WCHA first round: UAA @ Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA first round: UAA @ Minnesota

it here. just a reminder Friday night game will most likely be on FS North Alt channel, due to a Wild game on the main FS North channel.
    Go Gophers Go.

Re: WCHA first round: UAA @ Minnesota

Arrowed!
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
      it here.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

So is UAA flying home or are they staying in Minnesota all week?

Comment

I would assume they came/are coming home and the plan is to stay there next week between this series and their Final Five games.

Comment

3 game series. UAA wins in 3.
            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
              I would assume they came/are coming home and the plan is to stay there next week between this series and their Final Five games.
              Cute.

Comment

Evidently beating the crap out of a Mankato team that gave up two weeks ago gives people a lot of confidence.

Comment

I would expect them to start Kamal in goal, he did shutout Minny last time there, and they as a team seem to play better with him in goal.

Comment

This will definitely be an interesting series. I think Anchorage is solid enough to keep the games close, and I wouldn't be surprised if this went three, or even if Anchorage pulled the upset. That being said, I think Minnesota is playing significantly better over the past month or so. If Patterson keeps up his play, I could definitely see Minnesota making a Stalock like run all the way through the Final Five. Even if he doesn't, I think Minnesota has enough firepower to take this series. I think Minnesota wins in two, but both games are close.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I expect UAA to make this series tight no matter the outcome.

Comment

I wouldn't really be terribly surprised by any outcome. Even with the Gophers' play being much better of late, I can't forget what was happening earlier in the season. Plus, I remember Anchorage being a pretty physical team, the Gophers showed this last weekend that they don't respond to that very well.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Evidently beating the crap out of a Mankato team that gave up two weeks ago gives people a lot of confidence.
                          No but a team playing well with a goaltender playing well playing a team they've already beaten once on the road does give people a lot of confidence.
                          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                            No but a team playing well with a goaltender playing well playing a team they've already beaten once on the road does give people a lot of confidence.
                            What does a team playing well with a goaltender playing well playing a team they've already beaten once and getting them at home do for confidence?

Comment

state of hockey,
                              Gophers 8-4-4 in 2011.
                              Seawolves 9-7 in 2011.

I would think that should give the team some measure of confidence yes. Not just beating Mankato. The knowledge that they beat the Gophers at the end of January should buoy them a bit as well. It lets them know they're capable of beating the Gophers on their home ice. Being the first WCHA team to win a game against the Gophers at The John in the WCHA Playoffs a couple of years ago should also help with a positive mindset about the series.

Slap Shot,
                              Nothing about saying they'd come home before this playoff series is "cute". What would you do? Assume you're going to lose your road playoff series? I'm sure as Gopher fans you don't think there's much of a chance that the Seawolves will make it to the Final Five. Nevertheless, it's something that needs to be considered. I did say I "assumed" the team would travel back to Alaska because there is that consideration that they may indeed need to be in Minneapolis in two weeks. In any case, I could be wrong and perhaps they're staying. I know Spring Break for the Anchorage School District is this week. I cannot recall exactly which week UAA takes it's spring break so perhaps that will be a factor in the choice of whether they come back or stay.

Your characterization of my (clearly stated) assumptive answer to the question is the only "cute" thing I've read in this thread. Nice first post "Francis".
                              Last edited by uaafanblog; 03-06-2011, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X