The Official Neumann Post-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Neumann Post-Season Thread

Long overdue, for a thread of their own. Why not get one started for the playoffs.

It was nice to see the boys pull off the win, yet once again in the first round over Utica. They have got to be sick of traveling down here for the first round every year.

Next Up: Elmira
    Let's call this what it is, it will be a great game. Neumann won 2 of 3 in the regular season, and my opinion special teams will be the largest factor in this low scoring game. In the 3 game series, 7 out of the 13 goals came on the power play. I will run with the stats and say, who can score 'em, and who can kill 'em will be the factor.

Notes:
    I have to admit, I wish the NU trainer would grow the mullet back. Call it luck, call it fate, I think that mullet won the National Championship for the boys back in 2009.

Calling Scarlet>Fire, 'bout that time of the year for you to jump on the bandwagon.
    Last edited by Captain Obvious; 02-28-2011, 09:37 AM. Reason: fixed stats

Re: The Official Neumann Post-Season Thread

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
    I have to admit, I wish the NU trainer would grow the mullet back. Call it luck, call it fate, I think that mullet won the National Championship for the boys back in 2008.
    The St. Norbert fans would like for you to check your history books on this one.
    Plattsburgh CARDINALS
    SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
    ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
    NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
    NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
    NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
    NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Obvious View Post
      Long overdue, for a thread of their own. Why not get one started for the playoffs.

It was nice to see the boys pull off the win, yet once again in the first round over Utica. They have got to be sick of traveling down here for the first round every year.

Next Up: Elmira
      Let's call this what it is, it will be a great game. The team's went 1-1-1 with each other, and special teams will be the largest factor in this low scoring game. In the 3 game series, 7 out of the 13 goals came on the power play. I will run with the stats and say, who can score 'em, and who can kill 'em will be the factor.

Notes:
      I have to admit, I wish the NU trainer would grow the mullet back. Call it luck, call it fate, I think that mullet won the National Championship for the boys back in 2008.

Calling Scarlet>Fire, 'bout that time of the year for you to jump on the band wagon.
      Neumann actually took 2 out of 3 from Elmira and is 1-1 at the thunderdooms this year. Should be a great game, and barring any other upsets in the conference tournaments these two teams should make the NCAA tournament. Should be an electric atmosphere this weekend.
      Lets Go EC!!!!!

Comment

Wait, Neumann has fans?

Comment

Originally posted by lukem2000 View Post
          Neumann actually took 2 out of 3 from Elmira and is 1-1 at the thunderdooms this year. Should be a great game, and barring any other upsets in the conference tournaments these two teams should make the NCAA tournament. Should be an electric atmosphere this weekend.
          Thanks, for catching me on this. I was looking at the wrong year when doing the research. Fixed it.
          Blame it on my Neumann education.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
            Wait, Neumann has fans?
            Clearly you do not remember the student bus that came up for the 2009 NCAA Play-In game at the Domes!

For shame collegehcky2...for shame. PB's galore!
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              Clearly you do not remember the student bus that came up for the 2009 NCAA Play-In game at the Domes!

For shame collegehcky2...for shame. PB's galore!
              I believe I was balls deep in Oswego academia, while others were fortunate enough to be in their senior year and had an easy schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                I believe I was balls deep in Oswego academia, while others were fortunate enough to be in their senior year and had an easy schedule.
                So I only was taking 9 credits and didn't have classes on Monday or Friday...
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

I will admit, this Saturday's game will be a good one, however, let's not forget the fact that we played our back-up goalie last game, one who hasn't looked good all year, it did make a difference. looking forward to this one, been too long since we won the ECAC-W Title on home ice.
                  Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                  Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                  Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Great to see Neumann looks to be headed back to the NCAA tourny! After last years ECAC W debacle with M'ville not advancing despite winning the Championship, I wouldn't make any assumptions just yet tho! Neumann does have a few hold overs from their National Championship squad in 2009 that know what it takes to win it all! If they're able to beat Elmira at the Domes Saturday and qualify, I sure wouldn't want to meet them in the first round! Congrats to Coach Dawes and his staff for bringing this group together at the right time of year! Finally healthy and ready to make a run at it!

Comment

Is this the first Neumann thread? Sign of the times

Comment

HO HO HO boys!! After a long Hiatis I believe its bandwagon time!! Captain Obvious thanks for the wake up call. Plenty of room in rink 3 for another couple of Championship banners! As for that crazy trainer, I think mullet and handle bars stache is the way to go...I love seeing that guy yell at the refs especially "C'MON RUSSELL"; truly an unsung hero on that staff!

GO KNIGHTS

Bring home another one!!

Comment

Will you have a SRO crowd of 350 ?
                          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                            Will you have a SRO crowd of 350 ?
                            Yup, maybe less. So...more one on one time with the ECAC West Cup and National Championship trophy! We don't have to wait in line with beauties like you.

Comment

Neumann has punched it's ticket for the NCAA's as they will be headed to Bowdoin. As far as I can tell they have not faced each other in the past. Neumann is 1-1-time against NESCAC schools, both games against Tufts.
                              Bowdoin and Neumann only shared one common opponent in 2010-11, New England College. Neumann tied NEC 1-1 in the Plattsburgh Tournament, outshooting them 33-18. Bowdoin beat NEC 3-0 outshooting them 41-20.

Bowdoin comes in with the 3rd best offense in the country, averaging 4.38 goals a game. Neumann at 38th, with 3.15 goals a game. Let's keep this in perspective though, Neumann played the 4th hardest schedule, and Bowdoin played the 32nd hardest schedule. Neumann's defense has an edge, ranked 25th at 2.63 goals a game, again playing the 4th hardest schedule. Bowdoin ranks, 37th at just under 3 goals a game, playing a weaker schedule.

One of the largest tell-alls to me, will be Bowdoin's top ranked Power Play at 32%. If Neumann can stay out of the box, and kill off what they do take, this will be a good game.

I don't even want to hear Neumann traveling in the first round will be a disadvantage. They traveled 10,000 miles on the road to winning the title in '09. Who knows, the boys might even prefer it.

Discuss.
                              Last edited by Captain Obvious; 03-07-2011, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X