Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
    Yes ... obviously I really want it to be closer to Friday.
    we all do... we all do...
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Surprised no one has posted this this morning ... Old-school Roloson has been a class act, Boston Globe.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Interesting to see that Merrimack recruit Brian Christie (2013) was picked as the #1 pick in the USHL draft. I know quite a few people that think MC is going to drop back to "where it belongs" but I don't think they have any plans on doing so. That's an impressive pickup for them. Also Justin Hussar (2012) was picked in the second round. Warriors have some talent coming.

Also, UVM getting a transfer from the Sioux for the 2012/2013 season.
        Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Interesting to see that Merrimack recruit Brian Christie (2013) was picked as the #1 pick in the USHL draft. I know quite a few people that think MC is going to drop back to "where it belongs" but I don't think they have any plans on doing so. That's an impressive pickup for them. Also Justin Hussar (2012) was picked in the second round. Warriors have some talent coming.
          It will be interesting to see how these two do in USHL next season. They did very well in the NAHL this past season.
          Last edited by boblav1; 05-19-2011, 10:40 AM.

Comment

First that's pretty well done by Hockey East to give every team a chance to play at Fenway. Second, this will be awesome!
            The Bangor Daily News had an article about this recently (http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...80%99s-hockey/), with quotes from Bertagna where he stated that he wanted this every other year. I trust McMahon's reporting more than Bertagna's quotes, but still, until it's announced when/if Lowell will ever play at Fenway, I won't get too excited.
            Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
            "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
              It will be interesting to see how these two do in USHL next season. They did very well in the NAHL this past season.
              And this is where I have the biggest regrets with the 09/10 season failure. There were recruits jumping on board (Wilson, Wallin, Conderman come to mind) and then things went downhill and the season ended in the first round of HE playoffs. The better Merrimack does, the tougher it will be for Coach Bazin to get this program back up and running (in regards to the pressure put on him as their main rival climbs).
              Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              The Bangor Daily News had an article about this recently (http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...80%99s-hockey/), with quotes from Bertagna where he stated that he wanted this every other year. I trust McMahon's reporting more than Bertagna's quotes, but still, until it's announced when/if Lowell will ever play at Fenway, I won't get too excited.
              I agree about not getting excited ... but man I can't help it.
              Monty

Comment

Merrimack is a solid program but without Dacosta and the other srs who left, they will pull back. JC will though keep them in the hunt for a top 6 as he is the clear cream of the crop in tending next year. USHL expansion drafts have been a bust and have zero to do will college success. Many recent number ones and high ups have been total busts. You will get lucky on occasion with a gem from 2nd or 3rd tier leagues but only on occasion. Lowell will do grteat with their facility and new hc

Look at PC, they hire a new coach and approve a 20 million dollar rink expansion same day. Lowell brings in a great new coach with big time recruiting connections and continue to add to a great facilty. MC put in blue seats. not slamming them but it is clear the school does not support at the level others do and the kids and coaches in the high end leagues notice that.

last years number one pick in USH< also by the Steel wasa complete flop. The number one pick in USHL year before eneded up in Alaska in NAHL

I saw this article today..

http://www.vipers.bc.ca/news.php?article=1051

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                  USHL expansion drafts have been a bust and have zero to do will college success. Many recent number ones and high ups have been total busts. You will get lucky on occasion with a gem from 2nd or 3rd tier leagues but only on occasion.
                  Just to clarify, I'm not talking about the expansion drafts, I'm talking the annual USHL Entry Draft. You may very well be right about the rest though.
                  Monty

Comment

Any word on Assistant Coaches?

Comment

A friend of mine passed me this link, and I'd like to say how proud I am that Roli was one of ours. And what a great guy he is.
                      Monty

Comment

Lowell lost their game against Franklin Pierce today 4-3 and so will play Dowling in the losers bracket tomorrow. The Hawks were down 2-0 going into the 7th, and scored three runs the next two innings and wound up with a 3-2 lead going into the bottom of the 9th, where they unfortunately blew the game.
                        Monty

Comment

Lowell lost their game against Franklin Pierce today 4-3 and so will play Dowling in the losers bracket tomorrow. The Hawks were down 2-0 going into the 7th, and scored three runs the next two innings and wound up with a 3-2 lead going into the bottom of the 9th, where they unfortunately blew the game.
                          not catching any breaks here at the end, huh?
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

The quote of the day is: " The old UMass Lowell player has been pretty good!" From tonight's game about Roloson's play in net.
                            Last edited by bigeasy29; 05-19-2011, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Tough loss for Roloson today, he played fantastic and had no chance on either goal. But I'm happy for the Bs. 6 left...
                              Monty

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                                not catching any breaks here at the end, huh?
                                Garrett Cole just pitched a complete game helping Lowell win 3-1 over Dowling, ending Dowling's season. Lowell now has to wait to see who they play tomorrow.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X