PDA

View Full Version : UML Offseason Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

pressbox
03-15-2011, 08:49 AM
Soup signs an ATO with the Houston Aeros of the AHL.

Patman
03-15-2011, 11:32 AM
Crowder succeeded at Lowell ... he knows what it once took to get that program to be good. I don't mind that one at all.

Other than Tocco, I have no problem with this list... 10 years down the line I wouldn't mind if Blaise were on the committee (were it to happen)... i think Tocco is there because of the purse-strings element... and remember that at the end of the day Meehan's power is based on future electoral possibilities... Tocco still runs the system (IIRC).

UMLFan
03-15-2011, 02:03 PM
UML Baseball wins game 1 of their DH today 10-3 (all three runs unearned). They are now 10-1, with 10 straight wins, the longest streak since 2006.

Ogilthorpe
03-15-2011, 06:00 PM
wait, this thread didn't get started until March 6th?

boblav1
03-15-2011, 06:30 PM
UML Baseball wins game 1 of their DH today 10-3 (all three runs unearned). They are now 10-1, with 10 straight wins, the longest streak since 2006.
Make that 11 in a row Monty. The Hawks beat Philadelphia 9-1 in game 2.

Priceless
03-16-2011, 09:14 AM
Here's the job posting (http://www.newenglandherc.org/c/job.cfm?site_id=660&job=7758384).

A few caveats: Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
5 to 7 years successful experience in hockey coaching, recruiting and administration in a college, university or professional setting

The way the thing is written, I am qualified to be the next coach, but they don't mention salary so I don't know that I want it. Plus, it'd be a hell of a commute.

boblav1
03-16-2011, 09:57 AM
From today's Sun: Who's next for River Hawks? (http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17624925)

Patman
03-16-2011, 10:23 AM
Here's the job posting (http://www.newenglandherc.org/c/job.cfm?site_id=660&job=7758384).

A few caveats: Ability to work evenings and weekends as necessary.
A job offer for this position is contingent upon a satisfactory response to a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) check and review.
5 to 7 years successful experience in hockey coaching, recruiting and administration in a college, university or professional setting

The way the thing is written, I am qualified to be the next coach, but they don't mention salary so I don't know that I want it. Plus, it'd be a hell of a commute.

Apparently you can apply online as well....

Though to be honest, I'd hate to see us lose out of an opportunity for a head coach because he didn't put in the right word into the system for the database query to find. Might as well add in a few Microsoft Certs just in case. ;) :p :cool:

Kenny
03-16-2011, 11:50 AM
UML swept their doubleheader today by a combined 26-4, and is now 9-1 on the season.

Also, UML announced their search committee today for the head coaching position (http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/031411aaa.html). It will include:

Casey is the chairman of the committee.

Not sure if this has been mentioned earlier in this thread, but Casey and Mike Cavanaugh, associate head hockey coach at BC, were college football teammates. Cavanaugh is the son of a coach, grew up in the Merrimack Valley area, and in my opinion is an underrated college hockey coach. He should be on both PC and UML's short list.

bigeasy29
03-16-2011, 11:25 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/draftprospectdetail.htm?dpid=9838 I found this on the nhl website. It is the midterm report for central scouting. This is for the goalie coming in 2012 to UML.

Patman
03-17-2011, 10:36 PM
alright, stupid question... when do teams stop practicing... RPI being done for a few weeks now but looking at the possibility of an NCAA bid makes me wonder when teams are actually obligated to stop... I would think any coach (provided the team has one) would like teams practicing at some level as long as possible... I mean look at the talk about the gains during the bowl period for football teams... does anybody around here know?

umassfan49
03-18-2011, 12:46 AM
alright, stupid question... when do teams stop practicing... RPI being done for a few weeks now but looking at the possibility of an NCAA bid makes me wonder when teams are actually obligated to stop... I would think any coach (provided the team has one) would like teams practicing at some level as long as possible... I mean look at the talk about the gains during the bowl period for football teams... does anybody around here know?

usually when a team is done (no way to get in the tournament) they stop their usual practice schedule. this week being spring break for a lot of schools, a lot of guys have gone home for the week or gone away somewhere. not sure how teams like rpi do things. i remember last year UNH was on the bubble and lost in the first-round but Umile said we will practice like we are going to be in it, until the announcement was made that they made the tournament. not sure how rigorous the actual practices are for teams that may or may not have a real chance at the tourney.

leswp1
03-18-2011, 06:13 AM
They practice until they absolutely know they aren't in it. Full out like any other week in the season. Any time off other than what is usual in the season and you lose the edge physically but more important you mess up the 'rhythm' of the team. Once they are out they stop having ice. Most teams have an off ice regimen that goes into place right after they are done. That might be with the team in an unofficial way or not but certainly everyone knows what to do.

UMLGoon
03-18-2011, 07:34 AM
They practice until they absolutely know they aren't in it.so you're saying lowell stopped practicing in november?

leswp1
03-18-2011, 08:15 PM
so you're saying lowell stopped practicing in november?That explains a lot. :p

Patman
03-18-2011, 08:56 PM
They practice until they absolutely know they aren't in it. Full out like any other week in the season. Any time off other than what is usual in the season and you lose the edge physically but more important you mess up the 'rhythm' of the team. Once they are out they stop having ice. Most teams have an off ice regimen that goes into place right after they are done. That might be with the team in an unofficial way or not but certainly everyone knows what to do.

I was just wondering because I could assume you could play dumb though its harder if your RPI is well below .5000. I'm not trying to tempt fate, but if you can squeeze out an opportunity to make your team better...

UMLFan
03-18-2011, 10:03 PM
So Merrimack is in the HE Final. Yeah, just makes Lowell's waste of last year look even worse.

John_Fuller
03-18-2011, 10:16 PM
So Merrimack is in the HE Final. Yeah, just makes Lowell's waste of last year look even worse.

Imagine if Merrimack actually takes the banner. :eek:

boblav1
03-19-2011, 08:36 AM
It must be nice to head into the HE playoffs with a NCAA bid all ready locked up.

John_Fuller
03-19-2011, 09:15 AM
It must be nice to head into the HE playoffs with a NCAA bid all ready locked up.

Touche, Bob, Touche.