Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    Isn't that SIDS?
    You're thinking of STDs.
    Bob is making me concerned
    I am the voice of reason

Comment

Re: SCSU @ DU: Playoff Seeding Shuffle Weekend

Originally posted by Wreckincrew View Post
      Oh sure, she's hacked a few players when the ref wasn't looking, but I'd hardly call Gigi Marvin a "goon". With that said, you should still be on your toes if she does indeed make it to town.
      Gigi could hack me any day.

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
      I have another great idea for the Denver team: As a preventative measure, all the Pioneers should toke up on that medical pot before the game, just in case they develop some aches and pains during the games. I don't think it will affect their performance, and they'd be a real happy team. I think we'd see some entertaining hockey, especially if they decide to go without a goalie. Am I right?
      You'd think that, but then again Hepp and Mosey not knowing where they were didn't seem to help our season this year.
      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
        Gigi could hack me any day.
        Haha. You had your chance.
        Originally posted by Skeeterman
        Lady Wore Black is a hottie.
        "I love hockey, it is such a great sport. I love how the outfielders use their baseball bats to hit the ball across the ice field, pass the punter for nothing but net shot from downtown." - Unknown

"No matter what happens in college hockey tournament, the Yankees will not win the World Series this year." - Mr. wore Black

Comment

Link to DU Game Notes for this series
          http://www.denverpioneers.com//pdf8/743378.pdf

THIS WEEKEND'S STORYLINES
          Seniors Kyle Ostrow, Jesse Martin, Anthony Maiani, Chris Nutini, Dustin Jackson, Joey Brehm, Jon Cook and Josh Rosenholtz will be honored during the first intermission on Saturday, March 5.

Freshman Jason Zucker leads the WCHA in league scoring and could become the second rookie in WCHA history to capture the league scoring title.

Denver and St. Cloud State have split their last four series at Magness Arena.

DU has at least one win against all 10 of its WCHA opponents.

Senior captain Kyle Ostrow is expected to return to the DU lineup after missing six games with an abdominal injury.

WCHA SCORING CHAMPIONS FROM DU
          Jason Zucker has a one-point lead over Minnesota Duluth's Jack Connolly in the WCHA scoring race. Zucker looks to became the second freshman to accomplishment the feat since 1969-70 when freshman were allowed to compete in NCAA Division I ice hockey. Zucker would join DU's Vic Venasky as the lone freshman to win the scoring title in WCHA history. Zucker would also become the second consecutive and 10th Denver player to claim the WCHA scoring title joining Bill Masterton (1960), Jerry Walker (1961), George Morrison (1969 & 1970), Venasky (1971), Ed Beers (1982), Dallas Gaume (1986), Dave Shields (1990), Paul Stastny (2006) and Rhett Rakhshani (2010).
          Last edited by du78; 03-02-2011, 09:01 PM.
          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady wore Black View Post
            Haha. You had your chance.
            Bull****. I heard she's trying to do color commentary, and a couple people at the company I'm interning for are trying to get her to come on board. "So you're telling me there's a chance!"
            tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
              Link to DU Game Notes for this series
              http://www.denverpioneers.com//pdf8/743378.pdf

Zucker would also become the second consecutive and 10th Denver player to claim the WCHA scoring title joining Bill Masterton (1960), Jerry Walker (1961), George Morrison (1969 & 1970), Venasky (1971), Ed Beers (1982), Dallas Gaume (1986), Dave Shields (1990), Paul Stastny (2006) and Rhett Rakhshani (2010).
              Wow, talk about a great DU all star team! Take these 10 forwards plus 2 more, say Gauthier and Bozak, and add our 6 favorite defensemen and we have our all time all star DU team!!!
              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                Wow, talk about a great DU all star team! Take these 10 forwards plus 2 more, say Gauthier and Bozak, and add our 6 favorite defensemen and we have our all time all star DU team!!!
                I'd take Glenn Anderson and Peter McNab over Gauthier and Bozak but that's just me.....maybe Cliff Koroll

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

Comment

Have they added more lights in the arena, so we don't see all those shadows when watching them on TV? Can one see OK in the arena?
                  Bob is making me concerned
                  I am the voice of reason

Comment

Have they added more lights in the arena, so we don't see all those shadows when watching them on TV? Can one see OK in the arena?
                    Opposing goalies have reported problems seeing the puck from 190' and out.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
                      Opposing goalies have reported problems seeing the puck from 190' and out.

Nah, Makowski is just a sniper.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

you can see the shadows in the arena as well. I will put it to you this way. The lighting in Magness is every bit as bad as the sound system at the NHC. Of course that is unless they have fixed it since I was there four years ago......
                        I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Zucker would join DU's Vic Venasky as the lone freshman to win the scoring title in WCHA history. Zucker would also become the second consecutive and 10th Denver player to claim the WCHA scoring title joining Bill Masterton (1960), Jerry Walker (1961), George Morrison (1969 & 1970), Venasky (1971), Ed Beers (1982), Dallas Gaume (1986), Dave Shields (1990), Paul Stastny (2006) and Rhett Rakhshani (2010).
                          Originally posted by du78 View Post
                          I'd take Glenn Anderson and Peter McNab over Gauthier and Bozak but that's just me.....maybe Cliff Koroll
                          Let's see I'll take 2 time All American, WCHA MVP, Frozen Four MVP Keith Magnuson as the first man on the blue line.
                          Paired with 2 time All American, WCHA Defensive Player of the Year, WCHA MVP, Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle.

Now for the other four:
                          Take your pick from DU's All American defense
                          Eddie Miller 1952
                          Ed Zemrau 1958
                          George Konik 1960
                          Marty Howe 1960 and 1961
                          Grant Munro 1961
                          Wayne Smith 1965 and 1966
                          Mike Christie 1971
                          Jim Smith 1986
                          Ryan Caldwell 2004-WCHA Defensive Player of the Year
                          Brett Skinner 2005
                          Chris Butler 2008
                          Patrick Wiercioch 2010
                          (Though not an All American 2003 WCHA Defensive Player of the Year Aaron MacKenzie might garner your consideration.)
                          Last edited by vizoroo; 03-03-2011, 07:41 PM.
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                            Let's see I'll take 2 time All American, WCHA MVP Keith Magnuson as the first man on the blue line.
                            Paired with 2 time All American, WCHA Densive Player of the Year, WCHA MVP, Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle.

Now for the other four:
                            Eddie Miller 1952
                            Ed Zemrau 1958
                            George Konik 1960
                            Marty Howe 1960 and 1961
                            Grant Munro 1961
                            Mike Christie 1971
                            Jim Smith 1986
                            Brett Skinner 2005
                            Chris Butler 2008
                            Patrick Wiercioch 2010
                            (Though not an All American 2003 WCHA Defensive Player of the Year Aaron MacKenzie might garner your consideration.)
                            I knew this would get some of you fired up!!! I wonder if the guys from the 50s and 60s could keep up with today's players (I mean when they were in their prime, obviously!)
                            "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                            Tom Serratore

Comment

I knew this would get some of you fired up!!! I wonder if the guys from the 50s and 60s could keep up with today's players (I mean when they were in their prime, obviously!)
                              On the blue line:
                              Let's see I'll take 2 time All American, WCHA MVP, Frozen Four MVP Keith Magnuson as the first man on the blue line.
                              Paired with 2 time All American, WCHA Defensive Player of the Year, WCHA MVP, Hobey Baker winner Matt Carle.

Add 2 more 2 time All Americans Marty Howe and Wayne Smith
                              Then from the modern era add NCAA Champions Ryan Caldwell and Brett Skinner.

Probably the wrong thread for this, but it was fun anyway.

Now for the most pressing matter:
                              Go DU Beat the Cloudies!
                              Last edited by vizoroo; 03-03-2011, 07:49 PM.
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post

Now for the other four:
                                Eddie Miller 1952
                                Ed Zemrau 1958
                                George Konik 1960
                                Marty Howe 1960 and 1961
                                Grant Munro 1961
                                Mike Christie 1971
                                Jim Smith 1986
                                Brett Skinner 2005
                                Chris Butler 2008
                                Patrick Wiercioch 2010
                                My next 4 would be

Greg Woods - All time defensive scoring leader for DU
                                George Konik
                                Marty Howe - not Gordie's son
                                Ryan Caldwell

Its tough to only pick 6. Also Craig Redmond should be in the mix for d-men.
                                Last edited by du78; 03-03-2011, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X