Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
    If you're talking about the weekend of November 11/12 when VT has UNH at home for one, that won't work. Lowell is at Maine for 2 games that weekend.

My guess would be Saturday 1/7 or Sunday 1/8. Lowell has the exhibition game on Thursday the 5th but nothing else over the weekend. Vermont's schedule is open.
    I was talking about a weekend where UML is playing UNH. I seem to remember either that Saturday or Sunday, Vermont is free. Your guess is probably as good as mine, though.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
      I was talking about a weekend where UML is playing UNH. I seem to remember either that Saturday or Sunday, Vermont is free. Your guess is probably as good as mine, though.
      That won't work. Lowell plays UNH on 11/18, and then UMass on 11/19. Lowell also has a home-and-home with UNH on 12/2-12/3.

The weekend of 10/21-23 is open, as Lowell opens with UConn on Tue 10/18, and doesn't play again until 10/28 vs. BC.
      Sunday 11/27 is also possible, as is the weekend of 1/7-1/8 and also 1/13-1/15.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        That won't work. Lowell plays UNH on 11/18, and then UMass on 11/19. Lowell also has a home-and-home with UNH on 12/2-12/3.

The weekend of 10/21-23 is open, as Lowell opens with UConn on Tue 10/18, and doesn't play again until 10/28 vs. BC.
        Maybe 11/27 is what I meant. I can't remember who UVM has at that time. I think Alabama for one day, but don't remember the 26th. Maybe I was saying UNH because they also play Alabama that weekend.

One thing I've noticed is that teams don't necessarily put 3 games in a week very close, and maybe a maximum of 5 games per 2 weeks.
        Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 06-21-2011, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Maybe 11/27 is what I meant. I can't remember who UVM has at that time. I think Alabama for one day, but don't remember the 26th. Maybe I was saying UNH because they also play Alabama that weekend.

One thing I've noticed is that teams don't necessarily put 3 games in a week very close, and maybe a maximum of 5 games per 2 weeks.
          Vermont can't be playing UAH that weekend, Lowell and UNH already are.

I was told yesterday that the complete schedule will likely be released next week.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

I was told yesterday that the complete schedule will likely be released next week.
            I know they aren't playing UAH, but they could be playing someone else at that time.

Comment

this all makes my head hurt. too much logic and problem solving here.

Comment

Next week?!!?! That's like a week from now!!!!
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

10/22 - There is a cheerleading competition on this day so I would suspect that 10/21 would also not be available. Possible date 10/23.
                  1/7/12 and 1/8/12 are booked with a figure skating competition.

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                    10/22 - There is a cheerleading competition on this day so I would suspect that 10/21 would also not be available. Possible date 10/23.
                    1/7/12 and 1/8/12 are booked with a figure skating competition.
                    Both of the games we're trying to place are AWAY games but thanks.

Lowell will not be playing VT the weekend of 10/21-10/23 since VT plays two at Minnesota. BC also has two games scheduled that weekend so it seems Lowell will be off that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      this all makes my head hurt. too much logic and problem solving here.
                      Would you prefer math? And I realize this talk teeters on the border of math...

Two games remain: Boston College and Vermont. BC you could probably do a home/home on October 29th (you play them on the 28th). UVM: Looks like either 11/27, or either 1/6 or 1/7. I'm leaning towards the latter because UVM has a Tuesday game prior to Thanksgiving. Not to mention, I haven't done the analysis on what UVM needs. They still have another NC game to fill.

Comment

Would you prefer math? And I realize this talk teeters on the border of math...

Two games remain: Boston College and Vermont. BC you could probably do a home/home on October 29th (you play them on the 28th). UVM: Looks like either 11/27, or either 1/6 or 1/7. I'm leaning towards the latter because UVM has a Tuesday game prior to Thanksgiving. Not to mention, I haven't done the analysis on what UVM needs. They still have another NC game to fill.
                        It's not going to be 1/6, as Lowell is playing an exhibition game against the Russian Red Stars on 1/5. The league doesn't have teams play solo games at Vermont or at Maine when they play a game the night before. If they play that weekend it'll be either the Saturday or the Sunday.

Comment

RPI blog Without a Peer's preview of UML http://www.withoutapeer.com/2011/06/...ss-lowell.html.

I have no connection to WaP besides for as a reader.
                          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

From Costello to Causeway Street. A nice story on former UMass Lowell student athletic trainer Scott Waugh.

Comment

San Jose did not extend qualifying offers to both Hutton and Schaus, making both of them unrestricted free agents.

Comment

so where do you think they will end up?

Comment

Working...
                                X