UNH @ NU--- Cats travel to Dogland Sat. 2/26

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH @ NU--- Cats travel to Dogland Sat. 2/26

UNH and NU fought to a 2-2 tie last night at Lake Whitt after NU jumped to an early 2-0 lead, but UNH fought back for the final two goals of the night.

The series shifts to Matthews Arena in Boston tonight for the second half of the home-and-home weekend series. Should be a good one as NU's Chris Rawlings vs UNH's Matt DiGirolamo will likely square off in the nets again. This one faces off in about a half hour.
    Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

Proud member of the Coalition of the Swilling

UNH Wildcats
    ECAC Tourney Champs 79
    Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
    Hockey East Tourney Champs 03, 02
    Frozen Four 03, 02, 99, 98, 82, 79, 77
    NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Re: UNH @ NU--- Cats travel to Dogland Sat. 2/26

Unh unh unh unh unh unh unh unh. Lets go blue. Tonight us the night.

Comment

Just listening to the end of the North Dakota-Bemidji State game, and then I'll be putting on the game of the night. Cats really need to come out strong and get a win tonight. We just cannot afford another tie or loss. Not sure what's happened, but ever since the Maine series the Cats really haven't seem all that inspired. Not sure if they are guilty of looking ahead or what, but they got to get their game faces back and take these games seriously.

I was really impressed with Rawlings last night. Despite his team hanging him out to dry after NU went up 2-0, he really stole a point for his team.

LET'S GO CATS!!!
      Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
      2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Greg Burke is out again tonight; they haven't completely diagnosed him yet, but there is a possibility that he will need season-ending surgery. Either way, he will miss at least 2 weeks, possibly more like 3-4, which means Coach U will need to decide to permanently replace him or not--so his replacement can settle into a line. Tonight, its McCarey; not sure if Coach will change the lines, or just stick McCarey into Burkes spot.

This building is **** near empty, with 15 to go until puck drop. With the way NU has been playing, I am surprised there isn't more interest.

Front of the balcony, ready for this game; let's hope UNH comes out to play. They were here at 515, so no excuse of a lack of warm up time...
        Last edited by unhpuckfan2001; 02-26-2011, 05:49 PM.
        I haven't been on here in a year...
        Now I'm a dad. Holy crap.

Comment

Evening Gents!
          Watching BU/UVM (Started at 6:30 for some reason?) and Dan Parkhurst is doing play-by-play tonight for NESN. I haven't tuned in yet, but I assume Mike Murphy will be in the booth with Pete Webster.

Shawn just posted on the UNH/NU thread that Thompson was moved to the Block/Henrion line and Speelman will be skating with Desimone and Sislo tonight...
          haven't seen/heard confirmation but thats interesting if thats the case...

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
            Evening Gents!
            Watching BU/UVM (Started at 6:30 for some reason?) and Dan Parkhurst is doing play-by-play tonight for NESN. I haven't tuned in yet, but I assume Mike Murphy will be in the booth with Pete Webster.

Shawn just posted on the UNH/NU thread that Thompson was moved to the Block/Henrion line and Speelman will be skating with Desimone and Sislo tonight...
            haven't seen/heard confirmation but thats interesting if thats the case...
            Perhaps to get game in ahead of forecasted snow?

Interesting to see what the lines are...

Comment

I don't have a problem with mixing up the top lines... why not??? ..... give it a go... if nothing comes of it, Umile can always go back to the normal lines in mid-game. Truthfully, I am surprised he did not do this at any point since the Maine series.
              Detroit Red Wings - Stanley Cup Champions 08, 02, 98, 97, 55, 54, 52, 50, 43, 37, 36

Arsenal FC - League Champions 04, 02, 98, 91, 89, 71, 53, 48, 38, 35, 34, 33, 31

UNH Wildcats
              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
              Hockey East Regular Season Champs 09-10, 07-08, 06-07, 02-03, 01-02, 98-99, 96-97, 91-92
              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Yup, Sislo Desimone Speelman

Comment

Originally posted by unhpuckfan2001 View Post
                  Perhaps to get game in ahead of forecasted snow?

Interesting to see what the lines are...
                  nah, it was because the bruins game is at 10 and they want to make sure they get the pregame programming in..

McCarey is in for Burke skating with Sorkin and Silengo
                  second line is unchanged (Goumas, Moses, Borisenok, their best line of late)

Comment

6:30 to go in the 1st at BU... no score there for their game vs UVM. Game is on NESN.

UNH Wildcats
                    ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                    NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                      I don't have a problem with mixing up the top lines... why not??? ..... give it a go... if nothing comes of it, Umile can always go back to the normal lines in mid-game. Truthfully, I am surprised he did not do this at any point since the Maine series.
                      Interesting lineup, for sure. The 2nd line has been by far their best line of late. The fourth line has been interchangeable. Hardowa with Sorkin and Silengo looked great last night the few shifts they had together. We'll see how the 1st/3rd line shakeup worksout tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Malts18 View Post
                        6:30 to go in the 1st at BU... no score there for their game vs UVM. Game is on NESN.
                        BU dominating, UVM has had some incredibly bad turnovers, three of them leading to 1 on 0's and Madore has made some amazing saves. UVM has no business being in this game

Comment

GAME ON!
                          Let's go Blue!

Comment

Game on!!

GO - FIGHT - WIN!!
                            Let's go Cats!!!

Philadelphia Phillies Well there's always next year

2007 ECAC East-NESCAC LPS Champ!!
                            2009 ECACHL Pick 'em champ!!

"All the miseries and evils which men suffer from vice, crime, ambition, injustice, oppression, slavery and war, proceed from their despising or neglecting the precepts contained in the Bible." [Noah Webster. History. p. 339]

Comment

Originally posted by Gibber View Post
                              Interesting lineup, for sure. The 2nd line has been by far their best line of late. The fourth line has been interchangeable. Hardowa with Sorkin and Silengo looked great last night the few shifts they had together. We'll see how the 1st/3rd line shakeup worksout tonight...
                              Really liking how Kevin Goumas has played for the last two months or so, too.

UNH Wildcats
                              ECAC Tourney Champs 79
                              NCAA Champ. Game 03, 99

Comment

Working...
                              X