Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeastern at Boston University HEA Quarterfinals

On the contrary, I wonder why Witt didn't get more games this season. Rawlings has been somewhat inconsistent in his performance. Not out right terrible, but too many terrible moments that cost a low scoring team like the Huskies significantly. Until Rawlings can put together a decent string of games without "uh-oh" moments, Witt should be getting more playing time. If you don't play Witt, how can you say that you know he can't give you the goaltending that you're looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by smalogna View Post
      They may have said "rough" back in your day but they don't anymore. Stay classy.
      Actually you have it reversed, it was almost exclusively "F___" pre 2006, and primarily "Rough" since then, but that is due to a change in administration's policies, not the students deciding to be less vulgar.

Originally posted by smalogna View Post
      I haven't heard an original thought worth repeating all year from you guys.
      I mean I'm far from unbiased but like mpereira I'm partial to "Get off the phone" and last year I did bring a sign to Matthews that was apparently witty enough that an NU fan brought a copycat sign to the Beanpot...

Honest question, did NU have any BU specific chants this past weekend? I can't remember any but the play on the ice was obviously more important and is filling my memory at the moment.

Originally posted by BigRedTerrier View Post
      Kind of like what the students at BU would do for Maine...although I haven't heard that cheer in a few years
      That is the only vulgar chant that I think is clever enough that it should be allowed. Sadly after hearing it at the Garden one year Maine's Chancellor had a different opinion than I and reached out to BU saying as much.

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Honest question, did NU have any BU specific chants this past weekend? I can't remember any but the play on the ice was obviously more important and is filling my memory at the moment.
        If "rahh wahh rahh" counts, yes. but that's the majority of what I heard.
        time to write new history

Comment

I mean I'm far from unbiased but like mpereira I'm partial to "Get off the phone" and last year I did bring a sign to Matthews that was apparently witty enough that an NU fan brought a copycat sign to the Beanpot...

at matthews on friday i believe i heard a "go home fanboys" chant, which was rather amusing considering there was a band of nu fans who had gone shirtless and painted their chests.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpereira View Post
            You're willing throw Rawlings under the bus that quickly? Saturday was Witt's only start of the year correct?
            I am... although that conversation is over and done with. Hes a pretty fundamentally weak goalie for the hockey east. I have a heart attack whenever the puck gets in close on him.
            Last edited by nufan2001; 03-09-2011, 11:19 PM.
            ..Withstanding pain at Matthews since Trevor Reschny was a freshman..
            ...Cover Boston news and sports for Dirty Water Media http://dirtywatermedia.com/
            .....@RealJayKenney on twitter https://twitter.com/RealJayKenney

Comment

Originally posted by nufan2001 View Post
              I am... although that conversation is over and done with. Hes a pretty fundamentally weak goalie for the hockey east. I have a heart attack whenever the puck gets in close on him.
              It seems, from the few games I've seen him, that he just lets a lot of shots hit him because of his size. For instance, last year when we lost at Matthews 1-0 and Rawlings had a 40+ shot shutout, about 30 of those were just lazy shots that hit him in the chest. In reality, he played a decent game, but didn't really do much. Part of that was because BU's shot selection and execution was so bad, and part was him just going to the butterfly and letting it hit him somewhere. My impression of him has always been he's good, can keep NU in some games, but teams who are disciplined offensively, and can get him in some space and put a move on him, or screen him and get the puck through traffic can get more than a few past him. Seems like a middle of the road HE goalie right now.
              time to write new history

Comment

Hockey tonight!
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by mpereira View Post
                  You're willing throw Rawlings under the bus that quickly? Saturday was Witt's only start of the year correct?
                  The backup goalie is often the most popular player on a team having and up and down season....

Comment

Actually you have it reversed, it was almost exclusively "F___" pre 2006, and primarily "Rough" since then, but that is due to a change in administration's policies, not the students deciding to be less vulgar.
                    You're naive & deaf if you think people say "rough" post-policy.

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                      I didn't want to be the one to say that, because I have been accused of being too argumentative. But since you did, I will second that emotion! Either he's deaf or he thinks they're referring to the little round disk that the players slap around (in Russia they used to cheer "Sheibu" (syllabalized spelling) [the puck] - maybe he thinks they're saying "Puck 'em up! Puck 'em up! BC pucks!"

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
                        This is basically true.

Comment

I challange the BU students to at least say ___ em up. NU Su**s tonight... at the very least it would sound as dumb as cheering BC Su**s when we are in a playoff series against Northeastern.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                            I challange the BU students to at least say ___ em up. NU Su**s tonight... at the very least it would sound as dumb as cheering BC Su**s when we are in a playoff series against Northeastern.

Amen...

Comment

F em up F em up BC sucks!

What? BC is actually not in the building...
                              Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                              Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Warsofsky/Noonan updates?
                                Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                                Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X