Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Rolston, heard leading canidate

Bazin
    Bennett

Carlson

Maybe flip flop Bazin and Bennett

In that order, zero chance on Tremblay
    Last edited by Hokydad; 04-06-2011, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
      Final 5-2 Ottawa, tough night for the Flyers. Nice night for Butler and Shannon as they both had a goal and an assist for the Senators. Da Costa only saw 6:47 minutes of ice time while Ben Holmstrom saw 10 minutes for the Flyers.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010021188
      Cheap shot by Holmstrom (if that was him with the elbow, hard to see the number). No need for that. It was pretty blatant.

Comment

Sorry to post so many questions without as much as solid imput on my part, however the only way to educate myself on the situation is to try and find the answers to looming questions, and I cannot be the only one.

I agree Tremblay has done a great job in Manchester, putting most of his kids into D-I spots the past few years. His track record would provide a good opprotunity for a new D-I coach with intensity and dedication.

I think that the release of Rick Bennett as a candidate might be more a self benefiting move, create interest in other jobs to boost PC's interest. I can only think that going back to PC would be his first choice.

I never saw MacTavish as interested in leaving the NHL, maybe someday, but not right now, and I think the learning curve for all of the rules (NCAA compliance and recruiting) is a negative for wanting to move from professional to college ranks.

Why would Roslston want his first choice to be UML when his almamater head job is open currently? unless he would rather come to Lowell.

I dont know much about Brent Brekke (per Scoggins) but Miami has done well and he must be a part of it,

Who else is there? I dont think the list could be that long and if Tremblay were on it, who else is there on the quiet short list...
        If they are not looking to wait too much longer, wouldn't a full candidate list have surfaced by now?

I am interested in who will be the next coach as I think it will be a large piece in rebuilding the program. Any other thoughts as to who might be in the running (you mentioned that you are hearing one or two other names? With all the speculation as to who may be candidates, care to add to who they might be?

Right now i see the logical choice as Tremblay... if he is even on the list!

Now thinking more about it, and reading up a bit, I would love to see the Salisbury Native and Triton hockey player in Bob Corkum return to the area to Coach (even coached with Tremblay). I do know that he is a Maine Alum and I dont know what it would take to get him out of Orono, but (http://new.bangordailynews.com/2011/...e-hockey-team/) according to this article, he no longer has family ties keeping hiim there.

Comment

Originally posted by UMhockeyfan View Post
          Sorry to post so many questions without as much as solid imput on my part, however the only way to educate myself on the situation is to try and find the answers to looming questions, and I cannot be the only one.
          I was just being wise ... glad you asked the question. We need more Lowell fans on these boards.

I can't tell you much else than I have, because I'm not supposed to ... plain and simple.

I know HokyDad also brought up Carlson, who also wouldn't be a bad choice.

In regards to Rolston, I can't tell you why he'd rather come to Lowell (or even if he would), but he might see the opportunity at Lowell as better than at Tech.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Rolston is the leading canidate.

trembley is not on the list

Comment

Rick Bennett is very interested in the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                Rolston, heard leading canidate

Bazin
                Bennett

Carlson

Maybe flip flop Bazin and Bennett

In that order, zero chance on Tremblay
                TOTAL BS!!!
                You are unreal. You tried this on the PC thread too. So you are saying that you know the candidate's names on BOTH UML and PC short lists AND the order of preferrence for each school???

You talk straight out of your tailpipe....

Bray on donkey. Bray on.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                  TOTAL BS!!!
                  You are unreal. You tried this on the PC thread too. So you are saying that you know the candidate's names on BOTH UML and PC short lists AND the order of preferrence for each school???

You talk straight out of your tailpipe....

Bray on donkey. Bray on.
                  FWIW, he's right on all four. I have no idea on preference, but the names are correct. I know he's missing a couple of other names, but that's about it.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

No one said that simply said heard as follows.

The only thing I know for sure is I know more about both situations than you do.

heard and maybe should be a give away....

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      FWIW, he's right on all four. I have no idea on preference, but the names are correct. I know he's missing a couple of other names, but that's about it.
                      please, I appreciate the support but just put him on your ignore list. Every post from him and his preferrance is based upon who he got along with when he went to school there and got his nursing degree. "this guy was a jerk", "this guy was that"

shocking that most of the athletes who went there couldnt stomach him

Comment

The only thing I know for sure is I know more about both situations than you do.

LOL. Sure you do Hokydope. Maybe if they were Lynn Mite C's but not men that can tell the authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I don't doubt the names. We've all heard names associated with PC and UML. It's that he states the order of preferrence like he's an insider who meets with the AD's of both Providence and UML to consult with them. You have to admit that he's pulling it straight out of his arse.
                          ***. The guy is a clown. BTW He wants you to put me on ignore but he hasn't yet and he knows that I think he's the biggest tool on USCHO.

He hasn't been right about anything involved with PC hockey since he began trolling the thread yet still pretends to somehow have an in with the program. Read our thread and you'll see that he gets called out on a regular basis. The guy is a joke.

Good luck to UML on their search. Incidently Hokydud was pushing hard for PC to tab Bennett. Won't happe though. How did that work out for you there dud?

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                            I don't doubt the names. We've all heard names associated with PC and UML. It's that he states the order of preferrence like he's an insider who meets with the AD's of both Providence and UML to consult with them. You have to admit that he's pulling it straight out of his arse.
                            ***. The guy is a clown. BTW He wants you to put me on ignore but he hasn't yet and he knows that I think he's the biggest tool on USCHO.

He hasn't been right about anything involved with PC hockey since he began trolling the thread yet still pretends to somehow have an in with the program. Read our thread and you'll see that he gets called out on a regular basis. The guy is a joke.

Good luck to UML on their search. Incidently Hokydud was pushing hard for PC to tab Bennett. Won't happe though. How did that work out for you there dud?
                            Here's the thing... as far as i can tell, in relation to Lowell, I haven't seen him be wrong or so wrong that I've found reason to ignore him. You have to take any of these things with a grain of salt and with his personality you're forced to take it that way..... interesting to see, lets see if they pan out.

As for the other stuff, yes, he's been incredibly antagonistic... I don't support that kind of behavior. So far though, he's been mildly informative. Trust me, I don't think any of our fanbase is particularly shy about calling out BS if we see it.
                            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                            Skating Friar Jersey
                            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I can't call BS on Hoky(sic) because I really don't understand Hoky(sic).

Comment

Heard all the names. Wouldn't agree with the ranking.

Comment

Working...
                                X