plattsburgh State ticket sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plattsburgh State ticket sales

Plattsburgh needs to get their act together on ticket sales. Anyone out there feel the same way?

Re: plattsburgh State ticket sales

quick solution : SEASON TICKETS

Comment

Originally posted by kbail33 View Post
      Plattsburgh needs to get their act together on ticket sales. Anyone out there feel the same way?
      I couldn't agree with you more. You can't expect everybody to purchase a season ticket. This business of making the "general public" portion of "the best fans in DIII" stand in massive lines like cattle is nothing short of **** poor management. Evidently, AD Delventhal et al derive some sort of satisfaction from making the peasants stand and wait for the privilege to attend. Well, its a DIII hockey game, not an unemployment line. Hopefully the NCAA has some sort of clause that mandates advanced ticket sales and override's this buffoon's disdain for the non season ticket fan.

Comment

Originally posted by hey now View Post
        I couldn't agree with you more. You can't expect everybody to purchase a season ticket. This business of making the "general public" portion of "the best fans in DIII" stand in massive lines like cattle is nothing short of **** poor management. Evidently, AD Delventhal et al derive some sort of satisfaction from making the peasants stand and wait for the privilege to attend. Well, its a DIII hockey game, not an unemployment line. Hopefully the NCAA has some sort of clause that mandates advanced ticket sales and override's this buffoon's disdain for the non season ticket fan.
        So, here is what annoys me. I have watched Plattsburgh State hockey since I was in 4th grade. I am an alumni of Plattsburgh State. Unfortunately, I live 2 hours away. So, I can call in to other SUNY schools and get tickets reserved, but Plattsburgh makes you come and stand in line hoping to get a ticket. I have emailed Delventhal about how rediculous this is. His reponse "we tried it once and it just doesn't work for us". Hmmm other SUNY schools can figure it out. Why can't Plattsburgh?? We travel to Middlebury, Skidmore, Oswego and other schools to watch Plattsburgh play.

Today, we got in line at 2pm. We were just around the corner in front of the office. By the time we got to the window, there were only rail seats. How did so many seats get sold that quickly?

Comment

Today, we got in line at 2pm. We were just around the corner in front of the office. By the time we got to the window, there were only rail seats. How did so many seats get sold that quickly?
          1924 seats (and that INCLUDES the ~160? rail spots). 1200 season ticket holders. 50 seats for the away crowd. 2 sections (~100 seats) for the student section. You're down to 574, including rails (although many rails are season ticket spots). Now, if you were around the corner near the offices, and they're still doing the line the same way they did LAST time I stood in a line like that, it arches around quite a bit in the lobby before going around that corner, so I'm going to assume about 100 people in front of you. Everybody can purchase a max of 4 tickets. That's as much as 400 of your 574 tickets gone before you get there.

Welcome to the Plattsburgh State Fieldhouse Box Office.
          Plattsburgh CARDINALS
          SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
          ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
          NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
          NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
          NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
          NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
            ...Welcome to the Plattsburgh State Fieldhouse Box Office.
            Fixed your post
            Larry Normandin
            SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
            WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

So, here is what annoys me. I have watched Plattsburgh State hockey since I was in 4th grade. I am an alumni of Plattsburgh State. Unfortunately, I live 2 hours away. So, I can call in to other SUNY schools and get tickets reserved, but Plattsburgh makes you come and stand in line hoping to get a ticket. I have emailed Delventhal about how rediculous this is. His reponse "we tried it once and it just doesn't work for us". Hmmm other SUNY schools can figure it out. Why can't Plattsburgh?? We travel to Middlebury, Skidmore, Oswego and other schools to watch Plattsburgh play.

The reason it "just doesn't work" for them is because it requires them getting off their dead *****e$ and putting forth some effort. But no! They'd rather stand around in the lobby with their radios and VIP lanyards while the faithful waste their Saturday standing in line. Putting tickets on sale ahead of time at the College Center and organizing a will call with a credit card machine sounds logical and basic to you and I. But it means work for the Brucie's of the world who've been sucking off the system's *** for years (in spite of their obvious incompetence). The warm ups are taking place half an hour before the game and the rink's over half empty because everyone's standing in a massive line hoping to get in? Pathetic! Perhaps a few Letters to the Editor or Dr. Etling are in order?

Comment

I agree with some of your comment but must tell you we had gone to Geneseo for the semi's and got there at 5:30 and they didn't even have anything set up. They came in with a folding table at 6: 00 and then had to go get tickets. They told us they do not sell any tickets before 6:00 for any game even SUNYAC playoffs. The weekend of the Buff. State/Fredonia trip, it was the same. We were at the Buff. game on Friday and received a handout at the game telling us that there would be a firstcome first serve sale of tickets the next night at Fredonia and we should get there by 5ish because they were having a Pink the Rink and there would be 1000 tickets for the students so we would get turned away once the rink was full. So, we got there early too. The reason I'm saying this, is because the ticket policy is not so good at alot of places. I agree, Oswego has the best and Middlebury does also. There certainly is room for improvement all around as we see it in our many travels.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                  I agree with some of your comment but must tell you we had gone to Geneseo for the semi's and got there at 5:30 and they didn't even have anything set up. They came in with a folding table at 6: 00 and then had to go get tickets. They told us they do not sell any tickets before 6:00 for any game even SUNYAC playoffs. The weekend of the Buff. State/Fredonia trip, it was the same. We were at the Buff. game on Friday and received a handout at the game telling us that there would be a firstcome first serve sale of tickets the next night at Fredonia and we should get there by 5ish because they were having a Pink the Rink and there would be 1000 tickets for the students so we would get turned away once the rink was full. So, we got there early too. The reason I'm saying this, is because the ticket policy is not so good at alot of places. I agree, Oswego has the best and Middlebury does also. There certainly is room for improvement all around as we see it in our many travels.
                  I agree that there are programs that sell so few tickets, that they seldom have a concern, but a school like Plattsburgh with its flagship hockey program can EASILY do better - with minimal AD competence.

BTW, How is Oswego's better than Norwich (Both are First Class, IMO)?
                  Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                    I agree that there are programs that sell so few tickets, that they seldom have a concern, but a school like Plattsburgh with its flagship hockey program can EASILY do better - with minimal AD competence.

Norwich's took a hit when the fire marshal made them actually turn people away. Not their fault, and the fire marshal was doing his job, but the fact still remains. The divine perception of the Norwich ticketing process (which I agree was/is first class) was tarnished.
                    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
                      Norwich's took a hit when the fire marshal made them actually turn people away. Not their fault, and the fire marshal was doing his job, but the fact still remains. The divine perception of the Norwich ticketing process (which I agree was/is first class) was tarnished.
                      Now we sell tickets on line. Reg season games go online about 10 days out, playoff games have been available at the beginning of the week. You can print your ticket and take it to the game. We only had the one sell-out (Middlebury) for which there were no tickets available. You print your ticket and it is scanned at the gate. Season ticket holders have the option of picking up their seat or not ahead of time - for next week we have to decide by midnight Monday - and if they don't buy, then the seats are released.
                      2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
                      2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
                      2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
                      2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post

Yes indeed they do sell plenty of tickets when Plattsburgh is there. The rink at Fredonia was full this year and also many students attended at Geneseo. Have you been there lately? I believe we did not have to go to Norwich this year so I made NO comment concerning them. Oswego mailed our tickets to us for the regular season game which we thought was very accomodating.

Comment

Originally posted by Birds View Post
                          Yes indeed they do sell plenty of tickets when Plattsburgh is there. The rink at Fredonia was full this year and also many students attended at Geneseo. Have you been there lately? I believe we did not have to go to Norwich this year so I made NO comment concerning them. Oswego mailed our tickets to us for the regular season game which we thought was very accomodating.
                          I haven't been to Fredonia since 2007, but I do agree, Plattsburgh does draw the crowds (a 1082 sellout on 2/12 vs 285 for Potsdam on 2/11, 515 for Geneseo on 11/12 and 585 for Morrisville on 12/4 - the 388 for Oswego on 1/22 is likely low to the winter break - but does show their potentially for high student turnout). As noted, with Norwich, you can print your tickets on line - saving a stamp (but using your own ink)
                          Larry Normandin

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by CardinalSin View Post
                            quick solution : SEASON TICKETS
                            That would be the solution but I tried to get season tickets for the past couple of years only to be told they were sold out for season tickets. I was first in line for Oswego waited from 9am until 5:30 with my wife and while there talked to a few fans who said that they know friends of family members had season tickets but didn't even live in NY or lived 5-6 hours from Plattsburgh and only came to the Oswego game. They kept their tickets just to make sure that they were able to get in that game. Not sure how that problem could be fixed but they should look for one because that is unfair to fans that want season tickets and live in the area.

Comment

Originally posted by dmac1103 View Post
                              That would be the solution but I tried to get season tickets for the past couple of years only to be told they were sold out for season tickets. I was first in line for Oswego waited from 9am until 5:30 with my wife and while there talked to a few fans who said that they know friends of family members had season tickets but didn't even live in NY or lived 5-6 hours from Plattsburgh and only came to the Oswego game. They kept their tickets just to make sure that they were able to get in that game. Not sure how that problem could be fixed but they should look for one because that is unfair to fans that want season tickets and live in the area.
                              Sold out for season tickets? That seems very odd. If this is true, this makes no sense. I was able to get season tickets the first year of the new renovations one game into the season. There are seats available to the public every game, so for them to turn you away either means they are brainless or you are misconstrued.

Comment

Working...
                              X