PDA

View Full Version : UML Offseason Begins

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35

Hokydad
09-07-2011, 09:13 AM
Warrior Rink Rat has started their pre-season predictions and has UML #9 (http://www.warriorrinkrat.com/2011/08/2011-hockey-east-preview-9-umass-lowell.html).

It is so generic and bad it is hard to read. Literaly goes off stats etc, zero real insight or feel for the actual players and teams.

ChiefWahoo
09-07-2011, 09:22 AM
It is so generic and bad it is hard to read. Literaly goes off stats etc, zero real insight or feel for the actual players and teams.

Where is the link to your blog?

Hokydad
09-07-2011, 09:56 AM
Where is the link to your blog?

Just being honest with you... It is one thing to extract info based upon stats and what you see on paper vs real insight etc.

If you are going to be a journalist and write stuff like that you have to have thick skin to put up with feedback from know it alls, like you know who

UMLFan
09-08-2011, 10:07 AM
Preseason game is 30 days from today.

boblav1
09-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Don't forget to show your support for the UAH hockey program. If you haven't all ready, please take a minute to sign the petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/uah-charger-hockey-should-soldier-on-and-thrive

goUMLgoBC
09-08-2011, 06:12 PM
Preseason game is 30 days from today.

Don't remember from the past couple seasons. Do they audio stream the exhibition on WUML?

leswp1
09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Don't forget to show your support for the UAH hockey program. If you haven't all ready, please take a minute to sign the petition.
http://www.change.org/petitions/uah-charger-hockey-should-soldier-on-and-thriveDone already

jrobes01
09-09-2011, 03:49 AM
Don't remember from the past couple seasons. Do they audio stream the exhibition on WUML?

I'm somewhat certain that they do.. Also, exhibition game is still listed as being at Tsongas. Wondering if the arena will be ready by then.

goUMLgoBC
09-09-2011, 08:41 AM
I'm somewhat certain that they do.. Also, exhibition game is still listed as being at Tsongas. Wondering if the arena will be ready by then.

Awesome. Looking forward to listening to the games this season.

Was also wondering about how they were doing on the construction at the Tsongas. Hasn't been anything posted since the article in early July about the progress. The exhibition on the 8th is listed as being at the Tsongas but their next home game on the 18th is still listed as being at the Conway Arena. Hopefully everything is coming along well.

pressbox
09-09-2011, 10:09 PM
Awesome. Looking forward to listening to the games this season.

Was also wondering about how they were doing on the construction at the Tsongas. Hasn't been anything posted since the article in early July about the progress. The exhibition on the 8th is listed as being at the Tsongas but their next home game on the 18th is still listed as being at the Conway Arena. Hopefully everything is coming along well.

It is my understanding that everything will be ready in time. They actually finished the construction early. Ice will be going in shortly if it hasn't already. I have not been there in quite some time so I still need to talk with those involved. You would have to ask the hockey gurus why the game on the 18th is at Conway arena. It has nothing to do with the rink being ready as there is a concert scheduled on the 15th.

Patman
09-09-2011, 10:22 PM

As long as they're able to find a stable phone line... sadly, i think they use nothing but unstable phone lines :p

leswp1
09-10-2011, 06:32 AM
It is my understanding that everything will be ready in time. They actually finished the construction early. Ice will be going in shortly if it hasn't already. I have not been there in quite some time so I still need to talk with those involved. You would have to ask the hockey gurus why the game on the 18th is at Conway arena. It has nothing to do with the rink being ready as there is a concert scheduled on the 15th.Because they are embarrased to be playing UConn and know the Tsongas would be a ghost town? Seriously- the Conway is nice for youth hockey- Lil played there- but there is not enough parking for a crowd, the stands are small, the facilities are clean but small for a crowd. Only 1/3 the rink is available for viewing- the rest is the benches and a little area on the ends. I imagine it is rough for a big HS game. I must be getting old but I am seriously considering bagging that one. The thought of having to creatively park, try to get out of the parking after and in all likelihood have a hastle to find a seat that I can see is turning me off. At least the Tully has parking.

UMLFan
09-10-2011, 09:57 AM
Because they are embarrased to be playing UConn and know the Tsongas would be a ghost town? Seriously- the Conway is nice for youth hockey- Lil played there- but there is not enough parking for a crowd, the stands are small, the facilities are clean but small for a crowd. Only 1/3 the rink is available for viewing- the other half is the benches and a little area on the ends. I imagine it is rough for a big HS game. I must be getting old but I am seriously considering bagging that one. The thought of having to creatively park, try to get out of the parking after and in all likelihood have a hastle to find a seat that I can see is turning me off. At least the Tully has parking.Personally, I love the choice of playing at Conway! :D

leswp1
09-10-2011, 10:08 AM
Personally, I love the choice of playing at Conway! :DYou can walk there?

UMLFan
09-10-2011, 12:11 PM
You can walk there?
Pretty much.

Probably going to have some of the regulars come by and have a couple of drinks if anyone is interested.

Patman
09-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Because they are embarrased to be playing UConn and know the Tsongas would be a ghost town?

If that's the real reason then that's pretty sad.

Pretty much.

Probably going to have some of the regulars come by and have a couple of drinks if anyone is interested.

on the other hand, that sounds pretty fun :p

UMLFan
09-11-2011, 06:47 PM
UML Men's Basketball (http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091011aaa.html) ranked #10 Nationally in the preseason poll.

Patman
09-11-2011, 07:25 PM
UML Men's Basketball (http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/091011aaa.html) ranked #10 Nationally in the preseason poll.

i keep waiting for the day that one of our teams plays in or near DC... I know DII is a regional sport but throw me a bone already :p

leswp1
09-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Lil has a thing on farming on TV. Some guy driving a columbine thru a field. Made me think about bb_dl

gochiefs
09-12-2011, 12:53 PM
Because they are embarrassed to be playing UConn and know the Tsongas would be a ghost town?

In years past they have played Bentley and Huntsville and the Tsongas was not very full. They should be playing the UConn game at the Tsongas.