Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
    There have been rumblings that a former Lowell Grad who is now coaching D3 could be the frontrunner.
    Yeah, Norm Bazin's name has been tossed out there. So have a couple of former assistants. Kenny Rausch I guess is working with the USA Hockey, Chris McKenzie is up at Niagra with their women's team. Bazin is at Hamilton College. You also might be able to pry Shawn McEachern out of the prep school he's coaching at. They just need someone who can inspire the players and can recruit the hell out of young kids.

Comment

Just hope Lowell doesn't end Timmay1 or Timmay2 when PC and UMO unload them.
      Originally posted by Hokydad
      Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I'd like to think that they have someone in mind, but yeah, I'm sure there'll be some committee set up.
        Lets do it mate. I was a ULowell/UML guy (class of '94....Go Chiefs!) and you bleed River hawk hockey.

Votes for the Monty (HC) and Steven (AHC) ticket will be appreciated. Poll? lol
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Nice article on old friend Nick Schaus if it hasn't already been posted:

http://www.telegram.com/article/2011...MN35/103030863

Comment

Seems as if they have a new strategy as far as meeting with folks at the end of the yr and giving judgement. Either that or they did it before and no one knew. I know they do evaluate at the end of every contract. If they do decide to make a change they are well positioned to interview, look into things. If they do decide to change it gives both Blaise and the school time to get in good position to do something. The coach's convention isn't for a bit. I know they need to post. They need to interview at least a few unless there aren't any applicants (ha, fat chance).

Not really in the know but I couldn't see McEachern doing it. He has a family and they get a pretty sweet deal for their education where he is. He would never be able to make up the difference if he came here. Mac (MacKenzie) has family where he is and roots in that community. Both would be great tho. Normy would be way cool. He was great as far as alumni contacts and support when he was here. He is a quality guy.

We might be a cool gig but we still don't have a huge financial commitment to match the other schools. Zoo Mass has a budget how many times bigger? You can be an absolute whizz bang place but money does influence recruiting kids and coaches.

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
              We might be a cool gig but we still don't have a huge financial commitment to match the other schools.
              Excuse me, but I believe Blaise makes the money that I MAY only see when I reach 60. We'll find PLENTY of quality applicants.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                Excuse me, but I believe Blaise makes the money that I MAY only see when I reach 60. We'll find PLENTY of quality applicants.
                You ain't a DI hockey coach. He isn't close to the max offered. Just because you aren't in a career that pays ridiculous amounts of money doesn't mean that the money we offer will bring in elite candidates

Comment

You ain't a DI hockey coach. He isn't close to the max offered. Just because you aren't in a career that pays ridiculous amounts of money doesn't mean that the money we offer will bring in elite candidates
                  no, but we'll bring in people looking for a good solid job which may take them further... if that's what we are then that's what we are... we won't take away Michigan State's next coach... but if we can catch a rising star then we'll rise. Nobody is just going to sit there and say "I'm making X as an assistant, I think I'll pass."

edit: and considering how often hockey jobs don't turn over i think we'll find somebody.
                  BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                  Skating Friar Jersey
                  AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                  UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                  Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I don't know what head coaches at private Hockey East schools make. That information isn't publicly available and most schools don't really comment on it. That said, public institutions, including state universities, are required by law in most states to list the salaries of all employees. Let's compare..

Blaise MacDonald - $177,538.66 (2008)
                    http://www.bostonherald.com/projects.../UMS/macdonald

Don Cahoon (Amherst) - $216,987.37 (2008)
                    http://www.bostonherald.com/projects...ASC/UMS/cahoon

Dick Umile (UNH) - $382,299.85 (2009)
                    http://www.unionleader.com/uploads/m...NHsalaries.pdf

Tim Whitehead (Maine) - $224,480 (2008)
                    http://www.maineopengov.org/Payroll/...px?BRANCHID=11

Kevin Sneddon (Vermont) - $170,000 (2010)
                    Couldn't find a public employee record anywhere online..but found this.. It seems to be reliable..
                    http://www.unitedstaff.us/2010/04/21...dministration/
                    UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                      no, but we'll bring in people looking for a good solid job which may take them further... if that's what we are then that's what we are... we won't take away Michigan State's next coach... but if we can catch a rising star then we'll rise. Nobody is just going to sit there and say "I'm making X as an assistant, I think I'll pass."

edit: and considering how often hockey jobs don't turn over i think we'll find somebody.
                      This makes my point. Didn't say that the person wouldn't be good, just not an elite coach at the moment.

Comment

Seems as if they have a new strategy as far as meeting with folks at the end of the yr and giving judgement. Either that or they did it before and no one knew. I know they do evaluate at the end of every contract. If they do decide to make a change they are well positioned to interview, look into things. If they do decide to change it gives both Blaise and the school time to get in good position to do something. The coach's convention isn't for a bit. I know they need to post. They need to interview at least a few unless there aren't any applicants (ha, fat chance).

Not really in the know but I couldn't see McEachern doing it. He has a family and they get a pretty sweet deal for their education where he is. He would never be able to make up the difference if he came here. Mac (MacKenzie) has family where he is and roots in that community. Both would be great tho. Normy would be way cool. He was great as far as alumni contacts and support when he was here. He is a quality guy.

We might be a cool gig but we still don't have a huge financial commitment to match the other schools. Zoo Mass has a budget how many times bigger? You can be an absolute whizz bang place but money does influence recruiting kids and coaches.
                        Out of that group, no thanks to MacEachern. Yes to Bazin.
                        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Look for BC's Cavanaugh to throw hat in

Comment

Collegehockeynews.com is reporting the Blaise has been fired.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...nald_fired.php
                            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              Collegehockeynews.com is reporting the Blaise has been fired.

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...nald_fired.php

Comment

They have removed the article from their site.

From what I was just told, no decision has been made yet. CHN may have jumped the gun there.
                                Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                                "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Working...
                                X