Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denver hosts Mankato for the 1st round!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver hosts Mankato for the 1st round!!!

Let's get this party started right now!! Whoop, whoop!!!
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Re: Denver hosts Mankato for the 1st round!!!

The Mavs have appeared to give up on this season, getting thumped 8-1 on the weekend series against Anchorage, IN Mankato. Never know though, I suppose. They play the games for a reason.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
      The Mavs have appeared to give up on this season, getting thumped 8-1 on the weekend series against Anchorage, IN Mankato. Never know though, I suppose. They play the games for a reason.
      I thought Mankato was going to be one of the "scary" teams to play in the first round about 3 weeks ago. They have definitely fallen short of my expectations for them. Denver will be ready and I think this series is done in two. I think Denver wins a tight one, and one by 3+.
      North Dakota
      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I think Denver wins the first one 12-2 and the second one 14-0.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          I think Denver wins the first one 12-2 and the second one 14-0.
          So you're telling me Mankato has a chance?
          There is Hope . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            I thought Mankato was going to be one of the "scary" teams to play in the first round about 3 weeks ago. They have definitely fallen short of my expectations for them. Denver will be ready and I think this series is done in two. I think Denver wins a tight one, and one by 3+.
            I don't know, I am so gun shy after these past 5-6 years, anything could happen. I think it was 2006, right after we won the NC, we had a really good team. We lost to Duluth who had been really struggling, on a Sunday tie breaking kind of day. We were all in shock dreaming of "three- peat" and all that. And then there's last year, grrrrrrrrr!!! RIT???? What??????Who??????
            Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
              You're probably right.
              My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

Yes, given up.

If they lay it all out they could take it to three as they have many times before but that is all the hope they (I) have.

Comment

bump!!!!
                  Tom Serratore

Comment

No matter what happens I will be rowdy!!!!!! Please, lets all pray that Anderson is not a ref this weekend
                    GO DU!!!!

ROWDY IN THE FIRST ROW!!!

DU Hockey National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005

Comment

There were several potential series/teams that I thought could push a higher seed to a third game in the WCHA first round playoffs. This is no longer one of them. Even if DU struggles, I would think they win this series with relative ease.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

I see this series going three games based on what I've seen of this DU team the last several weeks. They seem to have one good game and one "not so good" game in each two game series. And, yes, we did lose to Tech. However, they do seem to win when they must. So, I will take DU in 3 this coming weekend.
                        DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                        sigpic
                        WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

What are the chances that the game (s) are going to be on CBS college sports. I have seen a couple of Denver games on this year but am betting that with Bball coming to the end of the year they have priority.

Post any info if you know anything about TV coverage... and no I am not interested in a B2 feed, fool me once...

Comment

Originally posted by crossjcek View Post
                            What are the chances that the game (s) are going to be on CBS college sports. I have seen a couple of Denver games on this year but am betting that with Bball coming to the end of the year they have priority.

Post any info if you know anything about TV coverage... and no I am not interested in a B2 feed, fool me once...
                            In looking at my DirecTV guide, Things look bleak for the games being televised. On Friday, college hoops is on Fox Sports Rocky Mountain and the Avalanche play on Altitide. I guess there is a very small chance Altitude 2 could carry the game, but it's not listed yet. Saturday looks completely out. Nuggets on Altitude, Avalanche on Altitude 2 and Rockies on FSRM. On Sunday, nothing is scheduled on Altitude 2, Altitude has college hoops and FSRM has poker. Aye, yi, yi.
                            DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                            sigpic
                            WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

I'm going to try to make it down for Saturday night's game.
                              http://blogofbrotherhood.com

Comment

Working...
                              X