Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
    no one ever "deserves" make up calls for anything. is all you do whine about officiating? how about looking at the mistakes your own team made, and the chances you did not capitalize on. and for the love of god, stop chanting review every time a puck hits a post!
    Is all I do? I made a small point, if you want my to give a game analysis that goes over NU's inability to maintain defensive position which caused them to take some legit penalties fine. Or their inability to get second chance opportunities unlike Thursday night. Don't take one post and act like I have never criticized Northeastern's efforts.

I've made two comments about the officiating this thread and the first one didn't specify that NU got rigged. It was about inconsistency. All I ask for when watching a game is consistent officiating. You call it that way once, call it that way all game. Don't change your mind to try and even up the score or penalty count. Apparently that's too hard to ask for.

Oh and I didn't know you saw ME specifically chant "review" but man you must be a genius to know that I was going along with that chant when the puck clearly hit the post.
    Last edited by SkinsFan09; 03-12-2011, 01:26 AM.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

I was right. 9 PPs weren't enough

I predict 11 for BU Sunday night

any chance witt plays?

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
        Is all I do? I made a small point, if you want my to give a game analysis that goes over NU's inability to maintain defensive position which caused them to take some legit penalties fine. Or their inability to get second chance opportunities unlike Thursday night. Don't take one post and act like I have never criticized Northeastern's efforts.

I've made two comments about the officiating this thread and the first one didn't specify that NU got rigged. It was about inconsistency. All I ask for when watching a game is consistent officiating. You call it that way once, call it that way all game. Don't change your mind to try and even up the score or penalty count. Apparently that's too hard to ask for.

Oh and I didn't know you saw ME specifically chant "review" but man you must be a genius to know that I was going along with that chant when the puck clearly hit the post.
        sorry for not specifying, by "you" i meant many northeastern fans here and at the game. had a couple at t's tonight afterwards, a few things are slipping by.
        time to write new history

Comment

All I want is a consistently called Game 3 with the same standards throughout the game.
          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
            All I want is a consistently called Game 3 with the same standards throughout the game.
            This is Hockey East we're talking about...

Comment

During that 3rd period interference call on bu, my buddy and I saw the play happen as it was called offside. It was a blatent pick move that would have been perfectly executed if we were playing basketball. We were shocked that the ref actually got his head out of his *** and called something like that against bu. But nonetheless, it was a pick. Doesn't have to be a hit to be interference.

On another note let me just say it is all but a lock for bu to win Sunday. I base this on nothing but the past history of NU. After watching this team for 10 years now, they do pick the most heartbreaking way to blow it. Overtimes in Beanpots, losing streaks at end of seasons to miss playoffs, choking and blowing late leads in big playoff games, etc. Bu on the other hand has had the fortune of having the opposite effect many times. They beat BC years back as a #8 seed, they find some way to win Beanpots on their off-years, that crazy comeback against Miami where I'm convinced someone sold their soul to the devil to win. Point is, I see this game going to OT after NU scores to tie with <60sec left, and than lose it in OT on a blown assignment. Watch. (yes, I know I'm all doom and gloom, I've watched enough NU hockey to know better).
              THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

Checking out the highlights from NU's win on Thursday. The "interference" that went uncalled on NU's 2nd goal is something I've seen go uncalled numerous times in various different games over a lot of years. Is it interference? Sure.

Comment

A friend of mine who's a Maine alum was laughing at the stats from the Maine v 'Mack game in the second intermission. "All the first period penalties were against 'Mack, all the second period penalties were against Maine."

My response was, "Did you forget how Hockey East works?"

Comment

Another tough call on BU, I thought, was the first call of the game, that ultimately led to a 5 on 3 for NU. THey called Periera for holding. First of all, both his hands were on his stick, so not sure how that can be considered a hold. Secondly, in my view he hustled up and got good position on the NU player to take the puck. As the NU player tried to fend him off, he fell, taking Periera down with him. I thought the call was going against NU, and was pretty shocked when it went the other way.

I will say this - BU needs to learn to stop taking dumb charges and hits from behind. Granted, college hockey makes a farce of the HFB - all players draw the calls by standing on the toes of their skates, and launching themselves into the boards at the slightest touch and have the "drop" down to a science. That is why they rarley call HFB in the NHL - the players are not focused on drawing the call.

Half of the charging calls I can see coming two seconds prior. If I can see it, then the player should be able to and should know that they need to be smart about it.
                    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                      That play was not a penalty, plain and simple. It was a terrible call. He got a bit of stick around his skates, but it was a tap at best, and did not cause him to fall, and was not a penalty whatsoever. He slipped on the puck. But that didn't even come close to deciding the game or being anything more than a minor factor. There were bad calls both ways, how about the blatant elbow to the head in the first period on (I think ChrisCo?) while BU was on the PK and he was rushing in to pressure the NU puck carrier behind the NU goaltender. I brought up the horrendous interference call against Coyle and then the no call when an NU player made the exact same play. Many of the calls made against both teams tonight were deserved, some were not. None of the bad ones affected the outcome of the game.
                      This the last I'm going to post on it, but that isn't what the call was. Twisting back, tapping on the shins, stepping on the puck and falling to the ice all happened AFTER the penalty was committed. He was hooked (like I said, by the technical definition that has both been called as a penalty and gone uncalled plenty of times each way) on the other side of his body before any of that happened. It wasn't a bad call, it wasn't a great call. But it wasn't incorrect, either. The humor, and the reason I posted anything about it at all, is because they assumed it was a tripping call, they referred to it on this thread as a tripping call, and reacted like it was a tripping call for stepping on the puck.

Comment

Sooo....Witt's gotta start tomorrow...no?

Comment

From the Boston Hockey Blog:
                          That final home game will come Sunday night, and will mark the fifth straight Hockey East quarterfinal series BU has taken to a deciding third game, and sixth in seven years.

“It’s why they’re cutting my chest open,” Parker said, referring to the heart surgery he underwent last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
                            Sooo....Witt's gotta start tomorrow...no?
                            Without question he has to start. He's technically sound, quick laterally and pretty much never out of position. Rawlings is big and inconsistent. NU cannot afford another early two goal deficit.
                            Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Rawlings or Witt?

Honestly the decision is going to come from the things we don't see. Rawlings has been great the 2nd half of the year and had a bad game last night. Witt is a solid goaltender who kept NU in that game. Who starts is going to come from what Cronin and co. see from the two of them in practice. I wouldn't be surprised, shocked, or upset to see either of the two in net. Right now it's 50/50 in my book. If I needed to guess I would lean towards Rawlings to start with a very short leach.
                              THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

Think Rawlings gets the start just because Witt unfortunately never gets a chance, and I don't think Cronin will change his strategy of always starting Rawlings.

I thought Goonen should have been given 5 and game for a crosscheck to Ferriero's head early in the 2nd while he was rushing to the net. No call...

Comment

Working...
                                X