Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discussion on Coaches Developing Players (copied from Princeton thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion on Coaches Developing Players (copied from Princeton thread)

I'll get a new thread started with the announcement of the incoming freshman class: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=204937382

Anyone have any first-hand info on any of these players?

Re: Princeton 2010-2011

Originally posted by PrincetonFan View Post
    I'll get a new thread started with the announcement of the incoming freshman class: http://www.goprincetontigers.com/Vie...CLID=204937382

The best word I can think to describe Rose Alleva is very. She is small, but is very quick, very fast, very offensive, very aggressive. She isn't afraid to make the first pass and jump into the rush. She is a good get.

Comment

I have watched Denna Laing over the years on the various Assabet teams. She has always been a strong forward. Her sister is an up and coming 94 birth year goalie who was on the u16 team this year.

Comment

Sally Butler has good size and is a natural goal scorer with great hands and puck possession skills. She was one of the top forward recruits out of Ontario this year...and a very nice girl too! An excellent acquisition for Princeton.

Comment

First game tonight for Princeton--an exhibition against McGill.

I have no idea what to expect from the team this year. They're picked sixth in the preseason ECAC poll, so expectations don't seem to be high. I expect there will be good goaltending and infrequent scoring, but it will be interesting to see if Paula Romanchuk and Danielle DeCesare, who were high scorers last year, can consistently light the lamp.

Comment

They will do just fine. Don't worry. Be happy. Hockey is back!

Comment

They looked pretty good this weekend. They lost to McGill, allowing two goals in the first three minutes, but considering they had only started practicing a week earlier that's not too bad. In the scrimmage, they shut out Yale 3-0 but then lost to Brown (two periods against each team). Something was wrong with goalie Rachel Weber against Brown--she allowed four extremely soft goals in ten minutes.

All five freshman appear to be ready to go and will be key players. I liked Sally Butler, a big forward, and Rose Alleva at the blue line. Looking forward to the regular season getting started.

Comment

Nice win over Colgate tonight. Seguin with a shutout, and both goals by freshmen. The Tigers missed a lot of scoring chances, though. They've got to learn to hit the open net when it's given to them.

Comment

I doubt I'll see a better team all year in Baker Rink than Cornell, but I admired how the Tigers hung in there. The score was one-sided, but they never gave up.

Comment

What's wrong with tigers? Made the trip to Quinnipiac with my daughter and was very shocked with Princeton's play. What happened to the line of Romanchuck, DiCesare, Landry, who have played well in the past? IMO, Not much happening with those two without DiCesare on the wing.

Comment

I think they're looking for scoring from more than one line so they split up their best scorers. It's early so they'll keep working on different combinations until they find what works.

Comment

Kampersal is notorious for tinkering with his lines; always has been. But the Tigers do look to have an off-year this season. I don't think they're much worse than they have been historically, it's just that too many other ECAC teams have improved, while they seem to be treading water.

Comment

Does Kampersal run the forward lines or does his assistants? Watching from the stands it looks like he runs the defense. I thoughgt that the line changes seemed to be too long. Many times Quinnipiac was able to get up the ice 3 on 2 because Princeton's forwards were tired from a long shift. Several times after icing the puck for some relief, on the pursuing face off the same line stayed out on the ice instead of getting to the red line, dumping the puck and getting fresh legs out there.

Comment

I don't know if he runs them in-game, but I have talked to him in the past when he has spoken of "going back to the lab" to come up with new lines. This year he has twelve forwards--I believe that by the end of the year they will use every possible combination.

Comment

Why is it the others have improved so much?

Comment

Working...
                              X