Frozen Four ticket location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Frozen Four ticket location

I got the little slip saying it needed to be signed for on Wednesday and picked mine up from the Post Office today. I've had to sign each of the last 3 years. The two years I got tix from the NC$$ before that, I didn't, so that's a relatively recent change.

Priority 5, single ticket, Sec 123, row 16. (I saw someone above get a single row 12 on Priority 2.... a little odd)

And, as has been mentioned earlier, there is no truly bad seat in the place. Was hoping to get Club level tickets to match up with the WCHA Final Five weekend, but 'twas not to be.

Comment

Priority Level: Was 13 last year, but I didn't attend the Motown fiasco.

Section 108 (Lower bowl, on the curve)

Row 18

2 seats
      Last edited by bruno; 03-04-2011, 10:24 AM.
      LET'S GO BRUNO!

Comment

Originally posted by bruno View Post
        Priority Level: Was 13 last year, but I didn't attend the Motown fiasco.

Section 108 (Lower bowl, on the curve)
        Row 18
        2 seats
        So for St. Paul, you're Level 13 (of 14).

Your location is virtually identical to mine, and we share the same priority level. See you at the X! I'm guessing you share my mild disappointment with the assignment. But one thing I can reassure you about is that you're not being punished for skipping the FFFF. I attended last year, but I'm right there with you this time.

Everyone: Keep those reports coming!

Comment

Priority 5 section C34 row 3

Comment

Originally posted by CLS View Post
            Which leads me to a point of confusion. I don't remember having to sign for FF tickets before. For me, going to the PO is a minor pain in the butt, and for others who work farther from home that I do, I'm sure it's more of a pain. It seems to me that it would have been cheaper for them and easier for us to just send them regular mail, and replace the tickets that never arrive. After all, they can easily match the seat with the (original) purchaser and void the original ticket. That's how it worked for us in Columbus. Of course it creates a problem for the secondary market.
            It's the first time we had to sign for them, too. Seems to be a choice of the host, and not the NCAA, though.

With the size of the envelope, I was expecting more tourist info in there. Thankfully for us, Mrs Alfa had already contacted the St.Paul visitors group for info (which we need to open).

Comment

Priority 11
              Section 120
              Row 23

I am intrigued by the fact so many, at such varied priority levels, are reporting seats in the lower bowl or club levels. Given that the NCAA announced tickets were still available, I wonder if this is an indicator that sales are way off this year.

Comment

Priority 10 I think. Sec. 108 Row 22 Seats 1,2, and 3. Seems like a lot of us are in the same section. I'll let smarter people than me do the math. I went , under my name, in 1995, 2000, 2002-2011. Also attended in 1998 and 2001, but went under someone elses name,so that doesn't count for the priority number. Hope we can get Twins tix. on the Friday. Home opener is going to be a tough get a face value.

Comment

Priority 8
                  Section 108
                  Row 11

2 tickets
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

First year purchasing - Section 229, Row 6.
                    APBWiki

Comment

Priority 11 (or maybe 10?) Section 120 row 6 (4 seats) - This no re-entery BS really annoys me

Go RPI!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                        Priority 11
                        Section 120
                        Row 23

I am intrigued by the fact so many, at such varied priority levels, are reporting seats in the lower bowl or club levels. Given that the NCAA announced tickets were still available, I wonder if this is an indicator that sales are way off this year.
                        My understanding is that the lottery sold out, and that the additional tickets came from non-public allotments. My guess is that those tickets were returned or unclaimed by "corporate friends."

At least according to the Star Tribune College Hockey writer, the tournament is now sold out, with the possible exception of returned tickets from the participating school allotments. Naturally that depends on which teams qualify for the FF field.

Even with the apparent sellout, it is fair to say that demand has been pretty soft by the standards of a hockey hotbed. The recent struggles of the Gophers probably have much to do with that.

Comment

Originally posted by kcalccal View Post
                          Priority 10 I think. Sec. 108 Row 22 Seats 1,2, and 3. Seems like a lot of us are in the same section. I'll let smarter people than me do the math. I went , under my name, in 1995, 2000, 2002-2011. Also attended in 1998 and 2001, but went under someone elses name,so that doesn't count for the priority number. Hope we can get Twins tix. on the Friday. Home opener is going to be a tough get a face value.
                          Last year, IIRC, it was tough to get tickets on the secondary market at face value, sometimes even after the game started. Dunno about from the main source, though.

And as for demand, yes MN being a long shot is hurting, but I will say that if UND or WI are there, the value should hold, as they are known to travel well, and also have many transplants.

IF, somehow, miraculously, God intervenes, and makes the championship two of the following three teams: UND, WI, MN........start thinking of a big number to sell or sell-down your tickets for.

At the F5 2007 (IIRC that was the year) of the UND-MN title game, $10 tix were going for $50 minimum. And that was last row, upper deck, on the end.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Priority 1 Section 229 row 3. Doesn't look like great seats but expected for 1st year in the lottery.
                            Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Priority level 4, C40, Row 1. Better seats than we had in '02, but really no bad seats in the Excel.

Comment

Priority 4
                                Section C38
                                Row 6

2 seats

Comment

Working...
                                X