NCAA Selection Announcements, March 6, 6:30 ET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Selection Announcements, March 6, 6:30 ET

Here is the link to watch the selection show: http://www.ncaa.com/live/2011-03-05/...selection-show Sunday evening/afternoon.

(NCAA's main page is here in case that link changes: http://www.ncaa.com/sports/icehockey-women/d1 )

We already have a speculation thread going here: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ions-shake-out
    I'd prefer to keep this one clean for news & reactions.

Re: NCAA Selection Announcements, March 6, 6:30 ET

Will the selection-show announce game times or will that be determined by the hosts?

Comment

In the past, the hosts have found out they become hosts during the selection show, and it takes a little more time for game times to be announced. When teams submit bids to host, I think they do suggest when they could play. Saturday afternoons tend to be a bit more common because Friday & Saturday night's are often taken up by men's teams.

Comment

Teams with the likely potential for hosting have already chosen a few times based on whats availible for their rink. I am not sure if they have to make these times availible to the NCAA in advance or not. Overheard a lot of talk yesterday with the various media, SIDs, etc.

I believe Wisconsin will be a saturday 7pm game given the fact that basketball is done at home and the men's hockey team is on the road. If Minnesota ends up hosting (is taking wisconsin to OT bump them up over 'hurst who struggled to put away unranked Syracuse enough) I think they are looking at an early afternoon game so they dont overlap the Gopher men.
        The WCHA Dynasty
        Wisconsin
        National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
        MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
        National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
        MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
        National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
        MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

So it looks like Cornell and BU and Minnesota and BC are hosting men's conference quarterfinals so they would probably all do Saturday afternoon. Wisconsin and Mercyhurst are not, leaving them more likely to do evening games -- but I have no in-depth knowledge of non-hockey conflicts in their facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by WHKY blogger View Post
            If Minnesota ends up hosting (is taking wisconsin to OT bump them up over 'hurst who struggled to put away unranked Syracuse enough) I think they are looking at an early afternoon game so they dont overlap the Gopher men.
            Minnesota men's and women's hockey often play the same night, they just stagger the start times by an hour so that the bulk of the fans aren't arriving at the same time.
            "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
            And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              Minnesota men's and women's hockey often play the same night, they just stagger the start times by an hour so that the bulk of the fans aren't arriving at the same time.
              That's in relation to Friday night. They did keep the two teams on separate schedules for most of the Saturday games. With no basketball on campus next weekend but both Friday and Saturday night tied up with men's hockey, Saturday afternoon still seems the most advantageous if the Gophers were to host.
              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by dave1381 View Post
                So it looks like Cornell and BU and Minnesota and BC are hosting men's conference quarterfinals so they would probably all do Saturday afternoon. Wisconsin and Mercyhurst are not, leaving them more likely to do evening games -- but I have no in-depth knowledge of non-hockey conflicts in their facilities.
                Mercyhurst Ice Center is a dedicated Ice Facility.... no hoops, and I believe there are no conflicts.
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                  Mercyhurst Ice Center is a dedicated Ice Facility.... no hoops, and I believe there are no conflicts.
                  If the Lakers host, I hope they get something set up to support a Live Box score at least. Do they not have internet access there, or are they just lacking the staff to support it?
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

They regularly broadcast on B2, and I believe they have internet there, but I've actually never tried it with my own laptop. Perhaps LakersFan or MICZamboni might know for sure?

Hurst women hosted a handful of games at the Frozen Four site, Tullio Arena, where I noticed that there is no official display of shots on goal, not even for when the Erie Otters are playing.
                    Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

At Cornell they announced after yesterdays game that it would be at 3pm.

Comment

it looks like Beyond the Dashers will run a live blog during the selection show.

The WCHA Dynasty
                        Wisconsin
                        National Championships: 2011,2009,2007,2006; Runners Up: 2012, 2008
                        MOP Winners: Bauer (07), Duggan (11), Knight (11), Vetter (06, 09)

Minnesota
                        National Championships: 2012, 2005, 2004, 2000 (AWCHA); Runners Up: 2006
                        MOP Winners: Darwitz (05), Killewald (00), Raty(12), Wendell (04)

Minnesota-Duluth
                        National Championships: 2010, 2008, 2003, 2002, 2001; Runners Up: 2007
                        MOP Winners: Blais (10), Martin (08), Ouellette (03), Rooth (01)

Comment

Schedule is up

All games Saturday March 12

Wisco - UMD 7 PM ET
                          BC - Minnesota 1 PM ET
                          Cornell - Dartmouth 12PM ET
                          BU - Mercyhurst 3 PM ET
                          "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

We already have a speculation thread going here: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ions-shake-out
                            I'd prefer to keep this one clean for news & reactions.
                            Here's my reaction....

And that has nothing to do with any anticipation for the results!

Comment

What an absolute bunch of crap!!!!!!! Clearly there is no integrity in the selection process and the folks in the East are afraid of the WCHA. What a flippin joke!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X