Princeton @ RPI Friday, February 25, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton @ RPI Friday, February 25, 2011

OK, for all you superstitious RPI fans out there, maybe by starting the thread on a Thursday, the team will think they have a game today, and then tomorrow play like they do on a Saturday.
    Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

Re: Princeton @ RPI Friday, February 25, 2011

2010-11
    Thread-Starting Statistics:
    Code:
    fr joe             8- 2- 1 17 points  .773
    Ralph Baer         6- 1- 3 15 points  .750
    burgie12           3- 0- 0  6 points 1.000
    jericho            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    rpihockeyfan13     1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    engineerhockeyfan  1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Waite21            0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    DrDemento          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    GRussinko          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    NYhockeyguy        0- 1- 0  0 points  .000

Cumulative 2003-4 - 2010-11 Thread-Starting Statistics
    Code:
    fr joe            24-25- 6 54 points  .491
    Ralph Baer        19-23- 8 45 points  .460
    engineerhockeyfan 15-18- 4 34 points  .459
    hockeyhound       11-13- 1 23 points  .460
    Red Cloud         11- 2- 1 23 points  .821
    GRussinko          7-13- 1 15 points  .357
    rpihockeyfan13     6- 6- 1 13 points  .500
    RPIBMW             4- 5- 1  9 points  .450
    DrDemento          3-11- 3  9 points  .265
    FlagDUDE08         4- 0- 0  8 points 1.000
    HighlanderRPI      3- 4- 1  7 points  .438
    burgie12           3- 1- 0  6 points  .750
    jericho            3- 5- 0  6 points  .375
    RPIHFH             1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    JennyRN            1- 1- 1  3 points  .500
    Waite21            1- 4- 1  3 points  .250
    berbs91            1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    ambersuds          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    JCrawford          1- 0- 0  2 points 1.000
    NYhockeyguy        1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    Jeffrey On         1- 1- 0  2 points  .500
    REDRocket          1- 2- 0  2 points  .333
    redrocker          0- 0- 1  1 point   .500
    Rockchops          0- 1- 1  1 point   .250
    vicb               0- 3- 1  1 point   .125
    RenPI              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    johnk              0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Cookin4Fun         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    RPI-Fan-Go-Red     0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Gophers #1         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    ZYanksRule         0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    redhead18          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    Priceless          0- 1- 0  0 points  .000
    hawthr             0- 2- 0  0 points  .000

For your listening pleasure:

Fight Song
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music/LongHail.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">

Alma Mater
    ****** src="http://pepband.union.rpi.edu/music3/06%20Alma%20Mater.mp3" Loop=0 Volume=100 Panel="true" Height=20 Width=200 Controller="true" Autostart="false" Autoplay="false" Type="audio/mpeg">
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
      OK, for all you superstitious RPI fans out there, maybe by starting the thread on a Thursday, the team will think they have a game today, and then tomorrow play like they do on a Saturday.
      I like that thinking! I am incredibly superstitious. Back in the early RPI years for me, if we got on a winning streak I would wear the same clothes to every game and had innumerable pre game rituals that i had to do for each game. Nowadays they would put me on all sorts of medications for obsessive compulsive disorder. Way back then I am surprised they did not give me electroshock therapy.
      Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        I like that thinking! I am incredibly superstitious. Back in the early RPI years for me, if we got on a winning streak I would wear the same clothes to every game and had innumerable pre game rituals that i had to do for each game. Nowadays they would put me on all sorts of medications for obsessive compulsive disorder. Way back then I am surprised they did not give me electroshock therapy.
        That noted medical expert Red Cloud has diagnosed me as having OCD. He's probably correct.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          That noted medical expert Red Cloud has diagnosed me as having OCD. He's probably correct.
          Many successful people are diagnosed with OCD. Then of course there are some real degenerates who would be classified as total imbeciles who are OCD also.

Comment

I used to be the same way. Then I took off my beanie.

Comment

Originally posted by jericho View Post
              How do we know you didn't post this from Australia, in which case it is already Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                I used to be the same way. Then I took off my beanie.
                I still have my RPI beanie. It's red, of course, with a white R in the front. IIRC, freshmen have long since stopped being required to wear them during orientation.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I still have my RPI beanie. It's red, of course, with a white R in the front. IIRC, freshmen have long since stopped being required to wear them during orientation.
                  I have mine also-and used to wear it to some of the home games up until about 2001.

Comment

Feola must be insane agreeing to work this game after what happened the last time at HFH (though I think he knows we were more PO'd at Kotyra)... Bob Ritchie will be with him, with Cooke and Shufelt on the lines.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                      Feola must be insane agreeing to work this game after what happened the last time at HFH (though I think he knows we were more PO'd at Kotyra)... Bob Ritchie will be with him, with Cooke and Shufelt on the lines.
                      I am ignorant of how this works-who assigns Feola to the game? He certaily has been difficult for us at times. I saw the game he called at Princeton against Yale this past week-he missed an obvious 5 minute major hit from behind but other than that called a relatively benign game.
                      Last edited by DrDemento; 02-25-2011, 09:21 AM.

Comment

When I was a freshman, we were told that we had to wear our beanies through the first couple weeks of classes. We would be allowed to dispose of them at a pep rally prior to the second home football game.

We were told that it had once been tradition that freshmen were supposed to wear their beanies until the football team won its first game of the season, but that requirement had been eased after some classes went through their entire four years without the team winning a game.

As it happened, the football team won its opener my freshman year (the first time they had done so since 1949), so we actually wore our beanies for a week longer than the old tradition would have required. My beanie turned to ashes in the flames of a bonfire at the pep rally.

It wasn't long before incoming freshman classes figured out what we were too dumb to realize - that if they simply went around campus without their beanies, nobody could tell that they were freshmen, so nobody would give them any grief for not wearing the things.

Comment

I am ignorant of how this works-who assigns Feola to the game? He certaily has been difficult for us at times. I saw the game he called at Princeton against Yale this past week-he mised an obvious 5 minute major hit from behind but other than that called a relatively benign game.
                          My best inference would be that Paul Stewart assigns the officials for each game, and I would have to assume, given a number of referees work at least two leagues (Feola included; he does AHL), he does this well in advance to coordinate schedules. If something occurs that may result in a refereeing issue (similar to game 1 of the 2009 playoffs with RPI/Cornell), I'm sure that Mr. Stewart will attempt to make a change on the fly to ensure a safe working environment, but that isn't always possible. Perhaps two weeks is thought to be enough time, but of course as we know with the RPI/BU game and signage in Section 33 during that game, it isn't with the hostile RPI crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by Waite21 View Post
                            When I was a freshman, we were told that we had to wear our beanies through the first couple weeks of classes. We would be allowed to dispose of them at a pep rally prior to the second home football game.

We were told that it had once been tradition that freshmen were supposed to wear their beanies until the football team won its first game of the season, but that requirement had been eased after some classes went through their entire four years without the team winning a game.

As it happened, the football team won its opener my freshman year (the first time they had done so since 1949), so we actually wore our beanies for a week longer than the old tradition would have required. My beanie turned to ashes in the flames of a bonfire at the pep rally.

It wasn't long before incoming freshman classes figured out what we were too dumb to realize - that if they simply went around campus without their beanies, nobody could tell that they were freshmen, so nobody would give them any grief for not wearing the things.
                            I also heard that it was once the requirement to wear the beanies until the football team won a game, but that was changed for the reason that you wrote. I don't recall that I wore mine after orientation (Class of '68), but I could be mistaken.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

They were gone by 1984. I wonder if that tradition died with the Bachelors. What do the beanies look like? Were they like the ones in Animal House? I'd love to see some pictures.

Someone needs to make Chase wear one until he wakes up form his recent slump (if we can call 3 games a slump).

Comment

Working...
                              X