Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Bunyon gave his buddy Parker a helluva birthday present. Officiating didn't give BU the lead but it sure didn't help us get back in the game.
    2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

Bunyon and Fryor better not be back for Sunday...
      Arenas Attended
      Matthews Arena
      Agganis Arena
      Tsongas Arena
      Lawler Arena
      Schneider Arena
      Mullins Center
      TD Banknorth Garden
      Conte Forum
      Whittemore Center
      Gutterson Fieldhouse
      Alfond Arena
      Compton Family Ice Arena

Comment

bu 1-10 on the pp
        nu 1-7 on same pp

sounds about right
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Tom Fryer has to be the worst official in all of the nation and Hockey East should be embarrassed by the performance of the two referees tonight. Just an awful officiated game. Fryer went on to admit afterwards that he screwed up the tripping call on Chiasson. As usual, Hewkin was out there to help BU score 3 of their 4 goals, not including the ENG. I don't know if Cronin sees something in Hewkin that I don't, otherwise I must be blind and stupid. Either way, game three should be a blast as long as Bunyon and Fryer aren't officiating it.
          "We just didn't get the lucky bounces..."

Comment

Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
            Tom Fryer has to be the worst official in all of the nation and Hockey East should be embarrassed by the performance of the two referees tonight. Just an awful officiated game. Fryer went on to admit afterwards that he screwed up the tripping call on Chiasson. As usual, Hewkin was out there to help BU score 3 of their 4 goals, not including the ENG. I don't know if Cronin sees something in Hewkin that I don't, otherwise I must be blind and stupid. Either way, game three should be a blast as long as Bunyon and Fryer aren't officiating it.
            There's no way he's worse than Keenen (though he's probably close)... who did he admit screwing up a penalty call to? That seems odd...

Comment

Originally posted by WildShawn View Post
              who did he admit screwing up a penalty call to?
              Chiasson was attempting to carry the puck out just inside his blue line. The Northeastern player grazed Chiasson's knee with his blade and it appeared to throw him a little off balance, breaking his stride. So Chiasson stepped on the puck and went down and the penalty was called immediately. I have to agree with Motorboaters, it was probably a non-call.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Chiasson was attempting to carry the puck out just inside his blue line. The Northeastern player grazed Chiasson's knee with his blade and it appeared to throw him a little off balance, breaking his stride. So Chiasson stepped on the puck and went down and the penalty was called immediately. I have to agree with Motorboaters, it was probably a non-call.
                What the Northeastern fans don't realize about this penalty is that it wasn't called a tripping. It was called a hooking. The NU player hooked Chiasson, who then spun around to try to recover and get the puck and instead tripped over it and fell to the ice. The penalty occurred before he fell. I thought it was actually pretty funny because they all started booing and screaming, assuming a trip was going to be called when that wasn't the penalty at all.

Comment

Originally posted by NUMcNeely View Post
                  Bunyon and Fryor better not be back for Sunday...
                  Originally posted by Motorboaters View Post
                  FYRER. It's FYRER. At least get his name right if you're gonna tear him a new one.

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  What the Northeastern fans don't realize about this penalty is that it wasn't called a tripping. It was called a hooking. The NU player hooked Chiasson, who then spun around to try to recover and get the puck and instead tripped over it and fell to the ice. The penalty occurred before he fell. I thought it was actually pretty funny because they all started booing and screaming, assuming a trip was going to be called when that wasn't the penalty at all.
                  This is originally what I thought as well, but then the rest of the bloggers said it was an awful call and I assumed I must've just seen it wrong. Hmm...

Anyway, I thought a couple of the calls were bad, I thought they missed a few others and I especially didn't like their lack of cojones when it came to calling game misconducts- I thought Escobedo, Guzior and Chiasson all could've been sent to the showers for hits to the head. All that said, the Huskies did this to themselves. Simply put, they're one of the most undisciplined teams I've ever seen (this coming from someone who's covered BU for the last two years). It's like they don't even try to make an effort to stay out of the box. It's not even dirty so much as just being... stupid.
                  Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I think you have been huffing the same glue Parker gave the refs before hand. Parker works the refs like nobody else can, and the refs are too weak to stand up to it.
                    THEDOGHOUSE alum

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyDreds View Post
                      I think you have been huffing the same glue Parker gave the refs before hand. Parker works the refs like nobody else can, and the refs are too weak to stand up to it.
                      No, not so much. But keep making posts like this one. It's a sure way to earn some credibility!

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                        This is originally what I thought as well, but then the rest of the bloggers said it was an awful call and I assumed I must've just seen it wrong. Hmm...
                        Well, he did hook him. I don't know if it was something that needed to be called since a lot of things that are technically hooks or holds go uncalled. I just thought the crowd reaction was hilarious because it was so clear that the NU fans thought he was getting a penalty for tripping and completely ignored what the call actually was. Then I get home and read this thread and it confirmed what I thought at the arena.

Comment

Well, he did hook him. I don't know if it was something that needed to be called since a lot of things that are technically hooks or holds go uncalled. I just thought the crowd reaction was hilarious because it was so clear that the NU fans thought he was getting a penalty for tripping and completely ignored what the call actually was. Then I get home and read this thread and it confirmed what I thought at the arena.
                          Come on... it was a pretty substantially horrible call either way.
                          ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
                          ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
                          .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

That play was not a penalty, plain and simple. It was a terrible call. He got a bit of stick around his skates, but it was a tap at best, and did not cause him to fall, and was not a penalty whatsoever. He slipped on the puck. But that didn't even come close to deciding the game or being anything more than a minor factor. There were bad calls both ways, how about the blatant elbow to the head in the first period on (I think ChrisCo?) while BU was on the PK and he was rushing in to pressure the NU puck carrier behind the NU goaltender. I brought up the horrendous interference call against Coyle and then the no call when an NU player made the exact same play. Many of the calls made against both teams tonight were deserved, some were not. None of the bad ones affected the outcome of the game.
                            time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                              I raised a fake white flag after that chiasson tripping call. That was atrocious. Though the late 3rd period interference call on Coyle wasn't much better, and neither was the no-call on the identical play 30 seconds later with the jerseys reversed.
                              We deserved make up calls for all the tomfoolery that went on tonight. Two games in a row now...
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                                We deserved make up calls for all the tomfoolery that went on tonight. Two games in a row now...
                                no one ever "deserves" make up calls for anything. is all you do whine about officiating? how about looking at the mistakes your own team made, and the chances you did not capitalize on. and for the love of god, stop chanting review every time a puck hits a post!
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X