UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Here's one Merrimack fan who would think it is great if Roloson returned to UML to be an assistant coach. Bring in another, maybe younger guy to do a lot of the recruiting. I think it is great for college hockey to have a famous NHLer back behind the bench. Thought it was great when MacEachern was at NU and Lowell. I'd love to see Lowell back competitive. Have fond memories of some of their good early to mid 90s teams at Tully Forum.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
      I know he's a free agent after this season, but I thought I remembered reading somewhere that he wanted to play another year or two.
      Wouldn't be surprised. I honestly don't know what he's said about his future. What I posted is just a hunch I have. Would obviously be happy for Roloson either way.
      Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

The only thought I have is after one logs a bajillion miles across the US and Canada does one really want to go on down to the EconoLodge to watch a kid at some small rink on a week after week basis? don't get me wrong, I'm sure he could have a lot to provide to goaltenders and would certainly a boost for goaltender recruiting... but let's say he's 43 when he's done... if he does, that's great... I know that if it were me I'd be looking to do other stuff... on the other hand... he is still in the game at his age so he just may be comfortable enough to keep with the sport in a day-to-day fashion.
        BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
        Skating Friar Jersey
        AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
        UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
        Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Great win for UML baseball today as they improve to 32-7 with a 12-2 shellacking of #10 Franklin Pierce at home. Lowell had lost to FPC earlier this week 3-0 on the road. Lowell stays within striking distance of the #1 and #2 seeds that would get them a bye in the NE-10 playoffs improving to 15-5 in league play, with FPC falling to 14-4 (33-8 overall). FPC is still currently topping the standings with now falling to third in the NE-10 with a 14-5-1 (30-4-1 overall) record. UML plays their last three home games of the season in the next few days, with a double header against AIC (14-21, 8-11) tomorrow and a single game against Merrimack on the 3rd (11-22, 3-15). They then finish the regular season with four on the road, starting with single games at Post (22-14, non-conf game) on Wednesday, Merrimack Thursday, and a huge doubleheader at SCSU next Saturday that will play a huge part in who gets a bye.

Go Hawks!
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• I stopped by the park today and thought they looked pretty good. I'm also counting down the days until hockey.
            Great win for UML baseball today as they improve to 32-7 with a 12-2 shellacking of #10 Franklin Pierce at home. Lowell had lost to FPC earlier this week 3-0 on the road. Lowell stays within striking distance of the #1 and #2 seeds that would get them a bye in the NE-10 playoffs improving to 15-5 in league play, with FPC falling to 14-4 (33-8 overall). FPC is still currently topping the standings with now falling to third in the NE-10 with a 14-5-1 (30-4-1 overall) record. UML plays their last three home games of the season in the next few days, with a double header against AIC (14-21, 8-11) tomorrow and a single game against Merrimack on the 3rd (11-22, 3-15). They then finish the regular season with four on the road, starting with single games at Post (22-14, non-conf game) on Wednesday, Merrimack Thursday, and a huge doubleheader at SCSU next Saturday that will play a huge part in who gets a bye.

Go Hawks!

Comment

In case anyone hasn't seen it, another new video in support of the "On Glory Road" marketing theme was posted on the site recently.
              http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...RoadVideo.html

Although it was no shutout, Roloson saved 26 of 28 in Tampa's surprise game one win in DC. I like how the ESPN article complimented the team AND made fun of Roloson's age all within the first sentence of the story. Maybe his coaching career will start sooner rather than later :

"If the Tampa Bay Lightning and their 41-year-old goalie, Dwayne Roloson, were exhausted, they sure hid it well."
              http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=310429023
              U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
              UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                In case anyone hasn't seen it, another new video in support of the "On Glory Road" marketing theme was posted on the site recently.
                http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...RoadVideo.html

Although it was no shutout, Roloson saved 26 of 28 in Tampa's surprise game one win in DC. I like how the ESPN article complimented the team AND made fun of Roloson's age all within the first sentence of the story. Maybe his coaching career will start sooner rather than later :

"If the Tampa Bay Lightning and their 41-year-old goalie, Dwayne Roloson, were exhausted, they sure hid it well."
                http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=310429023
                Puck Daddy has a headline about Boudreau complaining about "river hockey".... close enough
                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                Skating Friar Jersey
                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                  Puck Daddy has a headline about Boudreau complaining about "river hockey".... close enough
                  Another good performance from Roloson last night. 35 saves on 37 shots, great support from the PK unit, and stellar performances from Lecavalier and St. Louis gives the lightning a 2-0 series lead heading back to Tampa. Who saw that coming?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=310501023
                  U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                  UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                    Another good performance from Roloson last night. 35 saves on 37 shots, great support from the PK unit, and stellar performances from Lecavalier and St. Louis gives the lightning a 2-0 series lead heading back to Tampa. Who saw that coming?

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/recap?gameId=310501023
                    :raises hand: Was around to watch Roli in play off mode here. The double overtime thing in the tournament was awe inspiring. He is amazing come playoff time (well, he is always amazing...)

Comment

UML's Jack Leathersich fanned 15 yesterday as Lowell beat Merrimack 2-0 on Lowell's Senior Night. The win puts the River Hawks in a tie for second in the NE10 with a 17-6 record (along with Franklin Pierce) and a 34-8 overall record. Lowell finishes the regular season with four straight road games, including the final 2 at league leader Southern Connecticut (34-4-1, 18-4-1). Those two teams lead the NE10 in pitching ERA as well, not surprisingly, both under 2.00. Wow.

Leathersich (6-2 on the year) BTW has a very chance of being the next draft pick out of UML this summer. Also, with his 8 scoreless innings yesterday, his ERA drops to 1.85, and he's the fourth starter on the team to have an ERA below 2.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

UML's Jack Leathersich fanned 15 yesterday as Lowell beat Merrimack 2-0 on Lowell's Senior Night. The win puts the River Hawks in a tie for second in the NE10 with a 17-6 record (along with Franklin Pierce) and a 34-8 overall record. Lowell finishes the regular season with four straight road games, including the final 2 at league leader Southern Connecticut (34-4-1, 18-4-1). Those two teams lead the NE10 in pitching ERA as well, not surprisingly, both under 2.00. Wow.

Leathersich (6-2 on the year) BTW has a very chance of being the next draft pick out of UML this summer. Also, with his 8 scoreless innings yesterday, his ERA drops to 1.85, and he's the fourth starter on the team to have an ERA below 2.
                        I finally got a chance to see him pitch last night and WOW! After the first two batters got on with hits, he didn't allow another until he was rested after the 8th. He had phenomenal stuff, the Merrimack hitters couldn't touch anything.

There must've been at least 10 scouts behind home plate with radar guns. He's going to be a high(ish) pick for somebody in the draft.
                        UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Roloson and the Bruins appear to be on a collision course. Who are you rooting for?

Comment

Tampa Bay is going to win the cup!

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                              Roloson and the Bruins appear to be on a collision course. Who are you rooting for?
                              Is this a true question? Roli of course! Then maybe he would bring the cup to UML

Comment

Originally posted by pressbox View Post
                                I'm rooting for 4 Bs 1-0 wins... Roli plays well, yet the Bs win.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X