New Hampshire vs. Boston College - Mar 4/5 - Battle for Top Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Hampshire vs. Boston College - Mar 4/5 - Battle for Top Seed

The schedule makers got it right, once again, as UNH, with a one point lead, and BC battle for the top seed in the hockey east playoffs.

While the regular season championship is the goal heading into the weekend, as a UNH fan, as long as UNH builds on the momentum from tonight and puts together two good games and grabs at least the 2nd seed, I wouldn't be that upset but I'd love that top seed.

The UNH/BC series is always my favorite to watch of the season, as there's no team I respect more than BC, and the style they play. We're in for a couple of good action packed games next weekend, I reckon.

Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - Mar 4/5 - Battle for Top Seed

Ditto. I see a split and BC gets 2nd seed. If they somehow get 3 points then great a #1 seed. The prize is the HE Tournament and getting ready for the National Tournament.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

This should be a good set of games. This is setting up just like last year once again.
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

A sweep by either team could send the loser tumbling 2 spots. BC could fall as far as #4 if BU and/or Merrimack sweep. BU could pass them and Merrimack holds the tiebreaker. UNH could drop to 3rd if BU sweeps as they hold the tiebreaker over UNH.

Comment

Almost the exact same thing as last year except this time, three points would do it for BC

Comment

Umile shuffled the top three lines up a bit tonight, and whatever message it was meant to convey really worked. The Cats came out and played with a level of intensity from the opening faceoff that we haven't seen since the Maine series a few weeks ago. It will be interesting to see if he sticks with the new line combos or goes back to the same old. Kevin McCarey played well filling in for Greg Burke who is out for the year with a shoulder injury. Paul Thompson popped a couple tonight which was nice as he was about to appear on one of SteveF's milk cartons pretty soon. Although winning the RS title is always a nice feather in the cap, getting one of the top 2 seeds really needs to be the focus next weekend. Win on Friday and it's all academic.
            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

really looking forward to it. i'll be at both games, making my first ever trip to Lake Whitt. BC's record in that building is horrendous , i'm guessing 5-19 or something like that. it's no accident that the best and most entertaining games all year during the regular season , from a pure hockey stand point ,are the 3 BC-UNH games, IMO.

Comment

Looking forward to this series. I thought BC was the better team last time out as they controlled play for large stretches of that game. Ran into a goaltender on his head. Knew that was gonna be a long night in the 1st period when J. Hayes had a wide open net on a wraparound and the puck slid off his stick and across the crease.

BC/UNH are always great games to watch. Fast, up and down the ice play with plenty of SOG. I will boldly predict that BC takes two... UNH (or any other team for that matter), has no answer for the J.Hayes line, and those guys are just getting started.

Go Eagles!
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Did anybody hear that pablum Craig Janney was spouting on NESN last night that BC might not play for the RS title next weekend, but rather "for the pairings?" Anybody make sense of that?

Comment

Originally posted by pgv View Post
                    Did anybody hear that pablum Craig Janney was spouting on NESN last night that BC might not play for the RS title next weekend, but rather "for the pairings?" Anybody make sense of that?
                    Janney's right. Last season, BC could have went for the regular season title by pulling Muse in OT since a tie didnt help, but a loss would have hurt their pairwise, so he just took the tie and conceited the rs trophy. I think Janney questioned York about the move and not going for the rs title, so it seems Janney has his head on straight this time.
                    Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Does Janney ever make sense?
                      I guess friday's game is on NESN plus as NESN will have a sox spring training game...

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                        Janney's right. Last season, BC could have went for the regular season title by pulling Muse in OT since a tie didnt help, but a loss would have hurt their pairwise, so he just took the tie and conceited the rs trophy. I think Janney questioned York about the move and not going for the rs title, so it seems Janney has his head on straight this time.
                        I don't disagree with your point, but its not like BC just laid down last year, which is what CJ seemed to be hinting. Even after BC lost the three goal lead they played their butts off and **** near won it at the end, even with Muse in the net. If Janney's as on the ball as you say he is, I was wondering if he was alluding to BC success knocking UNH down to a 4 seed, and thus sending the Eagles west.

Comment

I don't disagree with your point, but its not like BC just laid down last year, which is what CJ seemed to be hinting. Even after BC lost the three goal lead they played their butts off and **** near won it at the end, even with Muse in the net. If Janney's as on the ball as you say he is, I was wondering if he was alluding to BC success knocking UNH down to a 4 seed, and thus sending the Eagles west.
                          Yes, a BC sweep could very well drop UNH to a 4 and send BC west.

If BC wins on Friday and locks up a 2, I can see them playing Milner at Durham and taking their chances. York appears to be a very forward thinking coach and his goal (I'm assuming) is ensuring their are the top seed in Manchester and not GB/STL.
                          Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

BC-UNH...for me it means getting to see Joe Mullen, Paul Skidmore, Billy O'Dwyer and other friends back when I enjoyed playing them....lately it seems that BC is just a machine, maybe because I don't know the players other then them just winning year in, year out....probably envious of a program that never seems to have money issues (Boston tax issues?) just keeps on winning...not this weekend though...playoffs will have to take care of itself....

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                              or , more likely , someone explained to him how the pairwise works. remember both he and the play by play guy were incredulous that York did not pull Muse? i was convinced and still am that neither of them knew what the pairwise was and Janney even called it "power ranking" or something like that............
                              Last edited by sterlippo1; 02-27-2011, 07:42 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X