UML Offseason Begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Just curious, what was the whistle blown on Riley for? Honestly don't know...

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
      Absolutely incorrect. That was Matty Hayes. He was benched and his father was not happy. He is the one who started everything. He then went on to play at Merrimack and was taunted at every one of out games against them. Flats was never involved.
      Thanks for the clarification!! I was never totally convinced myself but, as I said, that's what I had always heard. Wonder what direction the program might have gone had that situation never happened......
      Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Originally posted by WisemanFromUmass-Lowell View Post
        Thanks for the clarification!! I was never totally convinced myself but, as I said, that's what I had always heard. Wonder what direction the program might have gone had that situation never happened......
        Wow, I neverheard that rumor. Maybe because I knew who really did it.

Comment

The Flyers called Ben Holmstrom up again: http://www.phantomshockey.com/pages/.../20110404a.asp
          Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
          "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
            The Flyers called Ben Holmstrom up again: http://www.phantomshockey.com/pages/.../20110404a.asp
            Comcast is still running the free preview of the MLB and Center Ice packages so the Flyers/Sentors game should be available tonight. Hopefully Ben will be in the line up to face former HE opponents Da Costa, Butler and Shannon.

Comment

UMass Lowell names Sarah Behn Women's Basketball coach.
              http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/w...040511aaa.html

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                Comcast is still running the free preview of the MLB and Center Ice packages so the Flyers/Sentors game should be available tonight. Hopefully Ben will be in the line up to face former HE opponents Da Costa, Butler and Shannon.
                From the game preview on NHL.com:

Puck drop: Ben Holmstrom will receive an early birthday present when he gets to play his second NHL game Tuesday in Ottawa.

Holmstrom, who turns 23 on Saturday, was recalled by the Flyers from AHL Adirondack on Monday. He played his first NHL game March 3, playing 8:06 on the fourth line against Toronto

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Holmstrom got into his first NHL fight, fighting Ottawa's Neil in the first. He's currently a -1 (5 PIM) as the Flyers trail 3-2 after two.
                  Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                  2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                  2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
                    UMass Lowell names Sarah Behn Women's Basketball coach.
                    http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/w...040511aaa.html
                    She seems like a very good addition to a strong coaching staff at UML. Now if Lowell could just fill the hockey position with someone very good...
                    Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                      Holmstrom got into his first NHL fight, fighting Ottawa's Neil in the first. He's currently a -1 (5 PIM) as the Flyers trail 3-2 after two.
                      Final 5-2 Ottawa, tough night for the Flyers. Nice night for Butler and Shannon as they both had a goal and an assist for the Senators. Da Costa only saw 6:47 minutes of ice time while Ben Holmstrom saw 10 minutes for the Flyers.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/boxscore.htm?id=2010021188

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                        For those who didn't see it: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/104545

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                          For those who didn't see it: http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/104545
                          I must be stupid. I just don't get the fighting thing. So you either lost control like an ill disciplined kindergardener or you are getting paid to behave like an out of control teen with too much testosterone in something that looks so staged it could be a bad high school play for the neanderthal fans that are watching get their jollies. (OK so it is a run on sentence) What the hell does that have to do with watching skill in a hockey game? This is why I love college hockey.

Comment

Question for anyone that might be in the know ... I'm assuming that Green and the staff are still keeping in touch with the current commits to not only keep them informed (as much as possible) with what's going on, but also make them feel a bit better about their commitments?
                            Monty

Comment

Of the current possible candidates (according to Scoggins), Who do you think is the front runner for the job? are there others out there that are strong possibilities that are not on the forum radar? if so who? Are there other moves in Hockey East that would provide for other options and openings? (Does Cronin leave for the pro's?) What about Corkum? Does he defect after three seasons in Orono? Does Sean Trembly become a candidate as well (if he is a potential for the PC job, why not Lowell?) Would MacTavish really leave Edmonton? Is Bazin ready to return to D-I? Why would Rolston want to come east when his MI Tech job is open? Just curious as to where the candidate choices are coming from, and who is the right pick to lead the Riverhawks?

I am sorry for all of the questions, but I am new to the forum (following hockey for a long time) and trying to catch up with all that is going on. With no Hockey East teams left playing for this weekend, its a bit quiet with regards to Hockey East, so I thought I would find out as much as I could about what is going on with coaching openings

Comment

Originally posted by UMhockeyfan View Post
                                Of the current possible candidates (according to Scoggins), Who do you think is the front runner for the job? are there others out there that are strong possibilities that are not on the forum radar? if so who? Are there other moves in Hockey East that would provide for other options and openings? (Does Cronin leave for the pro's?) What about Corkum? Does he defect after three seasons in Orono? Does Sean Trembly become a candidate as well (if he is a potential for the PC job, why not Lowell?) Would MacTavish really leave Edmonton? Is Bazin ready to return to D-I? Why would Rolston want to come east when his MI Tech job is open? Just curious as to where the candidate choices are coming from, and who is the right pick to lead the Riverhawks?

I am sorry for all of the questions, but I am new to the forum (following hockey for a long time) and trying to catch up with all that is going on. With no Hockey East teams left playing for this weekend, its a bit quiet with regards to Hockey East, so I thought I would find out as much as I could about what is going on with coaching openings
                                Holy questions!

Sadly, it seems like Scoggins has been wrong on some of his predictions (no comments people!).

I actually think Tremblay would be a good fit, but I haven't heard his name mentioned. MacTavish is out. I haven't heard Corkum's name, but a couple of others you've listed are involved. Also, someone had posted this late last week, but Bennett from Union is also involved. And I'm hearing one or two other names. I don't think they want to wait too much longer, so I feel like this'll be done by month end.
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X