WCHA Playoff Series - #12 Michigan Tech @ #1 North Dakota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA Playoff Series - #12 Michigan Tech @ #1 North Dakota

They just called Tech "historically bad" on KFAN. Sweet. History.
    Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
      If Tech makes the F5, I will dress up as Ronald McDonald and recreate the Ronald McDonald Insanity dance in the middle of downtown Anchorage.
      But you'll have to be Ronald McDonald wearing a Tech jersey.
      Originally posted by techcodemonkey View Post
      we'll need video evidence as proof....and for future employers
      Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I offered to pay for his flight if he's doing to do this.
      sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gophernation View Post
        I would like to see the Gophers play the SUE every weekend!!!!!!!!!!!! We cant compete against you, as I recall we did split with you this year, and in the regular season last year it was a wash as well! In the first round we went three games and that is the only time you have had an edge so I would say the gophers compete pretty well with the SUE! I also believe we split with Denver this year as well so I dont know where you are getting the gophers cant compete!! I dont want the Big Ten conference, I hope they stay in the WCHA! The Sue win worthless hardware come and talk when you win the NCAA tourney again as I recall we have 2 since the SUE won their last one!
        Obsession.
        Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
        Originally posted by Quizmire
        mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
        MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
        MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
        I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by Hock Puckly View Post
          Much anger I sense in you Gophernation, learn to control it you must! Or fall to the Darkside you will. (oh wait, you're a Gopher fan, already there, sorry)
          Once again the old mantra can be rolled out, "Anybody can beat anybody on any given night". Probably won't happen with MTU, but after that it's up in the air. As for your bitterness, I understand when I look at the final standings. You're just compensating!
          Gophers lost last time they played UAA. But you wouldn't know that by reading these threads.

Gopher fans seem to be overlooking UAA and instead are talking about a playoff run. I hope this attitude also infects the Gopher hockey players and they too overlook UAA. Would be nice to see UAA win the series and put an end to the Gophers season.
          "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            They just called Tech "historically bad" on KFAN. Sweet. History.
            Well, it's not too far from the truth. Once this series is over, we would've only needed five more losses to reset our NCAA record from 99-00.

Comment

Anyone know if Fox College Sports is showing the games this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                Gophers lost last time they played UAA. But you wouldn't know that by reading these threads.

Gopher fans seem to be overlooking UAA and instead are talking about a playoff run. I hope this attitude also infects the Gopher hockey players and they too overlook UAA. Would be nice to see UAA win the series and put an end to the Gophers season.
                I understand wanting to show confidence in your favorite team, but it should be tamed with a bit of reality. At last years FF, I didn't have much hope The Sioux could run the table, but they did, as the Bulldogs did the year before. Could this be the Seawolves year? Hope not as a Sioux fan, and sure wouldn't want the Gophers to do it too. Gopher fans need something to cling to, lets hope they lose their grip!
                "I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." Bilbo Baggins

Comment

Originally posted by Merck View Post
                  Anyone know if Fox College Sports is showing the games this weekend?
                  Yes, the games will be on Fox College Sports this weekend.

Tonight's game is on Fox College Sports Central, Channel 617 on DirecTV.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Yes, the games will be on Fox College Sports this weekend.

Tonight's game is on Fox College Sports Central, Channel 617 on DirecTV.
                    Good to hear. Thanks.

Comment

How insane would I be to predict a michigan tech win? UND wins the series 2-1:-D

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig View Post
                        How insane would I be to predict a michigan tech win? UND wins the series 2-1:-D
                        almost as insane as your sister rinkpig

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPig View Post
                          I've watched college hockey long enough to know that absolutely anything can happen. Saying that, after last weekend, I would be shocked if Tech was able to win a game. They would need a hurculean effort by Genoe and the guys in front of him to limit North Dakota's chances. IF they were to win, I would think it would be something of a 2-1 type game.
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            I've watched college hockey long enough to know that absolutely anything can happen. Saying that, after last weekend, I would be shocked if Tech was able to win a game. They would need a hurculean effort by Genoe and the guys in front of him to limit North Dakota's chances. IF they were to win, I would think it would be something of a 2-1 type game.
                            where did you get that idea?
                            Originally posted by Jamie Russell in yesterday's interview
                            "For us to be successful, we've got to be strong defensively. You look at the three upsets in the playoffs last weekend (ECAC, CCHA), all three were upsets by the road team.

"The series all went three games. All three series were identical 2-1 scores (in the deciding game), so we're not going to beat North Dakota 9-8. That's not going to be our avenue for success."
                            never mind
                            Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                            USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by geezer View Post
                              where did you get that idea?
                              Originally Posted by Jamie Russell in yesterday's interview
                              "For us to be successful, we've got to be strong defensively. You look at the three upsets in the playoffs last weekend (ECAC, CCHA), all three were upsets by the road team.
                              Generally speaking, the home team is the favorite to win in a playoff situtation. So wouldn't it have been kind of tough for a home team to pull an upset last weekend?
                              sigpicUniversity of North Dakota, 8 time D-I Ice Hockey National Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by ecbrevik View Post
                                Generally speaking, the home team is the favorite to win in a playoff situtation. So wouldn't it have been kind of tough for a home team to pull an upset last weekend?
                                Yeah, he's not noted for his brilliance.
                                Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                                USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Working...
                                X