Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (2/25, 2/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (2/25, 2/26)

The last weekend of the regular season. Lot's of possibilities still there for the playoffs.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: Princeton & Quinnipiac @ RPI & Union (2/25, 2/26)

Huge two game set for us. Princeton is no walk in the park-even though we beat them at Hobey Baker rink. They are an aggressive forechecking machine. We just have to find a way to play friday night like it was saturday. We have a lot on the line in these 2 games-and a healthy Mike Bergin would help a lot.
    Last edited by DrDemento; 02-19-2011, 09:08 PM.
    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

With York seemingly back in the groove and Bergin (possibly) making his reappearance, RPI should be favored to win both games.

If they do, and if Yale takes care of Cornell at the Whale, RPI will finish in the top four.

I'm not going to worry about the other possibilities right now, but I do know that finishing lower than sixth is not one of the possibilities.

Comment

We need Yale to play like Yale can-tomorrow beating Princeton and next week handling Cornell. It would be nice for things to work our way with dartmouth also. But the only thing we can do is our part-we have to play a good friday night game against Princeton and come back without a let up to handle QU on saturday. We do that and we have a decent chance for a bye and a good chance of holding onto an NCAA position for the tournament.

Comment

Tentatively planning on making the trip to the District next week. Any suggestions for a cheap but not sleazy hotel in Schenectady as that will be the site of QU's first game. We'd go to both games but probably head back to CT after the RPI game. Also any advice on tickets would be appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by allnightwong View Post
            Tentatively planning on making the trip to the District next week. Any suggestions for a cheap but not sleazy hotel in Schenectady as that will be the site of QU's first game. We'd go to both games but probably head back to CT after the RPI game. Also any advice on tickets would be appreciated.
            The Parker Inn and The Hampton Inn are both decent hotels in a good neighborhood. They are actually right next to each other on State Street and about a 3 minute drive from the rink. You wouldn't want to walk it though. Also, you should leave early because parking is nearly impossible.

www.parkerinn.com
            http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/h...tyhocn=ALBSYHX

I don't think I'm going to be make it up to Schenectady in time for the Friday night game but I'll be there on Saturday.
            LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Friday night is a must win if we are to get a shot at a bye. Princeton is no push over and Fridays have not been kind to us. If it would help, I would be happy to go to Troy Friday afternoon and beg the team to come out with a purpose and put away the Tigers early.
              Is it too much to ask the team to play one good game on a Friday night?
              Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
              Benjamin Franklin
              The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
              Gary Player

Comment

Yale did what RPI wanted them to do against Princeton, winning 5-4 on a late third period goal. RPI enters the final weekend in fifth place, one point behind Dartmouth and Cornell and one point ahead of Princeton.

Sounds like it was a terrific game. The Tigers gave the Elis all they could handle.

We should expect no less from them on Friday.

Comment

if it is true, as SA always remarks, that the Seniors must lead this team, then this is the week (Senior Night, Sat.) they MUST lead...starting today! Kick butt in practice...pay attention to details during film sessions...eat right....rest at night....and for goodness sake, come out Friday night with some BALLS!!!! As for our role as fans....let's not wait for something to cheer for let's start right from the Anthem...no, from when they come off the ice after the pre-game skate, let's be there behind the bench as they come off, shouting encouragement. Let's "ROCK THE RED"!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Princeton has as much to play for as we do-friday should be a real barn burner. Some teams have more at stake this weekend than others. We can only hope that the opponents of Dartmouth(although SLU and Clarkson really have little to gain this week) and Cornell feel the same urgency to win that we do. As usual, the crucial part of the ECAC standings will be decided about 9:15PM on the last saturday night.
                    Last edited by DrDemento; 02-21-2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                      Princeton has as much to play for as we do-friday should be a real barn burner. Some teams have more at stake this weekend than others. We can only hope that the opponents of Dartmouth(although SLU and Clarkson really have little to gain this week) and Cornell feel the same urgency to win that we do. As usual, the crucial part of the ECAC standings will be decided about 9:15PM on the last saturday night.
                      9:30 if some of the games go into OT.
                      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Watch out for Quinnipiac as well, They were quite chippy in their loss to Yale and really manhandled them in the first period. Obviously Yale outskated and outpassed the checking, but they physically can and will take a team off of their game if given the opportunity.
                        YALE HOCKEY
                        2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by turk181 View Post
                          if it is true, as SA always remarks, that the Seniors must lead this team, then this is the week (Senior Night, Sat.) they MUST lead...starting today! Kick butt in practice...pay attention to details during film sessions...eat right....rest at night....and for goodness sake, come out Friday night with some BALLS!!!! As for our role as fans....let's not wait for something to cheer for let's start right from the Anthem...no, from when they come off the ice after the pre-game skate, let's be there behind the bench as they come off, shouting encouragement. Let's "ROCK THE RED"!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Yale still has a chance to finish first in the regular season, but I am not sure that that is enough to motivate them against Cornell. But on talent alone, Yale should win that game, giving us a chance at a top four finish if we can sweep the weekend.
                          All of this would be irrelevant had we played on Friday nights the same way we did on Saturday.
                          Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                          Benjamin Franklin
                          The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                          Gary Player

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                            Yale still has a chance to finish first in the regular season, but I am not sure that that is enough to motivate them against Cornell. But on talent alone, Yale should win that game, giving us a chance at a top four finish if we can sweep the weekend.
                            All of this would be irrelevant had we played on Friday nights the same way we did on Saturday.
                            Or not allowed 2 OT goals a couple weekends ago.

Comment

Originally posted by engineerhockeyfan View Post
                              Yale hates Cornell, last regular season home game, senior night, win streak against Cornell to protect, keep number one seed in pairwise, believe me they will be motivated. I also really don't think there is a switch you can turn off with these guys.
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X