UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Offseason Begins

Well we were supposed to hear by the end of the week, so we should hear something today. I'm also hearing this is a done deal.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
      Still can't find anything in the local press, but that's not really surprising.
      The Lowell Sun is reporting that he is gone!
      http://www.lowellsun.com/breakingnews/ci_17592609
      Umass Lowell Riverhawks

Comment

Bazin, MacTavish, Cavanaugh ... who would people like? Or anyone else that might throw their name in the hat?
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Here are a couple guys that come to mind...
          Mark Carlson Head Coach at Ceadar Rapids in the USHL former UML assistant
          Buddy Powers Assistant @ BU former Head Coach @ Bowling Green
          Red Gendron Assistant @ UMass... framilar with the UMass system
          RJ Tolan Head Coach Wentworth, former UML player. 636 winning % in D3
          Mark Taylor Head Coach Hobart, former UML assistant
          Norm Bazin (already mentioned)

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by hockey247 View Post
            RJ Tolan Head Coach Wentworth, former UML player. 636 winning % in D3
            Good to see he's doing well... I remember listening to that game where he took that puck to the throat... way back in game #2 of the Blaise MacDonald era.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Heading over to Waltham in a few, gonna grab a bite to eat beforehand somewhere. Hope to see some fellow hockey fans there, if not Bob Ellis has the call on 91.5 tonight.

Go Lowell!
              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Tough loss for basketball this weekend, but man that's a young team that exceeded expectations this year. The expectations will be higher next year.

UML Baseball in the meantime is off to an impressive 7-1 start (having won 7 in a row). In their 8 games, they've given up only 8 runs and the staff has a 0.67 ERA which is astounding. They have 7 more games left on their Florida trip (3-0 so far), including doubleheaders today and tomorrow.
                Monty

Comment

UML swept their doubleheader today by a combined 26-4, and is now 9-1 on the season.

Also, UML announced their search committee today for the head coaching position. It will include:
                  Peter Casey, Executive Director for Business Enterprises
                  Steve O'Riordan, Associate Vice Chancellor, Financial Services
                  Jeff Daw `96, Hockey Alumnus
                  Bruce Crowder, Former UMass Lowell Hockey Coach (1991-96)
                  Bill Riley, Hockey Ambassador, Former Hockey Coach (1969-91)
                  Kristi Stake, Director of NCAA Compliance
                  Shannon Hlebichuk `98, Head Field Hockey Coach/Assistant Athletic Director
                  Eric Allen, Assistant Athletic Director for External Affairs
                  Ed Chiu, Vice Chancellor for Advancement
                  Steve Tocco, UMass Board of Trustees
                  Mike Kuenzler, Business Leader & Benefactor
                  Casey is the chairman of the committee.
                  Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    UML swept their doubleheader today by a combined 26-4, and is now 9-1 on the season.

Also, UML announced their search committee today for the head coaching position. It will include:

Casey is the chairman of the committee.
                    Ok, refresh me if I am wrong but Taco-man was the guy who tried to kill our program in order to push his agenda at Amherst and destroyed our recruiting for a few yrs. What in hell is he doing on there???!!! Why do we have him polluting anything we have to do with hockey This makes me so mad I am seeing red. Everyone else belongs there but I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. I doubt I could pick him up. That is just insulting.
                    Last edited by leswp1; 03-14-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Ok, refresh me if I am wrong but Taco-man was the guy who tried to kill our program in order to push his agenda at Amherst and destroyed our recruiting for a few yrs. What in hell is he doing on there???!!! Why do we have him polluting anything we have to do with hockey This makes me so mad I am seeing red. Everyone else belongs there but I wouldn't trust that guy as far as I could throw him. I doubt I could pick him up. That is just insulting.
                      I'm in agreement with you on this one completely.
                      Monty

Comment

Why Marty would allow him to be on this committee after everything in the past is unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
                          Why Marty would allow him to be on this committee after everything in the past is unbelievable.
                          Unless he had no choice?
                          Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                          Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                          "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                          KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                            Unless he had no choice?
                            Here's a thought... Maybe Lowell is looking to open the checkbook.... I think you'd need Slimeball to be on the committee. I'm not sure how he'll make the meetings though... I thought people like him can't go out in the daylight.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Maybe two of us could throw him.

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                                Maybe two of us could throw him.
                                Well, I would happily throw him (the trash would be first choice, the harbor the second) but I still wouldn't trust him

Comment

Working...
                                X