New Hampshire vs. Boston College - Mar 4/5 - Battle for Top Seed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Hampshire vs. Boston College - Mar 4/5 - Battle for Top Seed

Two's are wild! 2-2- after 2. One period to decide the RS champ. What a huge hoal by Atkinson!
    sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

umiliated again. a collapse claude juilen would be proud of for the mildcats
      “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
      Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
      Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
      National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Congrats to BC. You were the better team.
        Inexplicably, with a two goal lead at home after a period and a half, UNH decided not to put the game away with another goal, but The Hobey Candidate from UNH gave BC a PP, and the resulting goal gave BC the momentum Le Chandail Noir could not figure a way to overcome.
        I don't feel bad seeing UNH lose to a team the caliber of BC, especially after all these years watching end-of-season swoons, but this team was pretty good, just not as good as BC.
        "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
        Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by billb View Post
          but this team was pretty good, just not as good as BC.
          UNH still is pretty good. Season's not over for the Cats yet, babe.

What was Umile wearing tonight?
          Originally posted by reBlur
          the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
            Umass will not be an easy out, congratulations see you in the garden

Comment

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
              Umass will not be an easy out
              Yes they will.
              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

i agree. unh is due to get out of the first round one of these days
                “Unless you’re Boston College, you don’t get here every year.”

Pinhead Nation: "gone" but not forgotten

Originally posted by shrader
                Admin, do you still hate BC? If not, will darin and MAV ever be freed? If you do still hate BC, why is SteveF allowed to post?
                Hockey East Champions: 1987, 1990, 1998, 1999, 2001, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012
                National Champions: 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                  UNH still is pretty good. Season's not over for the Cats yet, babe.

What was Umile wearing tonight?
                  I know, I know, it's the post-season tournaments, the winning of which is the only thing that really matters.
                  I'm not sure what Dickie wore tonight, but I hope that before I die UNH fans, en masse, demonstrate on his front lawn demanding he burn his turtlenecks, his major contribution to execrable sartorial taste.
                  "A date is an experience you have with another person that makes you appreciate being alone."
                  Larry David

Comment

I know, I know, it's the post-season tournaments, the winning of which is the only thing that really matters.
                    Not according to Malts. Are you familiar with his posts? The only sad thing about this weekend is that the BC sweep probably will prevent him and Ambrose from posting much and the likelihood of them posting one of their classic, stupendously stupid quotes will be lower than normal as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                      i agree. unh is due to get out of the first round one of these days
                      You start with a strategy of making sure BC isn't seeded in your Region.

Check.
                      Chris V
                      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I hear Bridgeport is nice this time of year!
                        sigpicHalf of what he says goes way over my head. The other half goes way, way over my head."

Comment

• Originally posted by jdevoejr View Post
                          I hear Bridgeport is nice this time of year!
                          Top seed and host yale agrees with you.. If unh goes to the ncaa as a 4 seed, bc goes west
                          Congrats on a great win and well deserved championship, eagles!
                          Last edited by WildShawn; 03-05-2011, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                            Friday night was brutal, but tonight bc took the best unh had and still found a way to win. classy championship level team and coaching staff, too bad a handful of db fans make it hard to be happy for the rest of you.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveF View Post
                              Well, it's still better to get there and choke than to not get there at all

Inexplicably, with a two goal lead at home after a period and a half, UNH decided not to put the game away with another goal
                              I'm confused by this. Was UNH not trying to score again? Should BC have let them score? Point being BC had a say in UNH not scoring to make it 3-0.

Will UVM be?

Haven't looked at the updated PWR, but are BC fans better off rooting for UVM to beat UNH and knock them out of the NCAAs or for UNH to beat UVM and move up from a 4 seed? Whatever can keep BC in Manchester...

Must have been an enjoyable ride back from Durham. When you enter the season with a target on you and then have to chase down a team all year...pretty cool to be standing on top after the final game.

Good luck against UVM. If BC has to go out west, hopefully we can see both these teams in St. Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                                Well, it's still better to get there and choke than to not get there at all
                                How is losing to the #2 team in the country a choke? I'm serious on this one because your definition and mine must be different.
                                UNH

"Any idiot can spell a word the same way time after time. But it call for imagination and is much more distinguished to be able to spell it several different ways as I do." -Patton

Comment

Working...
                                X