Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright....so how do NCAA invitations shake out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alright....so how do NCAA invitations shake out?

1 Wisconsin 11 28-2-2 .9062 2 .6610* 1
    2 Cornell 10 25-1-1 .9444 1 .6390* 2
    3 Boston University 9 24-4-4 .8125 4 .6091* 3
    4 Minnesota 8 22-7-2 .7419 5 .5898* 4
    5 Mercyhurst 7 26-5-0 .8387 3 .5891* 5
    6 Minnesota-Duluth 6 18-7-3 .6964 7 .5823* 6
    7 Boston College 5 20-6-5 .7258 6 .5806* 7
    8 North Dakota 4 17-10-3 .6167 11 .5521 8
    9 Dartmouth 3 17-9-0 .6538 9 .5375 10
    10 Providence 2 19-11-1 .6290 10 .5415 9
    11 Quinnipiac 1 20-10-2 .6562 8 .5325* 11
    12 Harvard 0 14-9-4 .5926 13 .5314

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/rankings/#ixzz1EGbEsiSU

Re: Alright....so how do NCAA invitations shake out?

If #1 Wisco plays #8 North Dakota...in conference but travel doable.
    # 2 Cornell plays #7 Boston College...a bus ride away
    #3 Boston University plays # 6 Minn Duluth... would NCAA support travel? Great match up.
    #4 Minnesota vs #5 Mercyhurst...again travel, but what a great test for Mercyhurst.

Granted plenty of conference tournament upsets & outcomes. But interesting and compelling match ups.

Comment

Originally posted by DumbStruck View Post
      #3 Boston University plays # 6 Minn Duluth... would NCAA support travel? Great match up.
      #4 Minnesota vs #5 Mercyhurst...again travel, but what a great test for Mercyhurst.

Granted plenty of conference tournament upsets & outcomes. But interesting and compelling match ups.
      You will most likely have at least 3 east-west matchups. If my memory is correct 3 east west matchups Last year Clarky travelled to Minny, UNH traveled to UMD and BU travelled to Erie. The fourth quarter was an all ECAC affair between Cornell and Harvard in Beantown.
      Last edited by OnMAA; 02-17-2011, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I would not bet on this being the final lineup. I would expect at least one big surprise in the autobids that would knock one of these teams out. Most likely candidates would be Quinny in the ECAC and PC in HE.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
          Last year Clarky travelled to Minny, UNH traveled to UMD and BC travelled to Erie.
          Wrong "B". BC only participates in the tourney in odd years.
          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Alright....so how do NCAA invitations shake out?
            I'm betting that it will be the conference tournament winners from the WCHA, Hockey East, and the ECAC, and five at-large bids, which will most likely mirror the Pairwise rankings.
            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
              BU traveled to Erie, meanwhile, in the prior year I believe Dartmouth traveled to either Minny or Duluth.
              Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
                I'm betting that it will be the conference tournament winners from the WCHA, Hockey East, and the ECAC, and five at-large bids, which will most likely mirror the Pairwise rankings.
                Genious...... pure "Freak"'n genious!
                Toe Blake On goalies: "You get four goals off them, or five, but the goal you've got to have to win, somehow the great ones don't let you get it.”

Comment

Originally posted by IceIsNice View Post
                  ... in the prior year I believe Dartmouth traveled to either Minny or Duluth.
                  Are you talking 2009? Dartmouth went to Madison; BC was in Minneapolis; UMD played in Durham.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

If BC ended up 6th, would the NCAA have BC play BU in the quarters?
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      Ooops....Corrected....Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        If BC ended up 6th, would the NCAA have BC play BU in the quarters?
                        Very possible. This is what they did with Cornell and Harvard last year. Suspect it may depend a bit on which other teams get into the final eight.

Either way, the top 4 seeds will have a home date, and the rest is filled in from there. Not sure how cast in stone the rest of the order would be.

Comment

Very possible. This is what they did with Cornell and Harvard last year. Suspect it may depend a bit on which other teams get into the final eight.

Either way, the top 4 seeds will have a home date, and the rest is filled in from there. Not sure how cast in stone the rest of the order would be.
                          4 through 7 is very tight, it should be a fun race to the finish.
                          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

It depends. I think they'd go BU-BC if bracket integrity clearly demanded it. There is a sizeable gap I think between No. 5 and No. 6, so they wouldn't stick BU with Mercyhurst to avoid intraconference. But BC and UMD I think are closer and they wouldn't have a problem sending UMD to BU. If BC opens up a gap with UMD, I could see the intraconference matchup. If they close the gap with Mercyhurst or Minnesota, probably NCAA will avoid it.

I also think the committee would generally like avoid conference tourney retreads in NCAAs. I believe they've only had one such game Wisconsin @ Minnesota, and I think that matchup was sufficiently panned that they may try to avoid it. The other intraconference games I recall Dartmouth@Harvard in '08 and Cornell@Harvard last season were not conference tourney retreads.

I think in the case of Cornell the matchup was more about rewarding Cornell rather than saving travel costs. They could just as well of sent UNH to Harvard if they wanted to reduce costs. I thought almost all season UNH was headed to Harvard but they were so mediocre down the stretch they ended up at UMD instead.

Comment

Dartmouth could be 8th in the PWR by the end of the weekend.

They were always the team in the best position to jump North Dakota.

Comment

Working...
                              X