Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
    I finally got a chance to see him pitch last night and WOW! After the first two batters got on with hits, he didn't allow another until he was rested after the 8th. He had phenomenal stuff, the Merrimack hitters couldn't touch anything.

There must've been at least 10 scouts behind home plate with radar guns. He's going to be a high(ish) pick for somebody in the draft.
    He was rated the second best DII prospect before the season, and I doubt he's done anything to lose that.

With yesterday's game being rained out, Lowell has three games left, starting today at last place Merrimack. If Lowell can win all three (including the big two this weekend at SCSU), they'll win the NE10 regular season title, and get the bye.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      He was rated the second best DII prospect before the season, and I doubt he's done anything to lose that.

With yesterday's game being rained out, Lowell has three games left, starting today at last place Merrimack. If Lowell can win all three (including the big two this weekend at SCSU), they'll win the NE10 regular season title, and get the bye.
      Ho-hum ... another win over Merrimack yesterday, 7-0 with Garrett Cole pitching a one-hitter. I don't know the baseball media stuff, but this year's team ERA has to be close to setting a record.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Ho-hum ... another win over Merrimack yesterday, 7-0 with Garrett Cole pitching a one-hitter. I don't know the baseball media stuff, but this year's team ERA has to be close to setting a record.
        Current team ERA: 1.82
        Record for team ERA: 2.28 in 1981

Yesterday marked their 8th shutout of the season, tying the team record set in 2008.

There's several other records they've got a chance to break this season. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...allRecords.pdf
        Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
        "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
          Current team ERA: 1.82
          Record for team ERA: 2.28 in 1981

Yesterday marked their 8th shutout of the season, tying the team record set in 2008.

There's several other records they've got a chance to break this season. http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...allRecords.pdf
          Thanks Scott. That's some great stuff. The one I'd like to see them shatter is wins ... all the way to the NCAA Championship.

What's actually scary is that SCSU has a 1.71 ERA this season with 10 shutouts (including 5 in their last 7 games). Wow.
          Monty

Comment

I'm rooting for 4 Bs 1-0 wins... Roli plays well, yet the Bs win.
            That would be my preferred outcome as well.

Did anyone hear Felger & Mazz on 98.5 yesterday? I received a text from a friend who said Felger was making fun of Roli because he was a River Hawk and that Lowell wasn't a real school. Mazz added that Lowell wasn't even the original UMass (No s%&t Sherlock). He then added, "Who is their Coach; Crowder?"

Bunch of ignorant clowns.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Don't expect them to give us any respect any time soon... people need people like us to justify themselves. Anyhoo...

If it does end up being a Boston-Tampa Bay series then I'd hope the athletic department will send some pictures from Roli's time at UML to emphasize the age bit... though I've yet to see them reference UML during a VS/NBC broadcast... doesn't mean it hasn't happened... i just haven't noticed it.

edit: considering how many games we'll have against So. Connecticut I have to think breaking that ERA mark may prove difficult. Even if the team does well they could be playing them up to 6 times in the next few weeks.
              Last edited by Patman; 05-06-2011, 11:50 AM.
              BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
              Skating Friar Jersey
              AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
              UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
              Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                That would be my preferred outcome as well.

Did anyone hear Felger & Mazz on 98.5 yesterday? I received a text from a friend who said Felger was making fun of Roli because he was a River Hawk and that Lowell wasn't a real school. Mazz added that Lowell wasn't even the original UMass (No s%&t Sherlock). He then added, "Who is their Coach; Crowder?"

Bunch of ignorant clowns.
                Par for the course for Felger. He is a dnozzle of the highest order. He's still bitter he didn't get into BC and had to go to BU.
                Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                  Par for the course for Felger. He is a dnozzle of the highest order. He's still bitter he didn't get into BC and had to go to BU.
                  I expected Felger to be a dbag; but Massarotti? He is a guy a from Waltham who went to Tufts. Then again, he went to Tufts so he knows absolutely nothing about D1 Hockey.

I'm still amazed Roloson is a starting goalie in the NHL. I was in his class ('94) and he is 3 years older than me. That speaks volumes about his work ethic.
                  Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                    I expected Felger to be a dbag; but Massarotti? He is a guy a from Waltham who went to Tufts. Then again, he went to Tufts so he knows absolutely nothing about D1 Hockey.

I'm still amazed Roloson is a starting goalie in the NHL. I was in his class ('94) and he is 3 years older than me. That speaks volumes about his work ethic.
                    I'm not surprised at all. He had an amazing work ethic when he was here and a great attitude.

Comment

Happy Mother's Day leswp1.

Comment

SCSU's pitching was better than Lowell's, with a 3-1 and 2-0 sweep of the Hawks.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                          Happy Mother's Day leswp1.
                          Thanks!

Comment

Not my best judgement but I called up Felger & Mazz today and got on the radio. I took Felger to task for being a Lowell/Roli hater. All they could say was that Roli was a journeyman goalie. I managed to take a dig at BU and Tufts before being cut off. I'll give Mazz credit as he laughed when I said does Tufts even have a Hockey team? His reply? I don't know?
                            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                              Not my best judgement but I called up Felger & Mazz today and got on the radio. I took Felger to task for being a Lowell/Roli hater. All they could say was that Roli was a journeyman goalie. I managed to take a dig at BU and Tufts before being cut off. I'll give Mazz credit as he laughed when I said does Tufts even have a Hockey team? His reply? I don't know?
                              What time did you get on?

Comment

Originally posted by UML View Post
                                What time did you get on?
                                Around 3pm.
                                Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X