Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
    I'll give Mazz credit as he laughed when I said does Tufts even have a Hockey team? His reply? I don't know?
    Yes, my cousin's husband was a 3rd stringer for them a decade ago.... neither here nor there but I thought I'd mention it
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
      Yes, my cousin's husband was a 3rd stringer for them a decade ago.... neither here nor there but I thought I'd mention it
      I realize you are all being sarcastic, but Tufts plays in one of the best conferences in D3, the NESCAC. I've been to games at Plattsburgh (not NESCAC), Middlebury and Norwich. All three have great atmospheres and at times over the past decade have had teams that I believe could give some of the bottom tier teams in the AHA a run for their money, if not beat them.

Comment

UML baseball won their first round NE10 playoff game 1-0 ... and it took them 15 innings to do it. They'll now play in the double elimination tournament, starting Friday at 3pm against SCSU.
        Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
        2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
        2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
        2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Didn't take Leaman long to start at PC, as he picked up a very good (and young dman) from Shattuck, as well as a forward from the USHL.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Happy Birthday UMLfan!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              UML baseball won their first round NE10 playoff game 1-0 ... and it took them 15 innings to do it. They'll now play in the double elimination tournament, starting Friday at 3pm against SCSU.
              Tough to have to play Southern CT again after the two close games at the end of the season. Hopefully they learned something from that series and can turn it into a win this afternoon. Will be interested to follow the pitching on both teams because both rotations are top-notch.

Much less pressure when you start a double elimination tourney with a win.
              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Anyone interested? University of Massachusetts Lowell Assistant Coach - Ice Hockey

Any speculation (or anyone in the know) about who Bazin may look to?
                UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                  Happy Birthday UMLfan!
                  Thanks!
                  Monty

Comment

UML Field Hockey continues stockpiling talent. I wish all of our programs would put together something like this for recruits.
                    Monty

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                      Happy Birthday UMLfan!
                      Happy Birthday Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                        Happy Birthday Monty.
                        Thanks Bob.
                        Monty

Comment

Brutal day for River Hawk baseball:
                          Game 1
                          Game 2
                          Too bad to get good pitching and still fall short.

Now the waiting game begins for an NCAA berth.
                          Last edited by goUMLgoBC; 05-14-2011, 02:52 AM.
                          UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Some good PR for the new coach tonight....

"During the opening game of the NHL's Eastern Conference Final on Saturday night between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning, UMass Lowell head coach Norm Bazin will appear live on NESN.

Bazin is scheduled to appear between 6:40-7 p.m. to speak about goaltenders Dwayne Roloson ('94), his longtime friend and former college teammate, and Tim Thomas.

Bazin and Roloson skated together for the University of Lowell team that reached the NCAA Tournament in 1994. Roloson was crowned Hockey East's Player of the Year that season as the then-named Chiefs topped Michigan State in the opening game, 4-3, before falling to Minnesota, 2-1, in double-overtime.

The duo played against Thomas during the 1993-94 campaign, then a freshman with Vermont."

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...051411aab.html
                            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                              Some good PR for the new coach tonight....

"During the opening game of the NHL's Eastern Conference Final on Saturday night between the Boston Bruins and Tampa Bay Lightning, UMass Lowell head coach Norm Bazin will appear live on NESN.

Bazin is scheduled to appear between 6:40-7 p.m. to speak about goaltenders Dwayne Roloson ('94), his longtime friend and former college teammate, and Tim Thomas.

Bazin and Roloson skated together for the University of Lowell team that reached the NCAA Tournament in 1994. Roloson was crowned Hockey East's Player of the Year that season as the then-named Chiefs topped Michigan State in the opening game, 4-3, before falling to Minnesota, 2-1, in double-overtime.

The duo played against Thomas during the 1993-94 campaign, then a freshman with Vermont."

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...051411aab.html
                              get him on vs... get him on vs... get him on vs... we all can daydream, can't we
                              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                              Skating Friar Jersey
                              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

http://www.nesn.com/2011/05/former-t...st-streng.html I found this on the NESN website.

Comment

Working...
                                X