 10 years down the line I wouldn't mind if Blaise were on the committee (were it to happen)... i think Tocco is there because of the purse-strings element... and remember that at the end of the day Meehan's power is based on future electoral possibilities... Tocco still runs the system (IIRC).
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UML Baseball wins game 1 of their DH today 10-3 (all three runs unearned). They are now 10-1, with 10 straight wins, the longest streak since 2006.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

wait, this thread didn't get started until March 6th?

Comment

UML Baseball wins game 1 of their DH today 10-3 (all three runs unearned). They are now 10-1, with 10 straight wins, the longest streak since 2006.
                      Make that 11 in a row Monty. The Hawks beat Philadelphia 9-1 in game 2.

Comment

Here's the job posting.

A few caveats: Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
                        A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
                        5 to 7 years successful experience in hockey coaching, recruiting and administration in a college, university or professional setting

The way the thing is written, I am qualified to be the next coach, but they don't mention salary so I don't know that I want it. Plus, it'd be a hell of a commute.

Comment

From today's Sun: Who's next for River Hawks?

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                            Here's the job posting.

A few caveats: Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
                            A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
                            5 to 7 years successful experience in hockey coaching, recruiting and administration in a college, university or professional setting

The way the thing is written, I am qualified to be the next coach, but they don't mention salary so I don't know that I want it. Plus, it'd be a hell of a commute.
                            Apparently you can apply online as well....

Though to be honest, I'd hate to see us lose out of an opportunity for a head coach because he didn't put in the right word into the system for the database query to find. Might as well add in a few Microsoft Certs just in case.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

UML swept their doubleheader today by a combined 26-4, and is now 9-1 on the season.

Also, UML announced their search committee today for the head coaching position. It will include:

Casey is the chairman of the committee.
                              Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but Casey and Mike Cavanaugh, associate head hockey coach at BC, were college football teammates. Cavanaugh is the son of a coach, grew up in the Merrimack Valley area, and in my opinion is an underrated college hockey coach. He should be on both PC and UML's short list.

Comment

http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospect....htm?dpid=9838 I found this on the nhl website. It is the midterm report for central scouting. This is for the goalie coming in 2012 to UML.

Comment

Working...
                                X