Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Offseason Begins

Originally posted by bigeasy29 View Post
    http://www.lowellsun.com/college/ci_17724038 this is a link to to a story in the lowell sun. Pretty interesting story and it is a must read.
    A media article with several inaccuracies. What a surprise. Journalism has really gone down the proverbial you know what. The Frozen Four in Columbus was an all-WCHA affair so that "HE has sent at least one representative since 1992" comment was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan85 View Post
      A media article with several inaccuracies. What a surprise. Journalism has really gone down the proverbial you know what. The Frozen Four in Columbus was an all-WCHA affair so that "HE has sent at least one representative since 1992" comment was wrong.
      Yes it should read every year since 1993 with the exception of 2005 when all 4 teams were from the WCHA.
      What did you say?
      Who own the Chiefs?
      What did he say?
      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Make that 18-2, they scored four runs in the top of the ninth to come back from a 7-5 deficit at SNHU and win 9-7.
        Well done to the UML baseball team.

Was I hallucinating or did I see you, with a megaphone, on the CSNNE coverage of the Revs/DC United game on Saturday afternoon? DA, from 98.5 FM, was doing a live shot before the game and some guy, who looked very much like you, was chanting like a crazy person
        Let's go Lowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Gainzo View Post
          Well done to the UML baseball team.

Was I hallucinating or did I see you, with a megaphone, on the CSNNE coverage of the Revs/DC United game on Saturday afternoon? DA, from 98.5 FM, was doing a live shot before the game and some guy, who looked very much like you, was chanting like a crazy person
          It was my evil twin.

Yep, that was indeed me.
          Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
          2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Baseball continues its hot streak with a 10-inning 6-5 win in Lowell over SNHU to improve to 19-2 (6-0).

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...033011aaa.html

Information has been posted for the annual hockey golf outing. Not sure how much of a success it's been in the past (relative newcomer here) but it sounds like a good fundraising idea through registering golfers, advertising, and auctioning off items. Hopefully this year's outing helps pay for a marquee coach!

http://www.goriverhawks.com/sports/m...033011aab.html
            U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Rick Bennett update. http://dailygazette.com/weblogs/scho...ass-lowell-he/

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                Interesting, thank you very much for the info. Read good things about Bennett from the Union threads.
                Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Interesting, thank you very much for the info. Read good things about Bennett from the Union threads.
                  He is a top notch guy, great recruiter and on ice coach, liked and respected by players. He has a been a key component of Union's recent success and would be a big loss. I think he would be very interested in the Providence opening as he was a Hobey finalist there and a former assistant. It seems he might be getting a bit of a cold shoulder there though.

Comment

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
                    He is a top notch guy, great recruiter and on ice coach, liked and respected by players. He has a been a key component of Union's recent success and would be a big loss. I think he would be very interested in the Providence opening as he was a Hobey finalist there and a former assistant. It seems he might be getting a bit of a cold shoulder there though.
                    I know I'm biased, but I think the potential is higher at UML than it is at Providence ... especially since Lowell blows away the facilities at Providence. Either way, sounds like a good option for Lowell.

Here's hoping that UML decides well on whomever they decide on.
                    Monty

Comment

I know I'm biased, but I think the potential is higher at UML than it is at Providence ... especially since Lowell blows away the facilities at Providence. Either way, sounds like a good option for Lowell.

Agree, just get the right person. Not only the facilities, but they have a pretty good fan base. I'm still amazed they averaged over 4k / gm with the season they had.

Comment

From the schedule thread, the UMass Amherst games for next season.

Sat - 11/19/11 - UMA
                        Thu - 12/29/11 - @ UConn Classic - RPI
                        Fri - 12/30/11 - @ UConn Classic - UConn or Army
                        Fri - 01/27/12 - UMA
                        Sat - 01/28/12 - @ UMA

Edit: Added the UConn Classic games based on the RPI schedule.
                        Last edited by boblav1; 04-02-2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

The one thing to remember about PC is that they probably do have some better resources.... they are D-1 Big East afterall.... so they at least have better PR avenues... and probably a better recruiting budget.

edit: I agree that we are the better job.... unquestionably, we have the better facilities.... but then again... North Andover.........
                          Last edited by Patman; 04-02-2011, 12:50 PM.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

2011-12 Schedule:

Sat - 11/19/11 vs. UMA
                            Thu - 12/29/11 vs. RPI @ UConn Classic
                            Fri - 12/30/11 vs. UConn or Army @ UConn Classic
                            Fri - 1/27/12 vs. UMA
                            Sat -1/28/12 @ UMA
                            Fri - 3/2/12 @ Providence
                            Sat - 3/3/12 vs. Providence

Comment

Anybody remember a Jeff Flaherty from the '80s? Brother of a woman I work with...

Yes ... he graduated before I got to school there, but I wound up working with him a few years later. Good guy.
                              Really? He was the guy who was alleged to have blown the whistle on Billy Riley....

(Emphasis on "alleged" because I have no idea but that's certainly what the rumours were at the time)
                              Lowell season ticket holder for (gulp) 27 years....

"Character is destiny" S. Freud

Comment

Originally posted by WisemanFromUmass-Lowell View Post
                                Really? He was the guy who was alleged to have blown the whistle on Billy Riley....

(Emphasis on "alleged" because I have no idea but that's certainly what the rumours were at the time)
                                Absolutely incorrect. That was Matty Hayes. He was benched and his father was not happy. He is the one who started everything. He then went on to play at Merrimack and was taunted at every one of out games against them. Flats was never involved.

Comment

Working...
                                X