Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
    I've been told that 2 of the NC games will be on a road trip against a team we have played in recent years (both at home and away), but can't divulge more than that.
    Any idea on when we might get the finalized schedule? It seems like Lowell is always last to announce..
    UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      From USHR: Former coach Blaise MacDonald to UMA??
      Well, that is interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
        From USHR: Former coach Blaise MacDonald to UMA??
        Ew.

Comment

Blaise could go to NU if he wants. They're looking for a new head coach... http://bostonherald.com/sports/colle...rts&position=4

Comment

Originally posted by John_Fuller View Post
            Pure speculation on my part, but we will most likely play @ Vermont or possibly a single NC game either to open the season before the Mankato trip, @ UVM on Sunday, 10/30, or @UVM on the Sunday after the exhibition game. The single game would almost have to be on a Sunday afternoon to be compliant with HE travel rules based on the current tentative schedule and there is not much room left on the schedule.

Thanksgiving weekend, the first two weekends of January, and the first weekend in February are the open weekends left. We can assume that UVM and the two non-conference games will be two of the four weekends taken. I believe (aka not sure) that the NCAA still requires an in-season bye for all teams for one weekend during the season which may be the weekend of the exhibition game if that is a Thursday.
            Thanksgiving weekend is booked for a Disney show (see Tsongas Center web site) and the first weekend in January is booked for a figure skating show (as they always are). That should help eliminate some of the possibilities.

Comment

Updated schedule with additional home games (in bold) from the Season Ticket brochure:

Sat - 10/8/11 vs. New Brunswick (location TBD)
              Fri - 10/14/11 @ MSU - Mankato
              Sat - 10/15/11 @ MSU - Mankato
              Tue - 10/18/11 vs. Connecticut
              Fri - 10/28/11 vs. BC
              Sat - 11/5/11 vs. BU
              Fri - 11/11/11 @ Maine
              Sat - 11/12/11 @ Maine
              Fri - 11/18/11 @ UNH
              Sat - 11/19/11 vs. UMA
              Fri - 11/25/11 vs. Alabama-Huntsville (4pm)
              Fri - 12/2/11 vs. UNH
              Sat - 12/3/11 @ UNH
              Fri - 12/9/11 vs. BC
              Sat - 12/10/11 @ Northeastern
              Thu - 12/29/11 vs. RPI @ UConn Classic
              Fri - 12/30/11 vs. UConn or Army @ UConn Classic
              Thu - 1/5/12 vs. Russian Red Stars (exhibition)
              Fri - 1/20/12 vs. Northeastern
              Sat - 1/21/12 @ Northeastern
              Tue - 1/24/12 @ PC
              Fri - 1/27/12 vs. UMA (Listed as Sat 1/28 on UML ticket brochure)
              Sat - 1/28/12 @ UMA
              Fri - 2/3/12 vs. Vermont
              Sat - 2/4/12 vs. Vermont

Fri - 2/10/12 vs. Merrimack
              Sat - 2/11/12 vs. Maine
              Fri - 2/17/12 vs. BU
              Sat - 2/18/12 @ BU
              Fri - 2/24/12 @ Merrimack
              Sat - 2/25/12 vs. Merrimack
              Fri - 3/2/12 @ PC
              Sat - 3/3/12 vs. PC
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

UConn and Huntsville...how uninspiring.. Oh well, with the season Lowell had last year at least they're possible wins. Odd to have opening night at the Tsongas be against UConn on a Tuesday night though.

I'm liking the TBD location against UNB. A return to the Tully would be awesome.

Comment

Hockey on my birthday again. Why was I born during hockey season? I may never get to go out to dinner.

Comment

So we're all out of nonconference games on the schedule? 27+6+1 non-exempt exhibition = 34
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      So we're all out of nonconference games on the schedule? 27+6+1 non-exempt exhibition = 34
                      Thank you for catching the non-exempt exhibition. I'm not able to update my spreadsheet from here; will do it tonight, unless someone beats me to it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                        I'm liking the TBD location against UNB. A return to the Tully would be awesome.
                        Lowell has also played an exhibition game at Conway Arena in Nashua.

I guess we're waiting on one game at BC and one game at Vermont to be announced. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                          Lowell has also played an exhibition game at Conway Arena in Nashua.

I guess we're waiting on one game at BC and one game at Vermont to be announced. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later.
                          The game with BC, if I had to predict, would probably be the 2nd Friday before the Beanpot. Vermont I'm not sure; I don't have the schedule in front of me.

Comment

There's also the option of playing BC on 10/29 to complete the home and home. Both teams have that date open.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryK View Post
                              There's also the option of playing BC on 10/29 to complete the home and home. Both teams have that date open.
                              OK. The toughie that I found was trying to predict where the Vermont game would be. I think there's a singleton with New Hampshire where it could work out...

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                OK. The toughie that I found was trying to predict where the Vermont game would be. I think there's a singleton with New Hampshire where it could work out...
                                If you're talking about the weekend of November 11/12 when VT has UNH at home for one, that won't work. Lowell is at Maine for 2 games that weekend.

My guess would be Saturday 1/7 or Sunday 1/8. Lowell has the exhibition game on Thursday the 5th but nothing else over the weekend. Vermont's schedule is open.

Comment

Working...
                                X