Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Boston University 2010-11 Part III - Is That So Much To Ask?

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
    Just posted two quick hits on the blog- Warsofsky's out with a concussion, Megan's questionable with an ankle and Parker discusses Cronin's suspension.
    No doubt this is the team lying down because of Glass
    April 11th 2009
    October 27th 2004
    October 28th 2007

Sure, the Yankees have won 27 World Series Championships, but how many Beanpots have they won?

Comment

Fed, did JP have any comment on the Shattenkirk trade?
      if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
        Fed, did JP have any comment on the Shattenkirk trade?
        Yeah, basically said it was usual NHL business. Said the Avs have plenty of offensive d-men and were looking for a defensive stalwart like Johnson, and that the Blues weren't going to give up Johnson without getting some valuable pieces like Shattenkirk and Stewart in return.
        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Nice pick up with O'Regan, the incoming class in 2013 looks to be strong already. maybe now people (cough, shaughnessy, cough) will stop bashing BU for not having enough "local guys"

Comment

Despite sucking, unless I'm missing something we now cannot finish lower than fifth and NU cannot get home ice. The magic number, so to speak, for home ice is now one. One win, one maine loss, or combination of ties, and we've got it. Maine has now shut out their opponents in three straight games, albeit two against Lowell. Where's that supposedly bad Maine goaltending?
            time to write new history

Comment

Amazingly, BU jumped from t16 to 15 in the PWR and would be the last team in right now.
              Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

This team is so so frustrating to watch, it really does feel like last year again. Did anyone notice how poor Millan's body language was after the goals? Guy was furious. I don't want to blame the meltdown on him at all but he definitely did have problems with rebound control tonight. Whatever kind of funk the team is in right now has definitely become a bad habit, and unfortunately bad habits die hard. Don't see much success for this team in the next few days/weeks despite being in pretty good position HE standings wise.

Comment

I feel a rant coming on and it ain't going to be pretty. Un****ing believeable.

How can this coaching staff let this team keep failing the same way over and over and over....

Well, at least I won't have to read four pages of power talk. Right? Right!!??

BU Hockey: Golfing by March 19th.
                  It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                    Despite sucking, unless I'm missing something we now cannot finish lower than fifth and NU cannot get home ice. The magic number, so to speak, for home ice is now one. One win, one maine loss, or combination of ties, and we've got it. Maine has now shut out their opponents in three straight games, albeit two against Lowell. Where's that supposedly bad Maine goaltending?
                    Sullivan has all of those shutouts and recently came back from injury (not that he was anything great before that). Anyway, the 3 v. 6 and 4 v. 5 QF series' should be pretty entertaining when you consider both Maine and NU are playing some good hockey right now.

Originally posted by pirate View Post
                    I'm going to be in the Bahamas and also will miss BU winning HE finals
                    Who do you like in the B's/Canucks game?

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                      Amazingly, BU jumped from t16 to 15 in the PWR and would be the last team in right now.
                      depends how you want to break the tie. if you use rpi, we're in, if you use the pair, CC is in. and btw, the guy commenting on your blog tonight using my name was not me. i would not abandon my whaler moniker. speaking of which, how do you change your handle on here? i've considered doing that lately.
                      time to write new history

Comment

Originally posted by slurpees View Post
                        depends how you want to break the tie. if you use rpi, we're in, if you use the pair, CC is in. and btw, the guy commenting on your blog tonight using my name was not me. i would not abandon my whaler moniker. speaking of which, how do you change your handle on here? i've considered doing that lately.
                        7-11 fallen out of your favor?
                        Let's go Terriers!

It hasn't taken me long to realize, everybody here knows a lot more than me about college hockey...

1971, 1972, 1978, 1995, 2009

Comment

Perhaps I a have resigned myself to regular frustration with this team, because I actually wasn't all that ticked off after watching the game last night (perhaps if I had made the drive and spent the money to watch in person, I would have been more upset). BU dominated the middle 40 minutes of the game, and I felt like at some point, things were going to go UVM's way. Sure, I thought we had the game when it was 3-0, but I didn't feel it was a complete let-down by BU as much as UVM finally having a few plays work the way they wanted them to. I think there was some laziness on the back-check once it became 3-0, which helped the cause for the Catamounts.

- Great to see the 4th line cash in. I thought they looked great.
                          - Nieto looks like he could explode for a 4-point night anytime now.
                          - Nice job by Trivino on that draw in the last 10 seconds of OT. He pulled a Steve Thornton, winning the draw himself and skating to the net. Unfortnuately, Chiasson didn't seem ready for that play to happen, because he wasn't positioned very well for a pass.
                          BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

There was so much good for the first 44 minutes...then that team kinda stunk it up.

That was hard to watch (in person). Attendance has been low lately and the student section(s) have been very sparse.

Coyle sure falls down a lot doesn't he? He's not ready for the AHL, but if he keeps this up, I hope he goes regardless.
                            No energy, no chances, no nothing out of him since the World Juniors.

Thought Joe P. played great and Megan had some great chances.

20 wins is once again starting to look like a stretch goal....on pace for another 17-19 win ho hum effort.
                            Last edited by Jacques Joubert; 02-26-2011, 06:56 AM.
                            Boston University: 2009 NCAA Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacques Joubert View Post
                              There was so much good for the first 44 minutes...then that team kinda stunk it up.

That was hard to watch (in person). Attendance has been low lately and the student section(s) have been very sparse.
                              Ya, where were all the students last night?

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                                Perhaps I a have resigned myself to regular frustration with this team, because I actually wasn't all that ticked off after watching the game last night (perhaps if I had made the drive and spent the money to watch in person, I would have been more upset). BU dominated the middle 40 minutes of the game, and I felt like at some point, things were going to go UVM's way. Sure, I thought we had the game when it was 3-0, but I didn't feel it was a complete let-down by BU as much as UVM finally having a few plays work the way they wanted them to. I think there was some laziness on the back-check once it became 3-0, which helped the cause for the Catamounts.
                                So, I promised myself that I'd give myself a good night's sleep before ranting, and was actually feeling better this morning until I read this.

Have our expectations actually fallen this far? Granted, I wasn't at the game either and had to listen on radio, but they have a 3 goal lead, in the third period, in a game they absolutely need, against a short-handed injury ridden team and blow it....and you're not ticked off??

Forget criticizing Parker, this one falls at the feet of the players themselves. It doesn’t matter who the coach is…hell, I could’ve been behind the bench dressed up in my finest fanboy facepaint, glitter sticks, and in the midst of a Charlie Sheen like coke binge and still the players should be able to hold onto a three goal lead!

Anyone else get the sense that they just don’t care at the point? Or rather, don’t care enough to care for a full 60(5) mins?

Also, I think Madore really is an above avg goalie, but why does it seem like year in and year out we make every goalie look like Ken Dryden disguised in Hockey East jersey from team X, Y, or Z?

Rant over...I think…can’t wait for tonight so I can have another opportunity to lower my expectations.

Nice to see Gill find the back of the net for the 1st time in 20 games…welcome back

Comment

Working...
                                X