Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2/18 - Episode II: Attack of the Eagles | 2/19 - Episode III: Revenge of the Huskies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2/18 - Episode II: Attack of the Eagles | 2/19 - Episode III: Revenge of the Huskies

Thread for the weekend series between the Eagles and the Huskies. I'm guessing (hoping) a split where each team wins at home, BC handily, NU by a goal.
    Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
    Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Re: 2/18 - Episode II: Attack of the Eagles | 2/19 - Episode III: Revenge of the Husk

Should be a nice NU contingency at Kelly Rink tonight. Any birdies making the trip to Matthews tomorrow?
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Comment

Re: 2/18 - Episode II: Attack of the Eagles | 2/19 - Episode III: Revenge of the Husk

I like the name of the thread...
      Originally posted by Bakunin
      Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

USCHO writer: "This could only hope to be as exciting as the Beanpot"

Hope you like your crow hot.

7-7 tie for NU. Let's try to get one in front of a sold out Matthews.
        Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by Chickens@NU View Post
          I like the name of the thread...
          Can't go wrong with Star Wars.
          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

I thought NU looked like they wanted to be anywhere but playing a hockey game in the 1st period. The timeout in the 1st and the break between periods really turned things around. NU played a heck of a game the last 2 periods.

Thought the refs were abysmal. As bad as I thought the call on Kreider was, the worst of the night was the call that put BC on the PP with 2:00 to go and we got the game tying goal. Those guys were just making stuff up all night long... they missed a great game.

Expecting another battle tonight. Probably end in a 0-0 tie.
            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

BC has to be more disciplined tonight and play better defense. I expect a lower scoring game tonight.
              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                Expecting another battle tonight. Probably end in a 0-0 tie.
                Haha, I was thinking the same thing.
                Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
                -dggoddard

Comment

Great hockey game tonight. That's the best the Eagles have looked in a while. A good solid effort. Just couldn't put enough past Rawlings.
                  Good job by Northeastern. Your boys earned the win.

Noteworthy... assistant coach Sebastien Laplante did a great job managing the team this weekend. Friday he took a good timeout late in the first to right the ship, and did a good job working the refs after the 1st.
                  Another fine job tonight... took the timeout with 2:11 to go in the third to rest his kids that couldn't change up because of an icing.
                  After a sluggish 1st period on Friday, his team played very hard the rest of the way through Saturday. Good job coach.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Great hockey game tonight. That's the best the Eagles have looked in a while. A good solid effort. Just couldn't put enough past Rawlings.
                    Good job by Northeastern. Your boys earned the win.

Noteworthy... assistant coach Sebastien Laplante did a great job managing the team this weekend. Friday he took a good timeout late in the first to right the ship, and did a good job working the refs after the 1st.
                    Another fine job tonight... took the timeout with 2:11 to go in the third to rest his kids that couldn't change up because of an icing.
                    After a sluggish 1st period on Friday, his team played very hard the rest of the way through Saturday. Good job coach.
                    Glad to hear bc played a better game. York said as much after. That's more important than the end result tonight.

Btw didn't nu use their timeout yesterday because of an icing as well?

Comment

That was a great game & has been a crazy wk between the two teams.

Glad to take 3 out of 4 pts from er... the Beanpot Champs this wknd

For those BC fans that attended the gm tonight.. hope you liked Matthews. Nothing like a gm at the old barn when it rocks.. certainly did tonight.
                      GO NU HOCKEY
                      Always bullish on the future.
                      We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

For those BC fans that attended the gm tonight.. hope you liked Matthews. Nothing like a gm at the old barn when it rocks.. certainly did tonight.
                        The old barn always rocks when BC is there... nuttin new there.

What I did notice though is the nice cushiony chairs. When did that happen? Cripes... I been to a ton of games at NU over the last 15 years and I never noticed 'til last night.

Comment

The old barn always rocks when BC is there... nuttin new there.

What I did notice though is the nice cushiony chairs. When did that happen? Cripes... I been to a ton of games at NU over the last 15 years and I never noticed 'til last night.
                          2009 summer renovations.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

i was not there last night but was in the season opener, my first in Matthews, and you're right, the noise was ear splitting even while not scoring and must have been even more so last night with the win

Comment

Working...
                            X