Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WCHA 1st Round: SCSU at UMD - Not These Guys Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA 1st Round: SCSU at UMD - Not These Guys Again...

This title is from the viewpoint of both fanbases.
    St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Re: WCHA 1st Round: SCSU at UMD - Not These Guys Again...

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
    This title is from the viewpoint of both fanbases.
    Friday: Huskies 3-2
    Sat. UMD 3-2 OT
    Sun: Ot, Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot until Thursday AM. where Goepart makes a save with his @#$%; SCSU wins and buses to the X to play Thurs. play in game a/g rodents, beat rodents in triple ot, win semi a/g Mich. Tech , plays DU in championship and wins in 2 ot's.
    There is Hope . . .

Comment

At first, I was kind of bummed that we weren't playing CC or the U of M. Then I realized I hate UMD more than anyone and I can't wait until SCSU proves to your delusional fan base who the best team in the state is.

SCSU sweeps.
      Originally posted by SJHovey
      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
      Originally posted by Brenthoven
      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
        At first, I was kind of bummed that we weren't playing CC or the U of M. Then I realized I hate UMD more than anyone and I can't wait until SCSU proves to your delusional fan base who the best team in the state is.
        Oh yeah that standings really make us delusional. Man there was nothing better than seeing your team in 11th place. Sadly you guys are playing better and now are in 9th.
        Originally posted by The Vicar View Post
        Friday: Huskies 3-2
        Sat. UMD 3-2 OT
        Sun: Ot, Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot,Ot until Thursday AM. where Goepart makes a save with his @#$%; SCSU wins and buses to the X to play Thurs. play in game a/g rodents, beat rodents in triple ot, win semi a/g Mich. Tech , plays DU in championship and wins in 2 ot's.
        Sounds about right.
        tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
          Oh yeah that standings really make us delusional. Man there was nothing better than seeing your team in 11th place. Sadly you guys are playing better and now are in 9th.

Sounds about right.
          Doesn't sound right to me. This is the first time in 6 years that you have beat us in the conference standings. Hang your hat on that 4th place finish.
          Originally posted by SJHovey
          Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
          Originally posted by Brenthoven
          We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Doesn't sound right to me. This is the first time in 6 years that you have beat us in the conference standings. Hang your hat on that 4th place finish.
            Hat is hung. Now suck it.
            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

I'd hang my hat on a 4th place finish. That'd mean we only finished 2 spots below where we were picked to instead of 7. And that I'd be heading to the NHC for the games instead of listening on the radio. Bulldogs in 3, with 2 games going into o.t.
              This is THE State of Hockey. Check your teams roster. I bet there are some Minnesotans on it
              www.***********/johnnyredshoes

Comment

Aaron Marvin murders someone but the Bulldogs still win it in two close games.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Hat is hung. Now suck it.
                  Whoever wins will be doing it doggie style.
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Bulldogs in two........
                    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

SCSU sweeps.
                      Okay, calm down.

Comment

This sucks. I blame Mankato.
                        SCSU Hockey: 2001 WCHA Playoff Champions, 2013 WCHA Champions & Frozen Four, 2014 NCHC Champions, 2016 NCHC Playoff Champions
                        UMD Women: 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2010
                        Gopher Football: 1934, 1935, 1936, 1940, 1941, 1960
                        Johnnie Football: 1963, 1965, 1976, 2003
                        UMD Football: 2008, 2010
                        UMD Men: 2011

Comment

Originally posted by HumRsky View Post
                          This sucks. I blame Mankato.
                          Speaking of Mankato, what happened to that team? If they would have played us, I wouldn't have bet the house against them. They have our number and suck against everybody else.

Skeets, the series goes three and Lee gets two shutouts just to annoy you!
                          There is Hope . . .

Comment

This is the marquee series of the first round in the WCHA. St. Cloud has been playing very well over the last month, while Duluth has been inconsistent of late. I think the FCC line will put up points, and will probably win a game for Duluth. That being said, I think St. Cloud wins in three. I could see this series being similar to the Gopher-Mankato series from '08 where every game went to OT. This should be an epic series in Duluth.
                            North Dakota
                            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              This is the marquee series of the first round in the WCHA. St. Cloud has been playing very well over the last month, while Duluth has been inconsistent of late. I think the FCC line will put up points, and will probably win a game for Duluth. That being said, I think St. Cloud wins in three. I could see this series being similar to the Gopher-Mankato series from '08 where every game went to OT. This should be an epic series in Duluth.
                              Tech in three!
                              There is Hope . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X