UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

I get the same newsletter from Merrimack and yeah, the AD does a really good job with that. The e-mails from Eric and Scott are good and list all the upcoming promotions which can be important, but to get an e-mail from Skinner or the new coach every couple weeks or so to keep updated on things would be appreciated since the Sun's coverage of the team is laughable.

I really like the idea of the athletic department organizing road trips to other HE schools and stuff like that. I don't play golf but I'd go to other season ticket holder events like game viewings if they're somewhere really far away.

Regarding the restaurant in the Tsongas being open to anyone now before games, I think that might entice me to go once or twice a season as opposed to none before. Won't really change my habit of scarfing down a pizza or sub at Suppah's before the Friday games after work and getting some good eats and drinks at Beer Works for the Saturday games.
    UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
      There's got to be a way to cater to both. Adding the Pavilion Club and Chancellor's Suite is a good way to bring in some high rollers. The Center Ice Club is a great idea to allow for small and large donors to participate. A newsletter, coach/AD emails, or something to keep people informed and interested would be a start.
      Here's the link to Friends of UNH Hockey site to see their membership levels and benefits. I like the fact that they make it affordable for the students to join, get them involved early.
      http://friendsofunhhockey.com/?page_id=30

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
        I get the same newsletter from Merrimack and yeah, the AD does a really good job with that. The e-mails from Eric and Scott are good and list all the upcoming promotions which can be important, but to get an e-mail from Skinner or the new coach every couple weeks or so to keep updated on things would be appreciated since the Sun's coverage of the team is laughable.
        I'm not a season ticket holder so I was unaware that any emails to fans existed at all. It's good that they do, but maybe they can expand the mailing list so season ticket holders and potential individual game purchasers are all informed (unless I totally missed something about signing up to receive email updates). That's what's great about email, doesn't cost a nickel to add a ton of people to a mailing list.

I was happy that the Center Ice Club advertised monthly email newsletters, but I got one in October and that was the only one for the season. It will be interesting to see how the new coach is on the PR circuit and what the Center Ice Club/season ticket packages look like next season.

I can't complain about the athletic department staff. I had an unusual travel schedule this winter, but for the one game that I could get to, a couple people in the hockey/athletic offices hooked me up big time. Makes it easier to contribute when the staff is helpful.
        U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
        UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

The team held their awards dinner last night - no public this time. Here is who won each award:

MVP – Riley Wetmore
          Coaches Perseverance – David Vallorani
          Most Improved – Matt Ferreira
          Gus Coutu – Ryan Blair
          Unsung Hero – Jason DeLuca
          Rookie and Best Defensive Player – Chad Ruhwedel
          Marc Connelly – Sean Patno
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            I agree, but it's an option for some folks. My only concern with ordering food in the Talon room this past season was the service time, which they also addressed in the email.

Did all season ticket holders have access to the Talon room? I had access but it was because of the Center Ice club. Other than a couple of times when they had a function going on before the game the amount of people in Talon room was pretty small.

I think it's a good idea to open the room up to more people, same with the Center Ice club. It's nice to get the big donors but it would be better to make it affordable for families to join like most Friends groups. The more involvement the better.
            I didn't have access to the Talon room but if I have access this season I'll probably check it out. Especially on Friday nights when traffic stinks and the Beer Works is packed when I get to Lowell.
            Let's go Lowell.

Comment

UML has a new head coach.... Expect something today or Monday!

Comment

Originally posted by hockey247 View Post
                UML has a new head coach.... Expect something today or Monday!
                I'd heard next week, but either way ... good news. Time to start up the next chapter.
                Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

I heard its Bazin too

Comment

Originally posted by 'MackFan View Post
                    I heard its Bazin too
                    Kudos to Providence.
                    They get a far superior hire.
                    And who said PC isn't a good job?

Comment

Originally posted by zena View Post
                      Kudos to Providence.
                      They get a far superior hire.
                      And who said PC isn't a good job?
                      First, nothing's been finalized, so it's tough to say someone is a superior hire. Second, let's see them actually coach before we decide who's better. Third, I don't think most of us say PC isn't a good job ... most of us though do believe that Lowell is better set up to succeed.
                      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

• Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        First, nothing's been finalized, so it's tough to say someone is a superior hire. Second, let's see them actually coach before we decide who's better. Third, I don't think most of us say PC isn't a good job ... most of us though do believe that Lowell is better set up to succeed.
                        Who was hired atPC and UML?

Comment

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...for_lowell.php

Sounding more and more like Norm has the job. Hopefully we hear something official early this week..

Comment

All but the official post on the athletics site, Chaz has an article on Bazin in today's Sun...

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17879266

Comment

Originally posted by jrobes01 View Post
                              All but the official post on the athletics site, Chaz has an article on Bazin in today's Sun...

http://www.lowellsun.com/sports/ci_17879266
                              I'll be honest, I'm happy for Bazin but I do worry a bit about someone just blowing away an interview. I don't think he has the full resume that Carlson or Rolston do, and Bennett was a first class recruiter from what I've been told. But ... but, I'm going to fully support him and this program, so we'll see how it goes. Welcome back to Lowell Norm. And Good Luck.
                              Monty

Comment

I believe Norm would be a good for lowell.

Comment

Working...
                                X