Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
    Point, Laruso! (?sp)
    Don't you have a ukulele to restring or something?
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

• Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
      Fed League, I noticed that the BU players wore their helmets this weekend when they came out to start the game. Previously, they've come out bare headed. Why the switch?
      Interesting... They have done warmups / intros / anthem sans helmet for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Interesting... They have done warmups / intros / anthem sans helmet for as long as I can remember.
        I'm assuming Parker made them do it in reference to the recent comment he made about the team getting up by a couple goals and feeling that they needed to get a goal for their stats. Given what happened Friday night, he may have felt the players needed to focus on the team more, and themselves, less. Not getting to show off your stylish hair (I'm of course thinking of Connolly here ) during the warmups may be his way of making the point.

What's next - removing names from the jerseys?
        BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
          What's next - removing names from the jerseys?
          How then would you guys come up with all those clever nicknames???

Comment

oldtimer- I have to spread rep before returning yours, but thanks for the kind words. I agree.

As for post-graduation, I have no idea. Apply for as many jobs as I can and hope someone hires me, I guess. I definitely plan on covering hockey in some capacity next year for someone- NHL, AHL, college, juniors, whatever. Probably depends on wherever I happen to be living.
            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

As for last night's game...I have to say that I was impressed. Coyle looked better and the lines seem to be coming together. MacGregor had a few turnovers but he did OK. Team showed a lot of hustle.

More of this next weekend please.
              Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                As for last night's game...I have to say that I was impressed. Coyle looked better and the lines seem to be coming together. MacGregor had a few turnovers but he did OK. Team showed a lot of hustle.

More of this next weekend please.
                Thought we moved the puck in transition much better, wasn't UVM a thorn in our side in the past for clogging center ice? Seemed they were doing that poorly or BU was prepared better. The announcers mentioned reversing the puck away from pressure. While we hit the one home run to Chiasson, there were several other long passes that seemed to keep pressure on UVM getting back vs. forechecking.

In my limited sample size I see them playing better, putting more pressure on with offensive execution in spurts, the young guys playing better, but still having enough situations per game that would doom them against a top team. That won't get fixed in the next two weeks so, if we get to the HE semis/finals (which would be an indicator that we will get a bid to the NCAA's) then it will boil down to this, in my estimation:

Can Coyle and Chiasson create points through the combination of size and skill? Cycling is fine, it needs to translate into scoring.
                Can Megan, Nieto and Gill come up with the lightning strike that we see glimpses of now? Are they getting comfortable enough to not think and just play intinctively?
                Can Warsofsky come back and be a factor?
                Can Joe P and Connolly bring the leadership and grit the team will need to upset somebody? We'll need a shortie at some point and it will come from one of these guys.
                Can Kieran carry them one game when the above doesn't happen? If not they'll be planning the year-end meeting a week or two earlier.

You all have seen more than me, I see all of the above in spurts, rarely in concert with one another...BU can beat PC or Vermont with that effort, they won't win a few do or die games in a row if they don't do it consistently. As we saw Friday, they can do it for 50 minutes...imagine the final score if they weren't playing UVM Friday..that last shot goes in instead off of the post.
                Last edited by pirate; 02-28-2011, 08:11 AM.
                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by theprofromdover View Post
                  Point, Laruso! (?sp)
                  It's La Russo i believe, as in Rudy La Russo who i bet BU Oldtimer knows

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    *****http://www.hollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/karatekid460.jpg******
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      *****http://www.hollywoodnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/karatekid460.jpg******
                      yeah, i know its from that but to us old people, well, it's Rudy LaRusso!

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        Rudy attended (graduated?) Dartmouth. When I first started to follow the Celtics, he was one of Johnny Most's primary villains. JM referred to him as Roughhouse Rudy.
                        if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
                          Rudy attended (graduated?) Dartmouth. When I first started to follow the Celtics, he was one of Johnny Most's primary villains. JM referred to him as Roughhouse Rudy.
                          now THOSE were the good old days. i had forgotten he went to Dartmouth though

Comment

BU faithful - what's the impression you have of Courtnall?
                            I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                              I think he is one of the underrated guys on the team in regard to his improvement from last year to this year. He was in and out of the lineup last year but he has been a solid fourth line guy all year for this team. He is an enforcer for sure and has offensive skills as well. I wish I was there when he sent the ND guy through the glass in Chicago. He isn't a great offensive guy at this point in his career but I think he has the potential to move up the lineup throughout his career and maybe even grab a C or A in two years as a senior. There was one point in the Beanpot game against BC that he kept the puck in the zone for close to a minute by himself and really grabbed some momentum for a while there. I think he is a big physical guy the team needs out there on the ice after Gryba left. I know they play different positions but you still need that physical guy out on the ice especially aginst the more physical teams in the league like MC and NU.
                              GO BU

Comment

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                                Seems to be improving every week. Good checking line player, learning to use his size to his advantage rather than aimlessly throwing it around and ending up in the box all the time. Offensive skill is lacking, but on the fourth line, that's not really what you're looking for out of him. He also seems to be getting better at cycling down low and working against the boards in the offensive zone. With some shooting and finishing around the net skill, he could develop into a fairly solid contributor. But Parker can't coach or develop players, so all of this is untrue and moot.
                                time to write new history

Comment

Working...
                                X