#1 Boston College vs. #8 UMass-Amherst - HEA Quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Boston College vs. #8 UMass-Amherst - HEA Quarterfinals

Talk about it here! Rematch of last years quarterfinals.
    BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
    National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
    Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Re: #1 Boston College vs. #8 UMass-Amherst - HEA Quarterfinals

they should have already instituted a "running clock" for these two games.....
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Jerry York + Playoffs = BC in 2
      Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

This should be a riveting series
        time to write new history

Comment

Since their last win Jan 22 (!) UMass has gone 0-6-2 with a combined goal differential of six. In other words the six games they lost they lost by one goal and tied the other two. These were mostly against the top half of the league except one game vs PC. This included Maine, Merrimack and BC.

BC needs to take these guys seriously. I have no doubt they will, and I think BC will roll into tournament mode and win in 2 with scores like 5-3 and 4-1.
          Last edited by Zudnic; 03-06-2011, 12:30 AM.
          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Dainton is a good goalie. He'll keep it closer than the UHN goalie. ;-)
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

UMass hasn't won at BC since November 2007. That was also Dainton's first start and only ever win against BC. BC has also won its past 9 games against UMass dating all the way back to the 2008-2009 season. All signs point to a BC sweep but hey, UMass could make it interesting. I remember one of the games last year (Game 1?) ended up a 6-5 final or something like that. Hopefully the guys continue to play like they did this past weekend and just take care of UMass handily this weekend.
              Boston College '12
              1949 2001 2008 2010 2012

Comment

Dainton was the only reason the game was close last time at Conte.

My guess, Game 1: 2-1 (Dainton continues to keep them in it & it's too close for comfort).
                Game 2: 6-1 after a couple of quick goals, UMass rolls over & kicks the bucket.
                Last edited by claver2010; 03-07-2011, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bcfan131 View Post
                  UMass hasn't won at BC since November 2007. That was also Dainton's first start and only ever win against BC. BC has also won its past 9 games against UMass dating all the way back to the 2008-2009 season.
                  I'm surprised you know that UMass beat BC in the 2008-2009 season, but didn't know that Dainton was the game winning goalie.
                  #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                    I'm surprised you know that UMass beat BC in the 2008-2009 season, but didn't know that Dainton was the game winning goalie.
                    then come on more and remind us are you attending this weekend? and do you think we only remember wins and not losses?

Comment

Hi sterlippo1. I will be attending the first two games this weekend. I have a commitment Sunday night so if it goes to 3 games I will unfortunately miss it. More likely, if it goes to three games I'll have to figure out a way to weasel out of said commitment.

As for coming on here, I lurk but usually don't post unless someone mentions UMass, which isn't too often.

I have no idea what you remember. I just found it funny the poster I quoted knew when UMass last beat BC, knew how many times the two schools had played since, knew Dainton beat BC in his first start against the Eagles, but didn't know Dainton played the the game in which UMass last won.

If you want me to remind you of the game in question, I will. It was the second game of a home and home, a Saturday night November game in Amherst, and might have been a sell out. The night before, UMass lost to BC, 2-0 if I recall correctly. That game, in Chestnut Hill, featured Dan Meyers in net for UMass.

As for the Saturday game, Paul Dainton was in net. I remember BC had a lead going into the third, I think by two goals. I remember a UMass Basketball player named Tony Gaffney rode the zamboni during the section intermission to try to give a plug for the hoops team, and he said something along the lines of "You guys are awfully quiet here for such a good hockey game." I don't remember how UMass tied it, but I do remember Casey Wellman beating John Muse in overtime with less than a minute left. I was sitting in the corner of the Mullins Center in the first row above where the Minutemen come from their locker room, which was the same end as where the game winning goal happened. Wellman was a freshman and had a huge grin on his face. It was an enjoyable moment, one that I think sticks out in the mind of a UMass fan a lot more than a BC fan, for obvious reasons.
                      #NewMass

Comment

I will also say that while I expect BC will sweep, Paul Dainton is playing the best hockey of his 4 year career right now in my opinion. I'm frustrated for him that he doesn't have more wins to show for it.
                        #NewMass

Comment

Over in the UML thread they cited a HE release stating next year's season closing series will be UVM at Conte.
                          Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

I find that fascinating and see its relevance to this quarterfinal series.
                            #NewMass

Comment

Originally posted by jjmc85 View Post
                              I find that fascinating and see its relevance to this quarterfinal series.
                              Sorry I meant to post that in the BC season thread.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X