UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Expect Bazin to be introduced as the new coach at a press conference tomorrow afternoon.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      Expect Bazin to be introduced as the new coach at a press conference tomorrow afternoon.
      Welcome Norm. Why don't you fly down to Florida and take a vacation now?
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
        Email from UML: Please join us tomorrow for an exciting announcement concerning the UMass Lowell Hockey Program (see media advisory below) Immediately following the event we will hold a reception featuring great food and a cash bar.

UMass Lowell has announced it will hold a press conference Thursday, Apr. 21 at 5:30 p.m. at the UMass Lowell Inn and Conference Center for a major announcement regarding its ice hockey program.

Comment

Just received the same email. Norm is going to be the guy and I'm pretty sure he will change the "dump and chase" crap that Blaise loved. Vallorani should love the new HC and Wetmore is probably ready to stop dumping the puck and then trying to get it back to try and score.

Hope we are all on the same page for the next chapter in Lowell Hockey.
          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

New coach, and a new sense of enthusiasm. Good... this program needs it.

I haven't received the **** email though!
            Last edited by UMLFan; 04-20-2011, 03:59 PM.
            Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
              I haven't received the **** email though!
              I guess Scott and Eric hate you lol.

When are we doing the trip to Gillette for a Revs game?
              Let's go Lowell.

Comment

I got it. Psyched!

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                  I guess Scott and Eric hate you lol.
                  I guess so ... well I won't be going tomorrow apparently.
                  Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
                  When are we doing the trip to Gillette for a Revs game?
                  Pick a game man!
                  Monty

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                    I guess so ... well I won't be going tomorrow apparently.
                    !
                    That's ok, neither will I
                    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                    Skating Friar Jersey
                    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Roloson has 49 saves on 51 shots in the Bolts fourth game against Pittsburgh. The game is heading to a second OT in a series that Pittsburgh leads 2-1. Wow, go Roloson!

Edit: Roloson finishes with 50 shots on 53 saves ... I'm sure you can all do the math.
                      Last edited by UMLFan; 04-20-2011, 09:56 PM.
                      Monty

Comment

I can't make the press conference tonight.

Here's hoping we have another Enrico Blasi of Miami on our hands here. Young, good recruiter, and has put that program on the map and ALWAYS in the hunt for an NCAA birth.

SO, we have young, has a track record of being able to recruit talent, now we just need an NCAA birth and I'll shut up for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Patman View Post
                          That's ok, neither will I
                          I won't be there either. Seven time zones is a little far.

I'm surprised the university hasn't openly advertised the press conference at all. The conference is going on today and I just scoured the athletics and school websites as well as my student email to see if anything was mentioned, but had no success. I understand if they want to limit the amount of people at the Inn and Conference Center for the conference, but for a big anouncement about the school's only DI sport, I was hoping to see a short story and a link to a video feed or something.

In the grand scheme of the universe, it really doesn't matter. As long as he's a good coach and the team succeeds is all that matters.

Love the idea of losing the dump and chase. I'm not too familiar with how it worked at his DIII school or at CC. Does he like to run a BC-style controlled breakout or a more UNH fast-break style? How about on defense? Clog up the blueline and play a trap or something with more finesse? I'll be happy if they improve on rebound control (both goalies and defenders) and clearing out forwards from in front of the net.
                          U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                          UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
                            I won't be there either. Seven time zones is a little far.

I'm surprised the university hasn't openly advertised the press conference at all. The conference is going on today and I just scoured the athletics and school websites as well as my student email to see if anything was mentioned, but had no success. I understand if they want to limit the amount of people at the Inn and Conference Center for the conference, but for a big anouncement about the school's only DI sport, I was hoping to see a short story and a link to a video feed or something.
                            Agree. I can't see a team not putting that kind of information up on their site ... even if you don't want people to show up, you can state comments to that effect, but goriverhawks.com should have this on their front page.
                            Monty

Comment

Wish I could make it tonight. I'm assuming this doesn't count as the "meet and greet" from the mailing that season ticket holders got a couple weeks ago though..

Bob Ellis made a pretty cool video on UML hockey history, I've seen a lot of these photos but some of them were new. Love the shots of inside the old Tully. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9JLc...layer_embedded
                              UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Some more good news for UML. UMass Lowell will break ground Thursday on a 69,000-square-foot academic building to house three of the university’s academic majors and provide more space for students. http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/ne...-academic.html

Comment

Working...
                                X