X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXX

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
    team scores are posted after the women's XC, DU held off UAA, but lost ground to UNM. After the men's, UNM looks even further ahead, but DU may hold off UAA since UAA had only two men in the race. It is time to give the title to CU... UU and Dartmouth on the podium too.
    Didn't the ski team lose a couple of athletes early on for the season due to injury?
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Drew Shore and Jayson Zucker get a little love from INCH.

INCH’s ALL-WCHA TEAM
      F – Mike Connolly, Minnesota Duluth: A team-leading 23 goals (five of them in one game) makes M-Con our pick for the best player on the Bulldogs’ scary good top line.
      F – Matt Frattin, North Dakota: The WCHA doesn’t award a Comeback Player of the Year trophy. If it did, this star’s return from off-ice trouble and his league-leading offense would make him a shoo-in.
      F – Drew Shore, Denver: Among some amazing puck-moving talent for the Pioneers, Shore stands out thanks to his knack for scoring and assisting (1.43 points per game) versus the best competition.
      D – Chay Genoway, North Dakota: Another candidate for that mythical comeback award, Genoway got another senior season, and despite another injury proved he’s the best we’ve seen at his position in a long, long time.
      D – Justin Schultz, Wisconsin: Eye-popping offensive numbers from a player in a program that knows a little bit about producing NHL-caliber blueliners.
      G – Kent Patterson, Minnesota: Others had better numbers and more wins, but no goaltender meant more to his team’s fortunes than Patterson, who provided much-needed stability for a team that needed it.

FRESHMAN OF THE YEAR
      Save for a mid-season injury to Colorado College’s rookie star Jaden Schwartz, this award would likely have settled 70 miles further south. But if you reward season-long impact and speed that’s as fun to watch as it is tough for opponents to handle, we’ve got to give the nod to Jason Zucker of Denver. He’s the latest in a long line of Pioneer forwards with and abundance of offensive talent and pro potential.
      http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/.../11/wcha_0923/
      GO DU !!!

Comment

I finally did it!! Signed up for Pioneer Vision. I will watch the game tonight, wohoo!!!
        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
        Tom Serratore

Comment

DU 4 Kato 2
          Deserves page 1
          GO DU !!!

Comment

State played a decent game. They ran out of gas late in the second and only recovered for one short surge with about 7 mins to play. Beau's goal was a beauty!
            Has KO gotten 2 penalties in one game ever? Only 3600 at Magness tonight. Weird that "Mr Frowny Face Man" AKA Todd and his side kick BS got assigned to Denver two weeks in a row. I would think the commish would want to spread that love out (?)
            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Once again, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Gwoz. Let's hope we have enough potion to last us deep into the tournament.
              2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                Once again, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Gwoz. Let's hope we have enough potion to last us deep into the tournament.
                My thought starts with us getting there which is likely, but not certain -- at least referring to St. Paul. Personally, I don't give a crap about the "Final Five". But, I would hate to be embarrassed as a one or two seed in the dance. That is what I fear. Tonight's game scares me. It's the Fooking Playoffs and we didn't do crap in 2/3 of the game. I understand that teams adjust, especially ones that you've played before, but we must adjust a bit quicker as the season goes along. This is the last chance to have a game failure. ONE AND DONE after these bus driven Landcows if we win this series. I'll just say this. Tonight didn't really build my confidence in that they can come out and win one game. And we haven't shown that we can DOMINATE a game in quite awhile. I just hope that DU can grasp that acclaimed "sense of urgency" at some point and take it more easy on my aging ***.
                DU Pioneer Hockey. National Champions: 1958, 1960, 1961, 1968, 1969, 2004, 2005
                sigpic
                WCHA arenas I have visited: Magness, Kohl, Sullivan, National Hockey Center, DECC, Cleveland Steamer World Arena (CSWA)

Thanks for your friendship Jimbo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by co14ers View Post
                  My thought starts with us getting there which is likely, but not certain -- at least referring to St. Paul. Personally, I don't give a crap about the "Final Five". But, I would hate to be embarrassed as a one or two seed in the dance. That is what I fear. Tonight's game scares me. It's the Fooking Playoffs and we didn't do crap in 2/3 of the game. I understand that teams adjust, especially ones that you've played before, but we must adjust a bit quicker as the season goes along. This is the last chance to have a game failure. ONE AND DONE after these bus driven Landcows if we win this series. I'll just say this. Tonight didn't really build my confidence in that they can come out and win one game. And we haven't shown that we can DOMINATE a game in quite awhile. I just hope that DU can grasp that acclaimed "sense of urgency" at some point and take it more easy on my aging ***.
                  I think I'll have a lawyer look into DU's liability in case I stroke out. And you're right about the "Final Five." All of these post season deals are designed to do one thing: get your regular season champ knocked off so you can get more teams in the tournament (okay, and to make some money). If somebody upsets the Sioux does that make them NOT the best team in the league this year? Don't make me laugh.
                  Last edited by Old Pio; 03-12-2011, 12:45 AM.

Comment

I am so happy for S. Ostrow!!! I'll bet he wakes up this morning a happy kid!!! It's all about being in the right place at the right time and that's what he did!! 1st star of the game, yessss!!! I hope the excitement from last night generates some momentum for the rest of the post season. They sure had some flashes of brilliance. Nice to see Bennett making a difference and Zucker? Wow!!! He is a force all over the ice. He gets in the opponents heads too, man I hope he sticks around! I think we'll get it done tonight!
                    "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                    Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                      I am so happy for S. Ostrow!!! I'll bet he wakes up this morning a happy kid!!! It's all about being in the right place at the right time and that's what he did!! 1st star of the game, yessss!!!
                      He had a huge grin on his face heading towards Sam after the 2nd goal--looked like he was having a great time! I hear ya about ZUCK he is trully amazing to watch. He was working the mental thing big time last night. In the second he started working his tail off away from the puck--starting trhwoing his body and it got some of the other guys woken up to. Nice team effort last night. State is noticably weaker in comparison to SCSU.
                      Go Pioneers!

Comment

Shawn Ostrow's post game interview. Standing O from the team.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSwZkUiwa8Q
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Musings:

-Sammy needs to really work on not giving up that first cheapie/softie goal early in the game. It's all in his head. He's usually fine afterwords, but that early hole puts the whole DU team in a different mindset. If he can fix that, he goes from a good goalie to a great one, and DU becomes a frontrunner instead of a comeback team. And DU is 13-1-2 when they score first. Maybe Dr. Evil needs to get Sammy some kind of visualization around making early saves. Or trick him into thinking the start of the game is the second period.

-Bennett's goal last night was a really good sign. He needs to step up score, especially when Drew Shore and Zucker don't.

-Shawn Ostrow always works so hard and was good to see him reap some reward.

-Kyle Ostrow is the one captain that is putting the team on his back with clutch goals of late. Keep it up Kyle. You are quickly becoming one of DU's better captains.

-Is it just me, or does our fourth line give up a goal in every game? The whole purpose of the fourth line is not to get scored on. Maybe it's time to shorten the bench. With media timeouts, you can get by without one. Use fourth line guys like Dewhurst for spot PK duty instead.

-I am accepting that making dumb turnovers is just part of college hockey, and players are going to make these kinds of mistakes despite whole seasons of practice, coaching and video review. Hopefully, they don't kill a good season.

-

-

Comment

Gwoz echoed Swami's concerns about the fourth line last night.

Comment

NCAA Skiing Final results are in. DU ended up 5th and couldn't get their 4th title in a row. They did, however, win individual titles in women's slalom and giant slalom and men's giant slalom.

In today's action
                              University of Denver freshman Sterling Grant (Amery, Wis.) completed her undefeated season in women's slalom with the NCAA individual championship, and junior Lindsay Cone (Killington, Vt.) was right behind her in second, as the University of Denver ski team finished in fifth place at the NCAA Championships.

Colorado won its 18th NCAA title with 831 points, snapping Denver's streak of consecutive titles at three. Adding to their title in 2006, the Buffs are just the second team to win multiple championships since 2000, joining DU, which has won seven titles. CU's 18 team titles are second only to the Pioneers, who have won 21 NCAA Championships.

Utah was second with 750.5 points, followed by Dartmouth (643), New Mexico (632), Denver (592) , and host Vermont (575.5).

The Pioneers finished the 2011 NCAA Championships with six All-Americans. Ida Dillingoen (giant slalom, first), Seppi Stiegler (giant slalom, first), Sterling Grant (slalom, first) and Lindsay Cone (slalom, second) each earned All-American First Team honors. Andrew Dougherty (freestyle, eighth) and Andreas Kilde (slalom, ninth) both made the All-American Second Team.

Full DU Website Recap of Championships
                              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Taking a deep breath Blood pressure decreasing
                                Sure am glad we don't have to play tomorrow night
                                GO DU !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X