Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colgate @ RPI (ECAC Playoffs) March 4,5...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate @ RPI (ECAC Playoffs) March 4,5...

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
    What is the deal with the 4pm games...last time I checked this was a college team not a high school or JV team that plays at 4pm.
    I'm personally in favor of a 4pm game on Sunday, as I don't enjoy getting home at 10pm knowing I have to get up for work at 6 the next morning. But I see no reason to change Saturday as well.
    APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by Rainman View Post
      I'm hoping to make it to Saturday's (and if necessary Sunday's) game(s). If I arrive 30-45 min. before puck drop will I be able to get a ticket or two? Or am I better off purchasing in advance? Thanks.
      I highly doubt you'd have trouble getting tickets at the door. Attendance was meager at best for the Brown series last year (1639 was the highest of the 3 games). However, it was the start of spring break. Still, I doubt we'll see much over 3,000. You're safest to call ahead, but they charge $5 to order over the phone. I know, not too helpful of me, but that's the long and short of it.
      APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
        I'm personally in favor of a 4pm game on Sunday, as I don't enjoy getting home at 10pm knowing I have to get up for work at 6 the next morning. But I see no reason to change Saturday as well.
        I wouldnt mind it either but I was planning on driving to CT for a baptism in the early afternoon and coming back for a 7pm start...if it goes that far which I hope not.
        Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Agree. I already can't make Friday's game because of work, and would miss Saturday's game if they moved it.
          Keep an open mind. Just don't be so open-minded that your brain falls out.

Comment

Looking forward to our series with you guys; it's a solid rivalry. We've had some close games this year and both teams play each other tough. Our win over you, Dartmouth, and a tie with Yale were highlights of an otherwise very disappointing season. Should be a good, competitive bunch of games. Good luck to you, and may the better team win
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

A heads up for all attending this weekend - when I called HFH to order an extra pair of tickets for Saturday's game, I was notified by the box office staff that they are considering shifting Saturday and Sunday's games to 4pm. They indicated they should know by tomorrow as they are waiting for the ECAC to give a yea or nay.
              Per Kevin Beattie's twitter: "No truth to the rumor that men's hockey games will start early this weekend. Game times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (if nec.) are 7pm." The RPI Athletics website has also been updated to list start times as 7pm for Saturday and Sunday's games (previously, those times were listed as "TBA").

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
                Per Kevin Beattie's twitter: "No truth to the rumor that men's hockey games will start early this weekend. Game times on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (if nec.) are 7pm." The RPI Athletics website has also been updated to list start times as 7pm for Saturday and Sunday's games (previously, those times were listed as "TBA").
                Nice of him to dispel it as a rumor, when it originated from the box office in the first place.
                APBWiki

Comment

Colgate is much better than their record. They have seven NHL draft picks on team. The following is my source. I heard SA say this on Capital Region Hockey Report. Which I watch because my friend Ken Schott is on it.

http://gogatehockey.blogspot.com/201...y-hamburg.html
                  "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Nice of him to dispel it as a rumor, when it originated from the box office in the first place.
                    Perhaps they were confused by the women's series.

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                      Colgate is much better than their record. They have seven NHL draft picks on team.
                      And RIT had none last season. This matters how?
                      Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by burgie12 View Post
                        And RIT had none last season. This matters how?
                        To add to your point, I don't think that Union has any this year.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Colgate is much better than their record. They have seven NHL draft picks on team.

Maybe if we played up, taking this into account, rather than playing down to the last team in the league, it would help our chances.

Comment

Colgate is much better than their record. They have seven NHL draft picks on team. The following is my source. I heard SA say this on Capital Region Hockey Report. Which I watch because my friend Ken Schott is on it.

http://gogatehockey.blogspot.com/201...y-hamburg.html
                            It has been my experience that number of NHL draft choices on a college team doesn't often correlate well with the success seen unless the draft choices are 1st and 2nd round picks. Once you get past the first 2 rounds, the choices start to become much more of a crap shoot. As RB and B12 have pointed out-some very successful teams have few if any NHL picks on their rosters.
                            Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                              To add to your point, I don't think that Union has any this year.
                              Also true. I just want to make it clear that I'm not disagreeing with AspyDad; I agree that Colgate is much better than their record. However, the logical disconnect in his statement is extraordinary.
                              Go Red!!

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                                It has been my experience that number of NHL draft choices on a college team doesn't often correlate well with the success seen unless the draft choices are 1st and 2nd round picks. Once you get past the first 2 rounds, the choices start to become much more of a crap shoot.
                                Day - 6th
                                Larkin - 5th
                                McPherson - 3rd
                                Price - 4th
                                Smith - 5th
                                Wagner - 5th

I don't see Hamburg on the current Colgate roster.
                                Go Red!!

Comment

Working...
                                X