This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

So after Bimidji's first goal, the announcer said something like, "yeah, he put it in the top corner where grandma hides the peanut butter" I love that expression and reminds me of this: please to watch and enjoy,

[ http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7192553/ ]http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/7192553/*
    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
      I'm proud of the way this team has responded since the losses to Tech and Omaha. What is worrying me though, is that we still have a habit of terrible turnovers on the Power Play. I think the Power Play needs to just keep it simple. Outside of that, I think this team has a shot at the Frozen Four. Whenther they can win it all, I'm not sure. But, this is a huge stepping stone for a very young team.

They have already done us proud, the Frozen Four would be the cherry on top.
      DU had a great weekend of Hockey. In my opinion the Pioneers were the better team on Saturday. A couple of unfortunate bounces went against your team. Good luck in the Tourney, I hope to see a rematch of Saturday's match up.

Comment

pre-emptive bump
        Hoping UND loses to RPI next saturday
        if not hoping for to a UND v. DU regional final
        I'm the guy with the gold jersey in Magness, who is probably drunk or at least getting in trouble for obscene cheers.

"You all saw what happened. Stick down, gloves off, He challenged the Chiefs. Called us names, CALLED US NAMES!"

CC's titles are older than NASA

Comment

At this time of the season, I don't much worry about what the other teams do. I just focus on the Pioneers and hope for the best. Further, right now I just look at this Western Michigan team and hope we play our best game of the season against them and get a win.
          DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
          sigpic
          WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
            At this time of the season, I don't much worry about what the other teams do. I just focus on the Pioneers and hope for the best. Further, right now I just look at this Western Michigan team and hope we play our best game of the season against them and get a win.
            That's what it is about now. You have to play your best game of the season, for the rest of the season. ...if that makes sense..
            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

William F. Buckley used to tell the story about the American tourist visiting Spain during the Franco era. The American asks his Spanish host what he thinks of the government. The Spaniard, in great distress, motions for his friend to be silent. Then indicates the American should follow him. They walk to a park with a beautiful lake in the middle, rent a boat, and row a couple of hundred yards from shore. At which point, the Spaniard says: "I support the regime."
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson Lunatic View Post
                Pretty great story about the team we're facing on Saturday. This has its own thread but I thought some of you would like to see it. If it wasn't for the fact that they were playing DU I would wish them serious tournament success.

Comment

Originally posted by PioneerPhanatic View Post
                  Pretty great story about the team we're facing on Saturday. This has its own thread but I thought some of you would like to see it. If it wasn't for the fact that they were playing DU I would wish them serious tournament success.
                  Very touching. Very classy. Another example of why our game and the people in it are so great.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 03-22-2011, 01:05 AM.
                  2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                    Very touching. Very classy. Another example of why our game and the people in it are so great.
                    Oh man... I shouldn't have watched that before my first period, I gotta find some kleenex now. ****, I wish we weren't playing them now. That was amazing!!!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

It's only Tuesday and we don't play until Saturday.
                      Those pages on the calendar are flipping v-e-r-y slowly.
                      GO DU !!!

Comment

Some suggestions for a better name change for Metro:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...university.php

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                          Some suggestions for a better name change for Metro:

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword...university.php
                          Thanks for posting. I wrote my response.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                            I'm proud of the way they played in the Final Five too. If they were ever "unworthy" of our undying adulation, it was after Michigan Tech beat them at home, to win their first game in like 25 tries. That said...we're all in this together, hoping for the best. Our regional is fine--hopefully we've learned from recent years to treat each opponent with utmost respect. We need to dictate the play against WMU, and exceed their hustle. North Dakota--what can you say. There could be an upset in this bracket. But if we do meet UND, then I think it's good timing, having played a tight game with them so recently. Plus, North Dakota has the curse of the Melrose. Last time I heard him building up North Dakota so much, DU smoked em in the national championship game! Viva el Melrose.
                            Tech was due for a win and that time just happened to be that Friday at Magness. They played a smart game and their goalie was strong; It happens, it doesn't mean the season is/was toast. Here's the proof:
                            Take the '04-05 season, for example, which was obviously a very good year for the Pios. Tech came in that season owning a 1-16-1 record while eventually finishing in last place and on an 11 game losing streak and a 13 game winless streak, while DU was 13-5-1 and hadn't lost for 9 games. So, of course, Tech outscored DU at Magness for the weekend, winning 3-0 and losing 1-0.
                            Here's the box score for the loss: http://collegehockeystats.net/0405/boxes/mdenmtu1.j07

Obviously, this didn't signify a team that was destined for failure, just as the loss this year to Tech doesn't at all signal failure in my mind. The '05 team was the greatest DU team (with all due respect to 1978) of the past 40 years and, yet, they succumbed to the last place, losing streak, MTU Huskies at home.

Comment

Pure CLASS by the WMU team.

Originally posted by PioneerPhanatic View Post

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                                Tech was due for a win and that time just happened to be that Friday at Magness. They played a smart game and their goalie was strong; It happens, it doesn't mean the season is/was toast. Here's the proof:
                                Take the '04-05 season, for example, which was obviously a very good year for the Pios. Tech came in that season owning a 1-16-1 record while eventually finishing in last place and on an 11 game losing streak and a 13 game winless streak, while DU was 13-5-1 and hadn't lost for 9 games. So, of course, Tech outscored DU at Magness for the weekend, winning 3-0 and losing 1-0.
                                Here's the box score for the loss: http://collegehockeystats.net/0405/boxes/mdenmtu1.j07

Obviously, this didn't signify a team that was destined for failure, just as the loss this year to Tech doesn't at all signal failure in my mind. The '05 team was the greatest DU team (with all due respect to 1978) of the past 40 years and, yet, they succumbed to the last place, losing streak, MTU Huskies at home.
                                Then I'll call that a good omen! Good to be reminded of such things.

You just never know how long it will take for a team to rebound from a loss like that, so as to reach their "peak" for the NCAA tournament. I saw some hopeful signs in the Final Five that the ship has been righted, and it's good to see some momentum and confidence going into the NCAA's. Most encouraging: Mr. Brittain's play. Plus, I think Zucker has another gear that he can kick into next weekend. If he does, he and the Pioneers could make a nice run.

Comment

Working...
                                X